Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    FreeMax is very active on the market lately. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to try their latest product.

The new Maxus 100W by Freemax is equipped with "Smartload Tech Load At Will" technology. It can work in any direction the battery is inserted, regardless of polarity.
    It can accommodate an 18650 (the adapter is included in the kit), or a 20700 or a 21700.
    The Maxus 100W supports VW, TC (Ni, Ti, SS), TCR, Bypass, VPC (customizable delivery curve) modes.

The Fireluke 3 Resin Edition is the successor of the famous Fireluke 2 and Fireluke M tanks. The top-refill has been updated in the top-cap with a new sliding system with three internal steel balls. To increase friction and to prevent its accidental opening.

Enjoy the reading.

The Maxus cardboard box on the front shows the warnings, an image of the Mod, the "reminders" on the use of the COILTECH 4.0 and the presence of the SmartLoad Tech function.

On the back are listed, the specifications of the mod, the specifications of the tank, the content and the usual warnings.

1.jpg

On the side we find the brand's social addresses, a bar code with the color indication of the mod, the scratch and check and the hologram.
    The physical address, all the various logos / brands and more warnings are shown on the other side.

2.jpg

The Maxus 100W at the first opening of the package:

3.jpg

The kit includes:
    1 Freemax Maxus 100W Mod
    1 18650 battery adapter
    1 Tank Fireluke 3 Resin Edition TPD
    1 X1 904L SS Mesh coil of 0.15Ω 40-80W
    1 Mesh coil X2 904L SS from 0.20Ω 40-80W
    1 envelope with spare O-ring
    1 USB Type-C cable
    1 User Manual

4.jpg

Freemax Maxus 100W:
    Dimensions: 134.5 × 27.9 × 37.5mm (including the tank)
    Weight: 148gr

5.jpg

6.jpg

Freemax Maxus 100W Specifications:
    Construction materials: Resin / metal
    Chipset: FM Maxus 1.0
    Output: 5-100 W.
    Delivery modes: Variable Wattage, TC (Ni, Ti, SS), TCR, Bypass, VPC (Curve)
    Supported batteries: 21700, 20700 or 18650 with adapter
    Display: OLED screen
    Supported range of resistances: 0.1-3Ω
    Temperature range: 200-600 ° F / 100-315 ° C
    USB Type-C - 2A charging
    Fireluke capacity: TPD 2ml version, standard 3 / 5ml version
    Usable coils: COILTECH 1.0-2.0-3.0-4.0

7.jpg

Freemax Maxus 100W colors:

8.jpg

Freemax Maxus 100W how it's made:
    The side panels that cover the mod are in resin, the first has a honeycomb motif on a black background and shows the words "maXus 100w" and "for the max free"
    The second (removable) has an imaginative color scheme, the colored parts are soft to the touch.

9.jpg

The side surfaces of the frame are in metal painted in satin black, one houses the Oled screen and the metal buttons for adjusting Fire, up, down, all square in shape with an excellent finish.

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The upper side of the mod houses in a central position a beautiful 510 cup with characteristic "X" workings, it can accommodate atomizers up to 28mm making them remain slightly raised to avoid scratches to the mod, the gold-plated pin is spring loaded.

On the lower part we find; an arrow indicating the opening of the battery compartment, five vent holes, a numerical code and the indication of the place of origin.

11.jpg

Inside the battery compartment we find engraved on the plastic a different words, one of these reminds us that the device is equipped with "Smartload Tech Load At Will" or we can insert our 18650/20700/21700 battery in any way, without paying attention to the towards polarity. To easily extract the cells we find a lanyard, near the base of the lanyard we can see again the reference to the "Smartload" indicated by two small arrows.

Below we also see a cell 21700 inserted, the magnets of the panel are clearly visible, while those of the compartment are submerged. The lateral movement of the panel is there but it is minimal and bearable.

12.jpg

Freemax Maxus 100W components view:

13.jpg

Freemax Maxus 100W menu navigation:
    Aside from the classic on / off operations (five clicks on the fire button) and the Down / up buttons pressed together to lock / unlock the screen ... We can enter the menu with three clicks on the fire button, from here with the Up scroll keys / Down we have the possibility to configure the different delivery modes and a lot of parameters.

14.jpg

Freemax Maxus 100W safety protections:

15.JPG

Freemax Fireluke 3 Resin Edition:
    Basically this atomizer consists of five pieces.
    - The Drip-Tip 810 is in resin, it uses two o'ring for the seal, plus one inside the Top-Cap.
    - The Top-Cap is made of resin / metal, inside it has three safety spheres that generate friction against the involuntary sliding opening.
    - The installable Pyrex glass can be of three different types, 2ml, 3ml, 5ml.
    - The coils that can be installed are all COILTECH from series 1.0 to series 4.0
    - The base has an air regulation ring equipped with a closing stop.
    On the bottom of the Fireluke 3 atom, we find a removable gold-plated contact pin.

16.jpg

The FM COILTECH 4.0 supplied in the kit are coils made of M90 military grade steel, equipped with SS904L military polyester mesh, the cotton formula is composed as follows: 95% tea fiber cotton and 5% organic cotton.

17.JPG

18.JPG

Final thoughts:

I was very impressed with FreeMax, I wasn't expecting a beautiful and complete electronic box like this. The dimensions are really limited for a Mod that can accommodate "large" 21700 cells and also the weight is not excessive considering the metal frame. The wide use of resin and the graphic solutions applied to it give it a young and fresh touch. The finishes seem good to me even in the smallest details such as the selection keys, the thread to screw the atom or as in the case of the couplings, see the atom that remains slightly raised from the cup so as not to scratch the Mod, only the panel of the battery has a slight movement.

19.jpg

The circuit is really full of functions, modes and protections, I really liked the "Smartload Tech Load At Will", the Maxus 200W version can also work with only one cell inserted, I am having a great time inserting various 18650,20700 cells , 21700 in this Maxus 100w without having to worry about the right way ...
    The Fireluke3 atomizer has been improved in the Top-cap and the range of COILTECH 4.0 has been renewed which boast the successful combination of cotton and tea fibers on which Freemax has built its success. Like the previous ones, also these COILTECH 4.0 are at the highest levels among the predetermined ones, I have had the opportunity and I still appreciate the previous series of COILTECH 1.0, 2.0. 3.0 all really performing and lasting, these in particular seem to be even more reactive than the previous series, especially the single coil X1 already at 40w has a great performance, these coils are superior to all the best sub-ohm creations on the market today, the I've always said.
    Note: all SS904L X mesh coils are compatible with Fireluke 2 and Fireluke M and vice versa.

I would have preferred FreeMax to send me the bigger Pyrex because the 2ml version is really too small.
    That said, don't miss the Maxus 100W, you can also take it in KIT with the Fireluke 3 Resin Edition but with the large tank.

20.jpg

Freemax Maxus kit 100W Pro:
    Build quality
    Good materials
    Attractive graphics
    Small size for a mod with 21700
    Chipset FM Maxus 1.0 manages battery life well
    Chipset FM Maxus 1.0 identifies the coil and the mod fits both in TC and in VW
    Chipset FM Maxus 1.0 "Smartload Tech Load At Will" function any cell insertion direction
    Multiple protections
    USB Type-C
    Updated Top-Fill mechanism
    Exceptional performance of the COILTECH 4.0 X series
    Duration Coil

Freemax Maxus kit 100W Tips:
    Slight movement of the battery door
    Only a 2ml glass (TPD)
    -------------------------------------------

I thank Freemax for sending me the Maxus 100w for this review: Freemax Maxus 100W Kit With Fireluke 3 Tank

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread