Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi,

Today I have the Freemax Maxus 200W for review, not the initial version, but the metal edition. It comes with the M Pro 2 tank which is a mesh tank and also has an rba coil which I received as well, will cover in this review.

Special thanks to @Freemax_Jerry for sending me this kit and the RBA coil for review.

Specifications:

Packaging:

Freemax Maxus 200W mod

Maxus M Pro 2 Tank

904L M2 Mesh coil 0.2ohm

904L M1 Mesh coil 0.15ohm

Extra glass tube

Type C usb cable

Warning Card

Warranty Card

User Manual

Review:

This metal edition looks much better than the initial plastic edition, it does not look so cheap. Design of this mod reminds me a lot from the Drag 2, pretty much the same form factor. Mod feels proper, but I wish they would have taken a bit slower with the branding on the left side of the device. Also, not a fan of the stripe design going on, would have preferred a clear panel.

You can insert two 18650 batteries once removing the battery door. What makes this mod unique is that you can place your batteries any way you like, and it will work, that is because of the smartload technology, very nice. Another nice feature is that it also works with a single 18650 when inserting into the slot closest to the screen. Also, here it does not matter which direction you put your battery. The mod recognizes the amount of batteries inserted. When just one is inserted it limits the mod to 80W and only shows one battery bar on the screen. When two are inserted you can fire up to 200W and two battery bars appear on the screen. Very nice all this ease with batteries.

Battery door is not perfect. It does have very strong magnets and connects well, but it wiggles left and right, kind of annoying. Heard the initial version also had this issue, so its not fixed.

All buttons feel really nice and sturdy. They sit flush and do not rattle or anything. They also respond very well.

Main screen is nice and bright enough, no colors, just white on black. It shows output, Resistance, puff-counter and battery level (1 bar when one battery is inserted and two when two are inserted).

This mod has quite a bit going on inside, lots of functions and nice additional informative menu's.

Let's start with the informative menu, here you can check the voltage output for each battery, the temperature of the mod, firmware version.

Seems all kind of standard, but its not. Cannot recall any mod that shows you the temperature of the mod or voltage per battery. Even though it does not have any function, it is cool to be able to find such information.

In the ‘SET’ menu you can set the Timeout time, test the coil, reset the puff counter, set the time, choose between Celcius and Fahrenheit and reset the device to factory settings.

Output functions it has plenty. Wattage, TCR, TC Ni, TC SS, TC TI, Bypass, vape curve Did do a short test of each and all seemed to work well. Since I am plain and simple, I generally don't go any further than wattage.

Included tank is an updated version from the M Pro which I have reviewed some time ago. The M Pro version two is similar, but slightly less bulky. Coils for the M Pro and M Pro 2 are interchangeable, which is good.

Let me begin by saying the main con of this tank right at the start; the color does not match the mod. The mod has a stainless-steel type of finish while the tank is black, also the marble panel do not match the black tank. Kind of strange to sell a kit but not have the colors match up. Looking at the other available color setups it seems to be mainly different with the kit that I received, the other color options have much batter matching tanks.

General design of the tank is nice, and it feels properly made, did not experience any issues with this tank if its about the design. Both top and bottom of the tank match each other with its knurling design.

I received the TPD version which holds just 2ML, but luckily Freemax also separately included the 5ML bubble glass. Capacity of 5ML is OK, could have been bigger especially when using the triple or quadruple coil it drinks up lots of liquid.

Really like the top fill system with the child-lock. A red indicator shows where exactly to lift up the cap and slide it open. Fill port is of proper size, but it is complex to fill with larger tip bottles. Not because of the size of the fill-port, but because the top-cap does not slide open sufficient enough to properly get in there. Still its not a mess when filling with larger bottles, just drop it in there and the pressure relieve hole on the opposite side makes sure it does not flood back at you.

Airflow is very airy when wide open and can be restricted to a very nice RDL draw. Airflow is not silent nor turbulent, it is not disturbing and quite smooth. Easy to turn the airflow ring because of the knurled design.

Same as all Freemax Subohm tanks coils are screwed into the base of the tank. It is easy to take the tank apart to get to the base and the edging on the coils make it easy to unscrew them, even when lubricated.

Probably don't have to say this as I said it many times, but Freemax coils for me are the best SubOhm coils I have tried. Amazingly crisp flavor, proper longevity and just very smooth. I've tried all M Pro coils in the past and they are simply amazing.The dual, triple and quadruple coils they do love sucking up a lot of liquid, but to me every added coil is more flavor.

Also received the RBA coil and for that I can only be positive. It is very easy to build on with it postless design and you can just screw it into the base of the tank to get the hotspots out. Honeycomb bottom airflow does its job very well, because the flavor on this RBA coil is just great. This is the best RBA coil I have tried so far both in single and dual setup, very much recommend it. For me it performs better than lots of RTA tanks out there, so if you are looking for a tank that allows for drop-in coils and a rebuildable then this is a very good choice.

Conclusion:

Not a bad kit at all, much like using the Maxus 200W kit. It vapes great, flavor is great and the RBA coil is great. The metal edition for sure looks much better than the initial plastic edition.

Any downsides to mention are the battery door being a bit wiggly and the tank not being in the same color as the mod. Esthetic wise it’s not my favorite looking mod, but it does not look bad as well. For the rest all features and functions are very welcomed.

Would I suggest buying this mod? There are better mods out there, but this one would not disappoint in my opinion. I wouldn’t mind spending some money for this kit, and would for sure recommend getting the RBA coil, because it’s great.

Thank you for reading, take care!

Sjoerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread