Freemax Maxus 200w review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurilla

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
This is a review on my giveaway win that I received a week ago. Wanted to thank Freemax and Linda for the Maxus 200w and Mpro 2 tank.

What you get in the kit

1x FreeMax Maxus 200W Mod
1x FreeMax M Pro 2 Resin Edition tank 5ml
1x Spare Glass 5ml
1x Freemax 904L M2 Mesh Coil 0.2Ω
1x Freemax 904L M1 Mesh Coil 0.15Ω
1x Spare O-Rings
1x USB-C cable
1x User Manual

Technical specifications and features

Output Voltage: 0.7-8.4V
Charger Specification: 5V/2A
Input Voltage: 3.3-4.2V(Single battery) / 6.6-8.4V(Dual battery)
Output Mode: Power/VPC/Bypass/TC-TI/TC-SS/TC-NI/TCR
Output Wattage: 5-200W/100-315‘C/200-600’F
Battery: 18650*2 (SmartLoad Tech-Load at Will, support single/dual battery)
SmartLoad Tech - Load at Will: No polarity determined,
Multiple Output Modes & Smart Coil Detection Function: Multiple output mode including: Power, VPC, Bypass, TC-TI, TC-SS, TC-NI and TCR.
Multiple Protections:
Short Circuit Protection
High-Temp Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Over Charge Protection
10s/Timeout Protection
Open circuit Protection
Low Resistance Protection
510 threading connection
Type-C USB Charging Port

The mod

It's a double battery mod in a black metal body with a two-toned resin panel battery door. It's a gorgeous kit the resin is beautiful especially the way it matches the tip. Honestly I would of prefered both sides to have resin to match. Three buttons on the front of a nice size and responsive clickiness . One big firing button on top and two directional buttons on the bottom. Standard five clicks to turn on and off three clicks to access the menu. I've only used the wattage mode I don't use temperature control or any other settings. I also haven't found a way to adjust the brightness on the screen. There is a bit of play on the battery door on mine. It has a USB c port and I read reviews from people with more technical knowledgeable than me that say it charges batteries very well. I use a external battery charger but it's nice to know that it can handle charging batteries safely. The big new feature on this mod is the smart load technology so what that means is that it doesn't matter what orientation your battery are in its going to work no matter what. Being new to removable batteries it helps that I don't have to wear my glasses when inserting batteries to see the polarity. It's also capable of operating on a single battery but it only goes up to 80 Watts. Seems helpful if you're in the situation and you only have one charged battery. I love the smart load technology hopefully it becomes a standard in the industry. The 510 plate is slightly raised and secured by two screws.

The tank

It's a top fill system with a three ball bearing sliding cap. It has a kidney-shaped fill port small air hole in the back. Filling was easy and simple. The tank is a nice 5ml. The 810 resin mouthpiece has a colour that matches your battery door at least the top half. The coils are made from military grade SS904L mesh and Tea Fiber Cotton formula (95% Tea Fiber Cotton plus 5% Organic Cotton). Flavors coming from this 0.2 ohm coil are simply delicious. I have already pre-ordered more coils.

Great product freemax you really knocked it out of the ballpark with this one. 9/10

Reactions: SP013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread