Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Greetings,

long term vaper here. Long term rebuildable/replacable/DIY temperature regulated user.

So why a 'pod mod' ??

A friend of mine had/has one and liked it and I had not spent any on vaping for quite some time so I figured why not? I'll give it a try.

A setup was ~$45 shipped and within a week there it was. A nice young lady rang the doorbell with the package in hand. After unpacking I found that it needed a USBC to charge (happen to have a source for that) and less than 1hr later I had a green light (charged) and I was ready to go.

The 'kit' I bought comes with two coils, a 0.5ohm and (I think) a 1.0ohm coil. The 0.5 ohm coil is installed by default. I simply removed the POD, opened the little flap and dripped in 3.4ml of 18mg %100vg unflavored juice, closed it up and installed the POD. A magnate keeps the POD in place.

After multiple presses of the fire button, it was on and running. With the 0.5ohm coil there is really only 2 power level settings. In theory with the 1.0ohm coil there are 3 settings available.

Impressions? Actually I was quite surprised - in a good way. There are two air flow settings, one geared for MTL (which I did not like) and one geared towards restricted DTL (which I did like). With the DTL airflow and ether of the power level settings the little device produced a acceptable amount of vapor. My friend tells me that they charge quickly and with 3.4ml of juice capacity might last a while between refills.

Sorry to say that the jury is still out on how much use I can get between charges as I've not used it much.

The BIG bonus here is the size and weight of the device. Another bonus is the USBC fast charging.

Online replacement PODS and coils are not all that expensive.

If I did not already have a lifetime supply of other vaping options, these little devices are a viable option.

g.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread