Freemax Twister

Status
Not open for further replies.

just-some-guy

Jan 6, 2019
hello, people. I am one of the Twister winners.

well, here it is, just now got it, really.
it feels pretty good in the hand. the blue was my least favorite color, in the pics it looked light blue'ish, the tank is. but the mod is has nice coloring.. I like it.
and we all know about the FreeMax tanks = heck yeah ! and the slide open top is nice.

THANX FreeMax !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry for the crapy pics.

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
crickets ......
Don’t take it badly. People are reading it, they’re just not replying much because the post is mostly informational in nature. Not a lot of replies to mooch’s posts either quite often, but he’s probably the most heavily read guy here.

• Informative
Reactions: just-some-guy

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
is that graffitti stuff painted or vinyl foil?
Bah. Now I’m all curious about the printing. I used to work for a design agency that specialized in flexographic printing back in the day.

Without knowing for sure I’d say probably based on some sort of wrap or decal float. Printing a design that complicated in the round is hellishly difficult, at least with the technology I’m familiar with. I suppose there could be some new ink jet 3d printing system but the nature of the graphic itself implies no.
It definitely looks like spot color rather than a screen from here. The thick black lines are a giveaway of registration issue reduction. All the versions with thin lines are 1 color. Looking at the various versions together they all have the limitations inherent to flexographic printing.
The interesting bit is the caps which are printed as well. As the graphic makes the turn over top of the cap it stretches in a way that implies a flexible water bath transfer decal. They could just be using the expensive printing method on the caps though and simply using a sticker for the body. It would be cheaper.

Is it more durable than a simple sticker assuming it’s not one? Maybe a little. It’s still printed. There may be a lacquer covering the graphic but that will wear away. I predict either way it will ding up fairly quickly.

just-some-guy

Jan 6, 2019
it is a dipped transfer printing, a coating. idk what that is called.
from what I understand, its pretty tough. and it is very well done.

I have been using it, for $35 is pretty darned nice. great flavor.
I really like the power knob on the bottom, very easy power adjustment.
it is solid metal and feels very nice.

I was going to skin it, and maybe I will someday. but for now, I like it.

oh, and it fires INSTANTLY.

all in all, its a very nice vape.

I predict FreeMax will come out with solid and/or more adult colors.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
it is a dipped transfer printing, a coating. idk what that is called.
from what I understand, its pretty tough. and it is very well done.
so float transfer then. A bit like one of those water slide decals for plastic models back in the day, but more complicated.

The printing itself usually isn’t tough at all, but you can put a clear coat over it that is so the difference is academic. On the whole perhaps tougher than a sticker. It will chip rather than peel. Unless of course the coating is permiable by ejuice in which case it will bubble and slough off in patches. Ejuice is often really tough on paint.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread