The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

FT 60 Watt Temp control Zero clone

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Misfitsjosh, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Misfitsjosh

Misfitsjosh Full Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Round Rock TX, USA
    Just seeing if its worth the $60 to order this from FastTech. Never ordered from them, but i know shipping can be a pain in the butt. Will only be using it for the Temp control, so is it worth the $60 price tag?

• Like Like x 1
  2. seanol

seanol Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    I have it and use it regularly. Couple observations:

It works just like the Vapor Flask clone, same chip.

It has Nickel Purity as a setting. This means you can use titanium or other materials and keep the proper temp. You can use the others with these wires but must reduce temp to match resistance curve.

You will strio the wood screws that hold it together. I stripped the top one by screwing down an atty too tight. Just causes a gap bit it could be an issue from an asthetic standpoint. Do not try to put a longer one it; the positive lead is just below the screw. Ask me how I know!

The 510 is fixed. It is also reverse thread. That sucked to figure out!

The resistance will read around .04 ohms low. An issue using nickel on a RBA with limited room as you can only make so big a coil to reach the lower resistances. It will fire a .06 build though.

Some report the mod will not give a low battery warning, I never let my battery meeter get below 3/4 full but I have taken the battery out and seen 3.6 before so I would agree.

Overall I use both the Zero and my VF daily and love them. SXK really did a noce job with this chp and mod for a clone. I like the form factor and during a normal work day it will last all day. For weekend chain vaping I will change the battery after around 4 hours.

HTH,
    Sean

3. Misfitsjosh

Misfitsjosh Full Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Round Rock TX, USA
    Thanks for the reply! i was watching the thread were you and a bunch of others were talking about it, but couldn't reply bc im new.

• Like Like x 1
  4. seanol

seanol Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    No problem at all. I do enjoy it. It is a clone and as such it has issues but for my $60 I found it very worthwhile.

Good luck,
    Sean

5. Allen Tu

Allen Tu Unresolved Status

Sep 1, 2015
  6. Allen Tu

Allen Tu Unresolved Status

Sep 1, 2015
    [​IMG]
    • Mini size, convenient to use, easy to operate
    • 510 threading connection
    • Spring-loaded center pin
    • Supporting 3 working modes ( Titanium TC+Nickel TC+VV/VW mode)
    • Variable wattage – can be adjustable from 1W to 60W (in 0.1W increments)
    • Temperature control: 200-600’F(AKA 100-300’C)
    • Resistance range: 0.08-3ohm (normal working) / 1ohm (standard load)
    • Micro-USB charging port
    • Single 18650 battery
    • Short circuit protection
    • Low voltage warning
    • High temperature alarm function

7. nelsonm64

nelsonm64 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    Kelowna, B.C.
    @ Allen Tu, I saw a review where the mini asks if its a "new coil" after 30 mins or so if not used. will this be fixed? I have a SXK 60 watt chip in a rDNA and it does the same thing *annoying*! but, my "50w" SXK full size zero does not?

I really want a mini but the fact it has this issue is putting me off....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.