GAH!! Too sweet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

newuser

Jun 14, 2009
So I've ordered a couple flavors of nicotine...and tried refilling cartridges, but every flavor I try seems too sweet. I get my nicotine but at this point I feel like I'm sucking on a perfume bottle of novocaine. Am I doing something wrong?
I've tried: camel, ry4, cappuccino, watermelon, pineapple, strawberry, chocolate, Marlboro, coca-cola...........for some the sweet makes sense, but all?
I'll keep smoking this thing but it's really starting to suck.
(it's saving me $15 a day, so it'll take ALOT more than taste to stop me)

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
So I've ordered a couple flavors of nicotine...and tried refilling cartridges, but every flavor I try seems too sweet. I get my nicotine but at this point I feel like I'm sucking on a perfume bottle of novocaine. Am I doing something wrong?
I've tried: camel, ry4, cappuccino, watermelon, pineapple, strawberry, chocolate, Marlboro, coca-cola...........for some the sweet makes sense, but all?
I'll keep smoking this thing but it's really starting to suck.
(it's saving me $15 a day, so it'll take ALOT more than taste to stop me)

Obtain some "Kent" flavor until your taste-buds mature in the next few weeks and you start realizing you don't have to vape things that taste like buttcrack to enjoy your nicotine fix.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Last edited:

ShMiGgY

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
hilton is still a bit sweet to me, but more of a creamy tobacco sweet pipe tobacco type of flavor. It is my absolute favorite... Just a perfect e-cig flavor for me.

555 is my second fave. It's not so much sweet (still a little sweetness though), but defintely nutty (cashew, i ate a cashew the other day, then took a hit of 555,,, exact same flavor)...

both are good flavors, I don't want to vape fruit or desserts, give me a smooth, creamy nutty or tobacco flavor and i'm all set. Although, a good chocolate flavor isn't all bad...

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
So I've ordered a couple flavors of nicotine...and tried refilling cartridges, but every flavor I try seems too sweet.

I've tried: camel, ry4, cappuccino, watermelon, pineapple, strawberry, chocolate, Marlboro, coca-cola

Why did you even order fruity, sweet flavors instead of trying straight tobacco flavors? If you want to cut out sweet, try black tea, green tea, menthol or unflavored. Also, stick with liquid with a PG base. VG-based liquids tend to be even sweeter.

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
The Tennessee Cured from Johnson Creek isn't very sweet, I'm like a lot of people on here though, I started off thinking everything tasted too sweet and now I can't get enough of the sweet flavors.

I was that way about a year ago, I really like JC tenn Cured. they have a new forumla they are working on and it is not very sweet at all. :wub::wub::wub:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
For me everything was weak and nearly tasteless! I started vaping only 2 flavors a day, switching back and forth, by week 2..gee things starting tasting good and the flavors became stronger! I think my taste buds woke up or I quit overloading them. The sweet flavors are my favorites but once in a while I go back to 555 or Virginia..mild and not sweet for a change.

newuser

Jun 14, 2009
Why did you even order fruity, sweet flavors instead of trying straight tobacco flavors? If you want to cut out sweet, try black tea, green tea, menthol or unflavored. Also, stick with liquid with a PG base. VG-based liquids tend to be even sweeter.

I just dug through the "drawer-o-nicotine" and I did have some 555 in there, it tastes a little better but still perfume-y.
Fortunatly I'm saving enough money that it's REALLY easy to justify ordering more juice.
.....Just gotta decide what brand.

VaporStyx

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
NC, USA
You might want to try Turkish Blend (mine is from TrueVapor). It's the least-sweet tobacco I have tried. There is some roasted nutty-type flavor to it (more walnut-esque than the 555 which is more peanut-esque, and sweeter).

My wife isn't a fan of the room-smell on the Turkish Blend, she says it "Smells like meatloaf"?? lol wth. Oh well, it certainly does *not* taste like it smells.

Motor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2009
Aalesund Norway
I cant stand the sweet flavors, I think I have more than 100ml of different juices that I'm never going to vape. Especially Vanilla and Cherry is horribly sweet, luckily I got friends with different taste-buds than mine which is willing to take them.

Many suggest Kent here, which is a good flavor, but the Kent I've tried is still sweeter than Virginia and regular Tobacco. RY4 is sweeter but a different, non sickening kinda sweet.

..according to my tongue (which has taken quite a beating during the years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread