Gas Station/Over the Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
Hey ..

Well, an "event" recently occurred that put me entirely out of e-juice and cartomizers for at least the next 3 days or so. I'm stuck with nothing. Nada. ... and I'm not used to that!

So I figure I'd give one of the over the counter type of disposable e-cigs a chance. It'd be nice to have the convenience of running up to my local gas station or drug store and grab an e-cig the way I once upon a time got a pack of cigarettes.

I picked up one, brand name "Logic", and it's "ok" for what it is.

I'm wondering if others out there have sampled any of these retail store disposables, and has there been any consensus as to which one is the best? If there's a thread out there already discussing this, could you send me to it?

Thank you kindly.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
I started out with a 21st Century Smoke kit. It got me on the road to vaping. Recently I was out and about and my battery died. I was near the smoke shop where I had bought my initial kit, so I stopped in and picked up a 21st Century disposable. No where near to what I'm used to now :rolleyes:; but did stick it in the glove box for emergencies :D.

John Top

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2010
Amelia, OH
There are no Juice stores in my area (eastern rural or Cincinnati,) and after talking with varying gas stations, food marts, and tobacco stores (there only one tobacco store,) I found that even the over-the-counter ecigs have only recently become a trend in the area. The brands carried around here are Cig2O, NicMAXX, Square, NJoy, and 21st Century. Out of those I have tried both Square and NicMAXX. I am a menthol smoker so I knew I didn't want a plain tobacco cig. The NicMAXX seems to aim it's flavor mark at an actual cig, they have the menthol (not mint,) and a tobacco flavor. It's not too harsh, but I'd compare them to the popular crush cigarettes. The Square cig is a sweet mint with menthol. Out of the two, Square has lasted the longest (808 disposable I believe.)

Because of the constant evolution in ecigs, I believe that more and more "stop-and-go" bands are going to be released as time gos on. You're talking about 5 brands in a 5 mile radius and most people still don't know ... an ecig is. I hope to start doing a "Gas Brand Review" for people, some people are still deathly afraid to shop online.

Magikhat

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
www.flavorplace.com
At the store I see 21st century brand and crave brand, sometimes blu cigs.

The tobacco always tastes like ..... Gt the menthol even if you didn't smoke menthol in regular cigs. Will be better

Feels like the store ecigs have like 36mg nicotine lol. They are strong but I guess they have to be to try to get you off analogs

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
I tried a blu disposable from walgreens waaaaaay back in June that wasn't too bad.

I agree - the Blu really isn't (wasn't) that bad. Although now that I've moved on, if I tried it again it would probably taste very muted in comparison. I always thought it tasted a bit like coffee on the exhale (for me, not a bad thing at all), whereas many tobacco-flavored disposables/pre-filled cartos/liquid seem to taste like unsweetened iced tea. Born and raised in the South, that is not a preferable flavor for me, LOL. :)

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Try to find the Njoy King, I picked up a couple this morning just to see what all they hype is about. I got the 45mg Bold ones, they feel and hit like a real cig and with the high nic level it only takes a few hits and you're good to go for quite while. You don't wanna be chain vaping like you would your regular setup. You can try to find a store near you that carries the Njoy product by going here:
Where to Buy Electronic Cigarettes - Store Locator | NJOY
If these were a little cheaper than $7.99 I'd give some serious thought to using them exclusively. They seem great for backup or going out and not worrying about losing your gear.

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
My progression since I 1st tried a disposable in June till now is:

Blu disposable - Not bad, not great, but it piqued my interest in e-cigs.

V2 Starter Kit - Got me off the analogs and tasted great. This led me to Vaping. I watched youtube videos and while I blew out vapor the people in the videos blew out Vapor. I loved everything about it except for the amount of vapor I was exhaling and the fact I was going through 5-6 cartos a day.

Ego/kgo - Awesome. I can't really say much more about my egos/kgos other than they were awesome.

Lavatube - After watching oodles of youtube videos I got APV envy and got myself a shiny chrome young june lavatube 1.5t, (I love saying 'shiny chrome young june lavatube 1.5t') which I use almost nonstop from waking up till bedtime.

I 1/2 want to say that both the blu disposable and the V2 were a waste of money for me as I very quickly moved upwards and onwards yet at the same time I think they were 2 very crucial (yet expensive) steps in my making the change from smoking to vaping. I do feel blessed in having 2 dedicated vaping stores in my area, desertvapes to my east and zikwid to my west, as well as a headshop that has a few clearos and (as yet untried by me) juices.

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
Thank you all for your replies! I'm completely out right now but at least I have a few local places to go where I may find something to hold me over. I could get a pack of analogs, but I don't like them anymore.

I wonder if we could put together a list of what convenience stores/drug stores sold what. 7-11 carries _____. Walgreens carries ________. And so on ........

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
Walgreens carries the blu disposables - as others have mentioned, they are pretty good. I started with a few of them and they lasted me about 3/4ths of a day . .so if I picked one up in the evening, I knew I'd be good until sometime after lunch the next day.

I tried a nJoy OneJoy from a conveniance store. I heard great things about and want to try the King . . .but I would seriously pass on the OneJoy vs the Blu. The OneJoy put out a frustratingly low amount of vapor and I abandoned it without even finishing it.

If I were out right now . .I would stop a few places to see if I could find a King to try out . .other than that I would head to Walgreens and pick up a couple Blu disposables . . I much prefer the menthol flavor, btw.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I stopped smoking using Mistic e-cigs from Wal-Mart. The batteries lasted as long as Smokeless Image’s 78mm batteries, and the cartos put out more vapor. The cartos are meant to be disposable, but you can pop the top off and refill many times. After a couple months though, I was ready for something that didn’t look so much like regular cigarette.

J.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread