The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GBox Initial Thoughts!

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by hell_storm2004, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hell_storm2004

hell_storm2004 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    Hello Everyone,

I got my GBOX today. I am squonking the heck out of it since afternoon. This is my first squonker. So I am still figuring out every thing.

Now the bottle is not as bad as some of the reviews said. But then again, i dont have anything to compare to. But I do have an issue with the +/- button. Every time I press on the bottle with my fingers, the palm on the other side presses the up/down buttons changing the watts. I wish they made a screen lock like stuff like the Revenger X. It's a little annoying. The battery door is pretty nice. But the batteris dropping out every time filling up the bottle is maybe somewhat of an inconvenience. But no deal breaker for sure.

But the build and hand feel for a two battery Squonker is pretty good. I got the pearl chrome one, not that great a colour. Looks cooler in the pics on websites. The black red would have been a better choice.

The Radar RDA that comes along with it, is pretty basic, the metal housing does heat up if vaping a lot and there is no airflow control.

I also got the Digiflavor drop. Now that is an amazing RDA! Pretty easy to build on, and flavor is great.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. jim_87

jim_87 Resident Forum Lurker ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    I have the same one in the same color. I'm running a dual alpha braid coil in my radar rda. Great flavor and tons of vapor. I find the squonk bottle a little tougher than the pulse squonk bottles. Overall I would give it a 9/10.

• Like Like x 2
  3. hell_storm2004

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    I am just doing a standard 316L SS at 0.25 ohms. Pretty nice. I thought the whole kit would be humongous, with the batteries and the bottle. But it fits pretty nicely in the hand. And definitely lighter than the Smoant Cylon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jim_87

jim_87 Resident Forum Lurker ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    I agree. I have big hands, and it feels great to hold.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Puneet Sharma

Puneet Sharma Full Member

Feb 10, 2018
    First of all congratulations on getting this awesome mod. I’ve been using this mod from last couple of months and it’s my all day vape.
    I’ve a few things to share with you, hope you’ll find them useful. Please ignore if otherwise
    1. You can lock the wattage by pressing up and down (+/-) buttons simultaneously.
    2. Bottle is definitely not one of the best either to use or to refill. A silicone bottle would’ve been a star performer but if we use a too refill bottle then we can avoid those batteries jumping out at the time of refill and all the mess.
    3. I love Drop rda but that doesn’t mean that I dislike my radar rda. It’s a pretty nifty atty if you use right coils with right wicking. I keep rotating my gbox between radar and drop and flavor on both is great.
    In the end I’d say keep experimenting till you find that sweet spot which gives flavor and vapor both. I’ve yet to find that
    Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. LewisW295

LewisW295 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    You squonk with your thumb? :eek:

All kidding aside, holding the up and down buttons locks it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. hell_storm2004

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    Ah i see, not reading the manual problem! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    Congrats on your acquisition :)
    I've been using the Gbox for a while myself (saved my .... last winter tbh)
    Plenty satisfied, and although i wasen't a big fan of the radar it does perform well imo with the Drop which i also use with it.
    I do prefer the drop in dripping mode, but it does very well still with squonking and the gbox has more battery life than my other non squonk mods oddly enough :blink:

• Like Like x 2
  9. hell_storm2004

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    Yeah, I switched to a single coil Nudge 22 as well on the GBOX. And moved the Drop to just dripping. I have to say the Drop is an excellent RDA.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yuh I was gonna say lock the resistance but someone beat me to it glad you are enjoying it though.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  11. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2018
    my gbox been with me for some time n still brand new in box, all due to the size ....

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.