GEEK VAPE AEGIS MINI KIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
I'm trying to decide between this and the Mag Grip. I have the aegis legend and it's pretty much my favorite mod ever, so on that, it would stand to reason to get the mini. But on the other had, do I really need a mini version of what I already have? It's always nice having a different mod.

My biggest pro and con of each is with the Aegis mini it has the built in battery, and 2200mAh isn't that great. And with the Mag Grip I can use a 21700. Has anyone tried out the mini yet? Or the Grip?

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I'm trying to decide between this and the Mag Grip. I have the Aegis Legend and it's pretty much my favorite mod ever, so on that, it would stand to reason to get the mini. But on the other had, do I really need a mini version of what I already have? It's always nice having a different mod.

My biggest pro and con of each is with the Aegis mini it has the built in battery, and 2200mAh isn't that great. And with the Mag Grip I can use a 21700. Has anyone tried out the mini yet? Or the Grip?
    GEEKVAPE AEGIS MINI KIT

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I'm trying to decide between this and the Mag Grip. I have the Aegis Legend and it's pretty much my favorite mod ever, so on that, it would stand to reason to get the mini. But on the other had, do I really need a mini version of what I already have? It's always nice having a different mod.

Isn’t the mag grip made by SMOK?

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
    Sep 9, 2017
    The Land
    Isn’t the mag grip made by SMOK?
    Yes it is. And that could be another con. I like some of their stuff, I liked the original Mag, but I'm not to sure about the tank it comes with. I heard the mesh coil is just ok, and it also comes with a non-mesh coil which is a bit weird considering how good they can be.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Yes it is. And that could be another con. I like some of their stuff, I liked the original Mag, but I'm not to sure about the tank it comes with. I heard the mesh coil is just ok, and it also comes with a non-mesh coil which is a bit weird considering how good they can be.
    SMOK mods that don’t break are good devices. They’re few and far between though. The grip is a new model. Perhaps they’re working on it. Kind of a die roll though. Personally I think the grip is a recipie for suicide by cop. Looks easy too much like a gun to whip out of your pocket on the street. That’s a USA thing though YMMV

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
    Sep 9, 2017
    The Land
    SMOK mods that don’t break are good devices. They’re few and far between though. The grip is a new model. Perhaps they’re working on it. Kind of a die roll though. Personally I think the grip is a recipie for suicide by cop. Looks easy too much like a gun to whip out of your pocket on the street. That’s a USA thing though YMMV
    I'm much more concerned about the quality than it looking like a gun. It would probably get used indoors 99.9% of the time. I use my Legend as my on the go device because of the durability anyway.

It did seem like the original Mag was one of SMOK's better quality mods. I'm not sure what to do. Been watching reviews on both and seeing some cons I'm not liking. I think the big thing for me with the Aegis mini is the battery life and low wattage. I usually vape around 75-85W since I only use direct to lung tanks. And I figure if I'm vaping high wattage that battery is gonna go pretty fast.

I think I'm gonna bring a third mod into this.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I'm much more concerned about the quality than it looking like a gun. It would probably get used indoors 99.9% of the time. I use my Legend as my on the go device because of the durability anyway.

It did seem like the original Mag was one of SMOK's better quality mods. I'm not sure what to do. Been watching reviews on both and seeing some cons I'm not liking. I think the big thing for me with the Aegis mini is the battery life and low wattage. I usually vape around 75-85W since I only use direct to lung tanks. And I figure if I'm vaping high wattage that battery is gonna go pretty fast.

Have you looked at Squid Industries Detonator or Tac21?

Reactions: stols001

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA

If you vape 75-80 watts I would go with the Legend, it's more suited to your vape style. Yes I have a Legend also and love it. The mini is great but at 80 watts battery life would suffer.

Inked20180509_145315_LI (2).jpg

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Lol. Well GL then... on the bright side if it breaks in a few weeks or months you can always buy the other one that won’t
    Lol I have the Aegis 200WLegend and the Aegis Mini Kit. I wont own another SMOK.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread