Geek Vape Single Battery Mods - Pricing and availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
I'm extremely pleased with my recently purchased aegis legend. This is a fantastic and well designed product.

I've also been impressed with several Digiflavor rta/RDAs that I've purchased.
I also got a Flint for a friend and it seems like another really nice little device.

I'd really like a single (replaceable) battery Geek Vape mod, but it seems like the options are limited.

The original Aegis 100W is no longer listed on the Geek Vape site, and the prices I'm finding online are $50+ so I'm guessing it's discontinued. I can get another Legend for that price.

The Aegis Mini looks okay, but it has an integrated battery which I don't really want, and it's also $40-$80.

Finally, there is the Lucid.. which looks great for the $20-$30 price... but I'm a little hesitant about the all plastic construction.

Does Geek Vape plan on replacing the original Aegis with a rugged, single replaceable battery mod? I would think there would be a HUGE market for this based on the reception/reviews of the original Aegis.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Ages is a good mod. It's worth the value and if you need durability that is what you get.

My very most expensive mod is a single battery mod. I bought it for it's quality and functionality and because I REALLY wanted it,. not because of its price tag.

It is specious to compare mods based on "two battery" brining more to the table, that is not always true. I rarely bring my legend as my all day carry mod because of its size and etc.

Anna

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
It is specious to compare mods based on "two battery" brining more to the table, that is not always true. I rarely bring my legend as my all day carry mod because of its size and etc.
Yeah, I agree... that's sort of why I'm looking for the form factor of the single batt original. I suspect the main reason for the high-ish prices on the original Aegis is because of it being discontinued (limited availablity) - which is too bad. Usually discontinued products get cheaper, not more expensive - unless it's a really good product.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
$50 is not a bad price for the OG Aegis. Own 2 Legends and picked up a 100 watt Aegis about a month ago. Actually prefer the Aegis over the Legend given that it is slightly smaller. Although it is more of a hassle removing the battery to charge with its screw in battery plate. Don’t think you can go wrong picking up the Aegis 100 for $50

But if you do decide on the Aegis, try and source the 2x700 battery adapter or use a 26650 cell – battery life is much improved with the higher mAh’s of the larger cells.

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Thanx, Punk.
But if you do decide on the Aegis, try and source the 2x700 battery adapter or use a 26650 cell – battery life is much improved with the higher mAh’s of the larger cells.
I did kind of want to keep things simple by using 18650s... but my charger can handle up to 26650s, so I'll consider this. Any idea on how much improved the life would be? I'm using 30Q's in the legend, and they last me a day or so (4-500 puffs).

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Does Geek Vape plan on replacing the original Aegis with a rugged, single replaceable battery mod?
I'm sure someone must've mentioned it already, but there are:
Aegis Mini
Aegis 100W
Aegis Legend 200W
And for all 3, there are Limited Editions out there.

The 100W model is a single 18650 device, and given the fact that around Xmas there was a special edition for the 100W model as well, i don't think it has been discontinued... or at least there should be plenty left in the vendors' storage rooms.

For availability: Check the 10 biggest china stores, I'm sure you'll find a good deal.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would be surprised if all iterations of the ages were discontinued although the mini is the next hot new thing.

I kind of agree on the China stores, you will probably find one to your taste, and it's not like you have to worry about buying u/p coils. Researching a larger battery-- maybe. But, that's not so bad.

Don't forget Buybest! If they have what you want (newer China store) their shipping is WAY faster than many places, and they can have some great deals. Them and FT are mostly all I use....

Could also check out vapecrawler.com they may not lead you to the very lowest price, but probably give you a sense of what you are looking at.

Anna

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Thanx, Punk.

I did kind of want to keep things simple by using 18650s... but my charger can handle up to 26650s, so I'll consider this. Any idea on how much improved the life would be? I'm using 30Q's in the legend, and they last me a day or so (4-500 puffs).

That would all depend on your wattage and vaping style. With a 4100 mAh cell at 40 watts and get about 400 to 430 puffs at an average of 3 seconds per puff. With a 3000 mAh 18650 I got around 300 puffs. The battery drain tab in Steam Engine is a good guide to estimate how long your battery will last.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The 100W model is a single 18650 device

The Aegis 100 watt (just the mod) is a single 26650 device that comes with an 18650 sleeve. The Aegis 100 watt kit, that comes bundled with the Shield subohm tank also comes with the 2x700 battery cap adapter

The 2x700 battery cap adapter can be purchased separately for only a few $

Also to add, I have seen some Aegis 100 watt devices come bundled with the iJoy 26650 cell.

Last edited:

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Could also check out vapecrawler.com they may not lead you to the very lowest price, but probably give you a sense of what you are looking at.
Wow - I somehow did not know about this. Beats the crap out of google searching for this stuff. Thanx a bunch!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It may not give you the lowest price of all, I think vapecrawler takes a small commission but it will give you some general ideas of what is around. Then, go from there. LOL if @JCinFLA is around today, she would with surgical strike and precision give you what you wanted at the lowest price out there.

IDK how she does it. She has a secret algorithm I think.

Anna

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
LOL if @JCinFLA is around today, she would with surgical strike and precision give you what you wanted at the lowest price out there.

IDK how she does it. She has a secret algorithm I think.

Ha Ha! Let me do some checking and I'll see what I can find. Might be awhile though, as I'm on the phone with another ECF member right now..talking DIY stuff.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
It may not give you the lowest price of all, I think vapecrawler takes a small commission but it will give you some general ideas of what is around. Then, go from there.

As far as VapeCrawler...most of the stuff I find for the lowest prices, is nowhere to be found on VC, because those vendors who have it aren't on VC.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@ThrashNeon @stols001 -

Geekvape Aegis TC Box Mod
- $44.79 in Silver/Brown, Stealth Black, Gunmetal Camo

They're located in Texas, and aren't really well-known on ECF IMO, but I've purchased from them before with no problems.

If you'll enter the coupon code VAPECHEAP in your shopping cart...the price will drop 11% to be $39.86! S/H is cheap, too, at only $2.95 via First Class Mail.

This is the best deal I've found to obtain 1 in the US! If you want one though...I'd jump on it because no telling how much longer that coupon code will work...or they run out of them now that I've posted it here! There was only a note that said it expires soon.

Last edited:

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
This is the best deal I've found to obtain 1 in the US! If you want one though...I'd jump on it because no telling how much longer that coupon code will work...or they run out of them now that I've posted it here! There was only a note that said it expires soon.
Done and purchased. Thanks so much, JC! :thumbs:

EDIT: And a huge thanx to @stols001 for atting JC. Thanx, Anna!

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Done and purchased. Thanks so much, JC! :thumbs:

You're welcome! :)
By the way..If you haven't checked your emails from them, to complete their Age Verification process yet, that's something you need to do. It's a simple process though.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
I'm extremely pleased with my recently purchased Aegis Legend. This is a fantastic and well designed product.

I've also been impressed with several Digiflavor RTA/RDAs that I've purchased.
I also got a Flint for a friend and it seems like another really nice little device.

I'd really like a single (replaceable) battery Geek Vape mod, but it seems like the options are limited.

The original Aegis 100W is no longer listed on the Geek Vape site, and the prices I'm finding online are $50+ so I'm guessing it's discontinued. I can get another Legend for that price.

The Aegis Mini looks okay, but it has an integrated battery which I don't really want, and it's also $40-$80.

Finally, there is the Lucid.. which looks great for the $20-$30 price... but I'm a little hesitant about the all plastic construction.

Does Geek Vape plan on replacing the original Aegis with a rugged, single replaceable battery mod? I would think there would be a HUGE market for this based on the reception/reviews of the original Aegis.

Thanks for your support on Geekvape products.
Yes, we have a plan on releasing the single replaceable battery mod for Aegis series in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread