The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GEEK VAPE ZEUS X MESH TANK REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322

Discussion in 'Tank Reviews' started by bigbob2322, May 3, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello folks I hope all of you are doing well. Today's review is on a new tank from Geek Vape that closely resembles the Zeus X RTA, actually the deck of this new tank can be interchanged with the Zeus X RTA and vice-versa because the parts of both tanks are almost identical except for shape of the top cap and Geek Vape's logo etched on the airflow ring of the Zeus X Mesh. Lets get to know the Zeus X Mesh a little more in detail first before my review of the Zeus X Mesh RTA from Geek Vape.

[​IMG]

COLOR CHOICES

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

INCLUDED WITH MY ( SAMPLE ) TANK

20200322_093908.jpg

TANK BREAKDOWN

[​IMG]

COILS PROVIDED

2 N80 MESH 0.17Ω - 2 KA1 0.2Ω

TOP TO SIDE AIRFLOW

[​IMG]

MODULAR BUILT DECK THAT IS COMPATIBLE WITH ZEUS X

[​IMG]

LEAK PROOF DESIGN

[​IMG]

SUPPORTS 810 & 510 DRIP TIPS

PARAMETERS AND FEATURES

• 25mm
    • 4.5ml juice capacity
    • Modular build deck
    • 810 and 510 drip tip compatible
    • Easy open top cap
    • Massive airflow
    • Attractive

[​IMG]

2 BIG TOP FILL SLOTS

[​IMG]

Alright now that Zeus X Mesh has been broken down and shown in detail I'll elaborate on my experience using the Zeus X Mesh Tank. First thing I noticed after opening was how close this tank resembled the Zeus X RTA. The only difference being the top caps and the Zeus face along with the Geek Vape logo etched on the airflow selector of the Mesh tank.

20200411_110741.jpg

After breaking down the tank and cleaning which I do on all new tanks it was time to check out the pieces, the tank I received was a sample with no instructions or mention of compatibility of the decks . The Mesh uses the same inner chamber as the Zeus X RTA.

20200325_125827.jpg

20200328_150621 (1).jpg

My Zeus X RTA was in need of a wick change so I dry burned the coils and tried the mesh deck on the X and vice versa and found out both were interchangeable with each other. The Mesh deck consists of a spring loaded ceramic seat that the cotton sits on top of with the strip of mesh surrounding it. Geek Vape includes a round rod that you place the Mesh strip on to form it.

20200325_125502.jpg

The Mesh strip is attached using a clamp style with Phillips head screws on each end of the deck, simply open the clamp and slide each end into the clamps and tighten the screws.

20200401_133717.jpg

Before wicking I would do a low watt dry burn of the mesh to burn off any oils that it might have on it, very low wattage 10 or 15 watts is all that's needed.

20200401_133924.jpg

If using the wick that comes in the package you will be fine but if you want to use your own shoelace cotton of 3mm I would use 2 pieces because a dry hit with Mesh is painful. When starting your cotton push down on the spring loaded ceramic seat and carefully pull the cotton through making sure every piece of Mesh is covered completely. Keep your tail length just long enough to not touch the bottom of the deck. You can thin out the tails a little just don't pack the cotton or you will be SORRY.

20200401_135627.jpg

Load the wick up with juice put the tank back together, fill and vape.

Using the Zeus X Mesh tank has been fantastic with flavor that is off the charts along with massive clouds. Another nice thing is you don't have to push a lot of wattage to get fantastic flavor from it. There is 1 negative that some will find, if you like a very warm to hot vape you will not get it using this tank, I do like a slightly warmish vape and the Zeus X Mesh performs this task fantastically, so well that IMO this is the best Mesh RTA ever made as of this date.

PROS
    * FLAVOR
    * INTERCHANGEABLE DECK WITH ZEUS X
    * SOLIDLY BUILT
    * 2 DRIP TIPS INCLUDED
    * 4 MESH PIECES INCLUDED
    * MASSIVE AIRFLOW IF NEEDED
    * NO LEAK DESIGN

CONS
    * LOUD

Geek Vape has another winner of a tank, it's easy to wick, just remember to have the cotton very tight under the strip of Mesh and don't pack the wick slots . 0 leaks after probably 5 hundred ml of juice put through it at different wattage's. I like it at 65 watts half open getting the flavor, clouds, and enough warmth for my liking. The airflow is smooth but a little on the loud side without having any whistle at any setting. I have had this tank for a long time being restricted to post a review until it was released.

I found out the deck of the Zeus X can be purchased by it self which should make any Zeus X RTA owner happy if they want to give Mesh a try. I love how well it wicks if done correctly.

20200502_104258 (1).jpg

20200418_102042.jpg

I would like to thank Clay and Geek Vape for providing this tank for review and I also hope this review was some help for anyone looking to purchase the Zeus X Mesh RTA.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Enjoyed the read, thanks Bob.

• Love Love x 1
  3. bigbob2322

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    • Love Love x 2
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I am in it for the pics as always although there is no way I am vaping that thing it looks terrifying. The mesh was neat though.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  5. bigbob2322

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    It's a .....cat if done correctly Anna.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DmitryS

DmitryS Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2016
    Cool review. Good atomizer :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Aliraonz

Aliraonz Super Member

Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    Thanks for the review. As usual a very good one :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rob B.

Rob B. Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Great review Bob! I really want one of these. After my terrible experience with the Profile Unity, I have been shying away from mesh. This makes me want to try it again. :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. bigbob2322

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hi @Rob B. I'm loving this tank so much because for me it's been flawless in it's performance.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  10. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Another great review Bob. I have to start paying more attention to the geekvape forum. I hadn't checked for new posts in a while and just saw you posted a review. I tried the profile unity also and it was good flavor but started getting leaking out the airflow holes after refilling and finally got sick of it and put it away. With the Zeus X mesh, I've had no leaking and great flavor performance. Great review and great pictures. Well done!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. bigbob2322

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Thank's buddy and I agree with you 100%, I feel as I said in my review the Zeus X Mesh RTA is the best mesh RTA made as of this date. The added bonus is you don't have to crank your watts to get a great flavorful leak free vape.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. hittman

Supporting member
    That’s a big plus for me too. I don’t usually run anything over 35 watts normally.

• Like Like x 5
  13. bigbob2322

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    My sweet spot on the X Mesh is 65 watts half closed down.

• Like Like x 4
  14. hittman

Supporting member
    I ran it quite a bit lower than that and had to mix some 6mg to use in it instead of the 12mg I run in my other rtas.

• Like Like x 3
  15. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    These are my all time favorite RTA tanks. I run mine at 25W by the way. ;)

• Like Like x 4