hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yes, I’m back again with another review. I was sent the Aegis Pod System kit for review by Geekvape. I’ve had the unit for approximately 2-3 weeks now and have been enjoying it. By now you’ve probably seen some of the other reviews posted on this device which were very good reading. As with any device, personal preferences come into play so I’ll try my best to give an honest review as pertaining to my experience with this pod system. I’ve tried many different pod systems so feel like I am fairly well experienced to give an opinion on it.

What’s in the box:

1* Aegis Pod Kit

2* G. Coil mesh-tech Pod-Formula(0.6ohm)

1* USB cable (Type-C)

1* User manual

upload_2020-4-10_20-57-36.jpg

The curved wrench in the picture above is for removing the coil from the pod. Depending on your finger strength and if you have nails, you may not need the wrench to remove the coil but it is included just in case.

Specifications:

Size: 87.7mm(Height) x 17.7mm(Width) x 40mm(Depth)

Battery: Built-in 800mAh battery

Wattage Output Range: 12-15W

Output Voltage: 4.2V

Resistance Range: 0.2ohm-3ohm

Pod Capacity: 3.5ml

Coil: 0.6ohm Kanthal mesh coil

Battery Indicator: Green (100-70%) Blue (69-31%) Red (30-0%)

Charging Port: USB Type-C port

Charger Specifications: Type-C 5V/1.5A (IP67 Rated)

Maximum Puff Time: 10s

Colors: Beetle Black / Gunmetal / Silver Chafer / Tamamushi

Features:

• First IP-67 rated Type-C charging Pod Vape in the industry

• Small size and lightweight, easy to carry

• IP67 Waterproof, Enhanced Shockproof Tech

• Integrated 800mAh Rechargeable Battery

• Button Activated Firing Mechanism

• Type-C Charging, Convenient and Efficient

• The ergonomic mouthpiece fits lips nice

• Designed to perfect leakproof mechanism

• Mesh coil for massive vape and excellent flavor

Ok, where to start? I feel like Geekvape has hit the ball out of the park on this one even though some might not agree. I’ve used several different pod systems and simply love the simplicity of the Aegis Pod. With many other pod devices it’s five clicks for this and three clicks for that then if the light color is this then you get this much output blah, blah, blah. With the Aegis Pod, just pop in the coil, fill the pod and five clicks of the fire button and you’re vaping. No need to worry about what color the light is to determine what output you’re getting. It’s a fixed output of a maximum of 18 watts. That might be a con for some but this device just simply works and that’s what I like about it. There are three different color lights to indicate battery level but you don’t need to do anything besides fire the unit to see it. No fiddling in order to get good performance. You can click the fire button three times to lock the device but I have not found it necessary. I haven’t had an accidental firing.

I find the Aegis Pod very comfortable to hold. It gives what I would describe as a restricted direct lung inhale. In my opinion it’s not for mouth to lung use. I just so happen to prefer restricted direct lung on most of my devices. The pod on this unit is not as dark as many other pods and for once I was able to fill and see the liquid level without a flashlight behind the pod.

The G Coil comes in at .6 ohm and performs very well. It produces very good flavor for a pod device and gives a generous amount of vapor. I’ve been using the same coil intermittently for 2-3 weeks and have not felt a need to change the coil yet. One of the best things in my opinion is that there has been zero leaking or seepage. So many pod devices I’ve tried seep liquid out the bottom. Especially on those devices with bottom fill ports, is where I’ve seen the worst leaking. I honestly was a little skeptical when I saw that this was a bottom fill and expected there to be leaking sooner or later. Normally that would show up in less than two weeks but has not been the case with this one.

upload_2020-4-10_20-57-37.jpg

Over all, the Aegis Pod has been a great device. It might sound silly but one thing I noticed when I first got it was that it doesn’t stand up on a flat surface. It’s not really a con but just something that I noticed.

I don’t really understand the move to the USB Type C charging port when just about every other mod or pod that I have doesn’t use this type of charging cord. Do the new Android phones use this type of connector? I’ve been a long time Iphone user so I have no idea. Anyway, for me it’s a little bit of a pain. I was at work the other day when I needed to charge it and didn’t remember to bring the charging cable with me and don’t have any other electronics that use that charger. I always have multiple mods with me so was not left out to dry but was a little aggravated that I couldn’t charge it. I kind of wish that they would include an adapter for charging. I know they give you the one cord but unless you carry it back and forth or buy another one then you’re out of luck. Ok, I’m done complaining about this.

First, let me say sorry for the picture with my ugly hands. I work with my hands and they are not very attractive. You can see in the picture above that the coil is a push in type. I’ve had no problems with the coil staying in and like I mentioned earlier, there has been zero leaking. To the right of the coil is the fill port. I’ve had the best luck filling the pod with a needle tip bottle even though the port is big enough to fit larger bottle tips. I tried filling with a plastic 10ml bottle and had the liquid back up on me a little. It is very nice though how the liquid level is much more visible in this pod. The pod itself takes a little effort to push out which is a good thing so you don’t have to worry about pulling the pod away from the battery when pulling it out of a pocket. It is a very tight fit and gives a little bit of a click noise when you install it. Also the light flashes once to let you know that it is making connection.

So, in closing, I’d like to say that I think the Aegis Pod is really a great device. I would put it in the top two of my favorite pod mods. Is there room for improvement? Always. Depending on who’s reviewing it, that improvement could be very different from person to person. I very much like the simplicity of the Aegis Pod and like not having to fiddle with pushing buttons and watching light colors to change output levels. It produces a very good vaping experience for a pod device and maybe even better than some mods with tanks. I personally don’t like that it has a USB type C charging port but I may be the exception. Other than that I have been very happy with it and would recommend it to others. I believe that list price on the kit is $29.90 on the Geekvape website and a package of five coils is going for $11.90 which isn’t a bad price considering how long I believe these coils will last. If you’d like to learn more then take a look at the Geekvape web page and can guarantee that you won’t see any ugly hand pictures.

https://www.geekvape.com/kits/pod-system/498.html

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks to both of you. I felt like both of you had done such good and detailed reviews already that I felt a little funny posting mine. I don’t know if I accomplished it but just tried to put more of a personal experience into it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks Bob. I really do appreciate it. Like everyone else, I’m a little stressed right now and still working during the week. I didn’t really feel like this was one of my best but hopefully covered enough for it to be at least somewhat informative.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread