Geekvape Ammit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captfirefox1

Apr 5, 2019
Have changed mod to 'itaste Kroma A' and ordered a second Kroma plus a second 'Geekvape Ammit RTA MTL'
The battery on the Kroma does not last very long but I always have one mod in use and one on charge so no real problem for me.
The Kroma just feels right (plus it permanently displays ohms in use)
The Ammit never leaks or overspills and is a steady vape day to day.
Taste. I have found my menthol vape is best with it.
This my first working okay RTA MTL setup.

Captfirefox1

Apr 5, 2019
Have found out what the Temp Control is for on my 'Itaste Kroma A' mod. Like most men I 'read instructions as a last resort' being all knowing of course!
I increased the tempreture to see what possible advantage this may have on my vape experience and promptly burnt the wick inhaling hot vapour in the process.
This with the Geekvape Ammit attached. I had to replace the burnt cotton.
Only after this unpleasant experience did I read up and found that the Temp Control is designed to stop this occurance from ever happening.
Set your Temp Control correctly and the tempreture remains constant, like cruise control on a car.
Well we live and learn (if we are lucky)

Captfirefox1

Apr 5, 2019
Well I could not with any authority. I vape at 11w that is all am realy sure of.
The Temp was reading 400F which is what it was set at when it arrived in the box.
But my coil is burnt black though it has been vaping cool at that.
I do not even know what type of coils am using other than they are Clapton.
I am very far from control of the Kroma A and all its coil setting ie Ni, SS, Ti.
I have done some reading up of coil types but have not yet learned which one to choose for the Ammit mtl.

Reactions: Mordacai

Captfirefox1

Apr 5, 2019
Thanks Mordacai have ordered a small spool of 27 AWG SS316L
I have fitted a new coil to the Ammit and made a hot spot that set fire to the cotton in the process (my first hot spot) Have lowered the TC to 150c and am vaping on 10w
All this is much more progress than I managed with RTAs when they were new, long time ago.
I thinks I have a combination that is much more than a bin job and am learning the ways of the 'itaste Kroma A'

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Temperature at max 250°C should be fine, and with SS316L the TCR set at 88. Most mods allow you to set a kind of preheat wattage for your coil or coils, you have to work this out according to your ohms. If you use Android, you can download Watt Calculator for free and it at least gives you a range to work within.

And only certain metals can be used in TC vaping, SS, Titanium, Nickel and NiFe. It's due to their resistance changing with temperature, with some metals it's almost imperceptible to most mods it's that low.

And in the future, if you really want to take TC vaping to the next level. You could consider Evolv DNA chipset mods, TC is very nice on them but your limited with battery options and also they do go up quite a bit in price.

Asmodus ONI 167w DNA 250 chipset mod, can use 2 × 18650 batteries or a 3S lipo battery.
Oni 167W DNA Chip TC Box Mod

Jacvapour Series-B DNA 75W, single 18650 battery mod.
SERIES-B DNA 75W Vape Mod | E Cigarette | JAC Vapour

Captfirefox1

Apr 5, 2019
Thanks again Mordacai, I have quite a few 18650 batterys from Vamo mod days. Was and is, always a problem finding a decent charger for them though.
The SS wire that I ordered arrived and I made a coil on the second attempt.
Immeadiate improvement to the Geekvape Ammit, Smoother, more lively, lighter vape.
Have only been vaping at 12 w so far not tried SS temp settings yet. Am well pleased though.

Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I've got to work on mine some more, as I'm wondering what a 2mm ID coil will be like with them. As 70% VG / 30% VG liquid and a 3mm ID coil don't seem to work that well for me.

But this is something that you have to find out by trial and error, mostly error though.

And have you noticed any improvement in taste with Stainless Steel?

basilia

Moved On
May 24, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread