The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GeekVape GBox...

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by hell_storm2004, Oct 4, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hell_storm2004

hell_storm2004 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    • Like Like x 1
  2. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    Tpd is most common in the EU where they limit tank and i guess squonk bottle size to 2ml i believe ?
    Not necessary in the Us though so don't get the Tpd version.

And no there's no other difference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. hell_storm2004

hell_storm2004 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2013
    Richardson, Texas, USA
    Tanks are two ml I know. Bottles at 5. At least that is what I remember reading. Anyways, that is what I wanted to confirm. I thought it had some fancy technical goodies in it. From TPD point of view, it should cost cheaper than the standard edition! Everything is smaller.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

While the capacity may be smaller, it still takes the same tooling and manufacturing costs.

They may save a couple cents on materials, but that won't reflect in the price. If anything, might be more expensive if they have to find new suppliers or get new tooling just for TPD.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yep TPD generally means smaller tank capacity, the mod remains the same. There are rare times when this can be useful, say if a TBD tank is of smaller diameter rather than less tallness and you have smaller mods, but usually that's the main difference. Etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  6. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Yes. You are probably correct. Then again I think most shops send you a free 8ml empty squonk bottle as a gift. But I don't know really. Grey areas.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    I bought a couple of TPD compliant Zeniths for my tiny little Rover X as the US version was nearly the same size as the battery box. Will report if the height is the only difference as in a photo it's glass was noteably smaller.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.