Richardson, Texas, USA
Reactions: stols001

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Tanks are two ml I know. Bottles at 5. At least that is what I remember reading. Anyways, that is what I wanted to confirm. I thought it had some fancy technical goodies in it. From TPD point of view, it should cost cheaper than the standard edition! Everything is smaller.

While the capacity may be smaller, it still takes the same tooling and manufacturing costs.

They may save a couple cents on materials, but that won't reflect in the price. If anything, might be more expensive if they have to find new suppliers or get new tooling just for TPD.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Tpd is most common in the EU where they limit tank and i guess squonk bottle size to 2ml i believe ?

Yes. You are probably correct. Then again I think most shops send you a free 8ml empty squonk bottle as a gift. But I don't know really. Grey areas.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Yep TPD generally means smaller tank capacity, the mod remains the same. There are rare times when this can be useful, say if a TBD tank is of smaller diameter rather than less tallness and you have smaller mods, but usually that's the main difference. Etc.

Anna

I bought a couple of TPD compliant Zeniths for my tiny little Rover X as the US version was nearly the same size as the battery box. Will report if the height is the only difference as in a photo it's glass was noteably smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread