hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hi folks! I’m back today with the Geekvape Obelisk C tank that was sent to me by Geekvape for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. The Obelisk C is a revision of a tank that you might remember called the Cerberus. I liked the Cerberus and have a few of them but haven’t used one in a while. I even went as far as to find an rba for the original Cerberus. The Obelisk C is a bit different and does not use the same coils as the original unit. I’ll talk more about that a little later but for now let’s take a look at the Geekvape Obelisk C sub ohm tank.

Geek-Vape-Obelisk-C-Tank-Tri-Boosting-Flavor.jpg

Geek-Vape-Obelisk-C-Tank-Colors.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* GeekVape Obelisk C Tank
    1* GeekVape S 0.25ohm Dual Coil (pre-installed)
    1* GeekVape S 0.15ohm Coil (spare)
    1* Spare Glass Tube 4ml
    1* Spare Parts Pack

upload_2021-7-31_14-39-40.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Capacity

5.5ml(bubble glass) or 4ml (regular glass)

Filling Type

Top filling

Coil

Single mesh 0.15ohm coil(80-90W), dual mesh 0.25ohm coil(45-55W)

Color

SS, Gunmetal, Black, Gold, Blue, Rainbow

FEATURES:

· 1. Tri-boosting flavor

· 2. 25mm base diameter tank

· 3. Tri-slotted bottom AFC ring

· 4. Adjustable airflow, top filling system

· 5. 5.5ml/4ml e-juice capacity

· 6. Adopts new GeekVape S series coil

Geek-Vape-Obelisk-C-Tank-Bottom-Airflow-Ring.jpg

Geek-Vape-Obelisk-C-Tank-Features.jpg

Geek-Vape-Obelisk-C-Tank-Mesh-Coil.jpg

Geek-Vape-Obelisk-C-Tank-Top-Filling.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging of the Obelisk C tank was the familiar review sample with the outer sleeve that slides off with the two part box underneath that once separated exposed the Obelisk C tank and the spare glass sitting in a foam insert. Underneath the foam was a box which contained a second S series coil, and an accessory pack with a spare 810 drip tip, some o rings, and a 510 drip tip adapter.

The Obelisk C comes with two coils. There is a single mesh .15 ohm coil rated for 80-90 watts. The other coil included is a .25 ohm dual mesh coil rated at 45-55 watts. Both coils thread into the base of the tank and thread onto the airflow tube connected to the top portion of the tank rather than being a push in coil like we’re used to seeing. If you’ve read other reviews I’ve done then you won’t be surprised that I liked the .25 coil better. It is much closer to my normal vaping range. I liked it at 41.5 watts when running it on my shiny blue Legend 2. The flavor production was fantastic in my opinion. It took me a while to work up the courage to run the .15 coil. With as many devices as I’ve tested, I’ve never vaped at 80-90 watts. I got up to about 62 watts and that was it for me. It did produce a really thick and flavorful vapor but is just too warm and strong for me even using a 3mg liquid. I just don’t see myself vaping at this range in the future but know that some people do.

upload_2021-7-31_14-44-48.png

upload_2021-7-31_14-45-5.png

upload_2021-7-31_14-45-23.png

upload_2021-7-31_14-45-41.png

The tank comes with two low profile 810 drip tips that normally I would immediately change out for a longer one but decided to give this one a chance and it has worked out fairly well. The top cap has the Geekvape name on it and is a ¼ turn to open or close like many of the Geekvape tanks I’ve tried. On the bottom side of the top cap is a different kind of seal than what I remember being used on past tanks. It’s a fairly skinny seal that is near the edge of the cap to make a leak proof seal. Inside the top are two very large fill ports that can used to easily fill the tank with just about any bottle without having any kind of mess. The 5.5ml bubble glass comes pre-installed on the tank but there is also a 4ml straight glass included in the package. The base of the tank is 25mm and the total length of the Obelisk C tank is 43mm. The bottom of the tank has the Obelisk C name etched in it and the center pin on the 510 appears to be gold plated. On the side of the base are three 10mm airflow openings that allow a generous amount of airflow to the tank. With coils rated at 80-90 watts you’re going to need quite a bit of airflow.

upload_2021-7-31_14-46-36.png

upload_2021-7-31_14-46-54.png

upload_2021-7-31_14-47-12.png

upload_2021-7-31_14-47-30.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

The Geekvape Obelisk is a great flavor producing tank using the new S series of coils. There may be some similarity to the original Cerberus tank but honestly it’s been so long since I’ve used one that I don’t really remember except that both were bottom airflow tanks. I was a little surprised that Geekvape made a new bottom airflow tank after releasing so many top airflow tanks.

I feel like Geekvape did a good job of covering the bases by including what I would call a mid-range coil at 45-55 watts that can be run a little lower if necessary and also a high wattage coil for those that like that 80-90 watt range. That’s just not for me. Nothing wrong with it but it’s just too much vapor and too warm for me.

It’s nice that it comes with the bubble glass already installed. I’m not really sure why there is a straight glass included. I’d much rather have a spare bubble glass. With the coils that this tank uses I feel like the extra 1.5ml capacity is needed unless you like refilling your tank fairly often. I guess that depends on how much you vape or how often.

I’d like to thank Geekvape and Allison for sending the Obelisk C tank with Tri-Boosting flavor for this review. A big thanks to you the readers also. Below is a link to the Geekvape website if you’d like to take a look around.

Obelisk C Tank | Obelisk | Geekvape – Pursue a Healthy Vaping Experience. Official Partner of Paris Saint-German

upload_2021-7-31_14-53-37.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread