Geekvape Zeus RTA (Single)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Well, lets discuss here al related to zeus Single, i have some pics to start, did a re-wick this weekend, wanted to share:
upload_2019-6-10_13-21-2.png

upload_2019-6-10_13-21-17.png

upload_2019-6-10_13-21-30.png

This single coil unit still rocks my days, how is yours?
also, would you like to tell more about it, for example, i wish GV released a real SS one, not painted, polished SS like Zeus X, also another thing i like is zeus X drip tips, they are amazing when used on this babe!

Regards,

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks for starting a new thread. I simply love the Zeus single coil. I keep three in daily rotation and have three or four back ups. I'm not as crazy about the Zeus X but that's probably because I don't usually like to run really high watts. For some reason I'm most comfortable around the 22-28 watt range. I found that I like the coilology 316 braided coils in the original zeus. The way they are wound, they already align with the wick holes so you don't have to twist your coils.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2019
    South Africa, Cape Town
    Thanks for starting a new thread. I simply love the Zeus single coil. I keep three in daily rotation and have three or four back ups. I'm not as crazy about the Zeus X but that's probably because I don't usually like to run really high watts. For some reason I'm most comfortable around the 22-28 watt range. I found that I like the coilology 316 braided coils in the original zeus. The way they are wound, they already align with the wick holes so you don't have to twist your coils.
    You should try the x they don't need insane watts, i run 30x5/40g fused clapton in mine and fruit flavors i do 45w and desserts at 50w .. delivers excellent flavor and fast rump up time, but yea don't think they will be happy on any thing below 40w ..
    Just don't get a black or gun metal one to be on the safe side :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I bought two of the X without trying them but have only opened one so far. I did build with two single wire coils and was able to run around 32-33 watts. It was a decent vape for me. I tried running two alien v2 coils but had to run it too high. I also tried a single coil 24ga ss and wasn't impressed. I haven't given up on the X. I just need to find the right set up for me.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2019
    South Africa, Cape Town
    I bought two of the X without trying them but have only opened one so far. I did build with two single wire coils and was able to run around 32-33 watts. It was a decent vape for me. I tried running two alien v2 coils but had to run it too high. I also tried a single coil 24ga ss and wasn't impressed. I haven't given up on the X. I just need to find the right set up for me.
    Yea go with the lighter coils like 30x5/40g 3mm id, i also tried the 26ga and rump up took to long and didn't cool of fast enough :(
    They really do need something like fused clapton or something along those lines with 4 cores or more for best performance and flavor. Just don't give up think your prob is your coils maybe, give lighter coils a go and see what happens ..
    They are a bit tricky to master, too much cotton and it's muted, too little and it floods, but i run mine with bare minimum of cotton to the point where it is very close to flooding that gives me best flavor, well for me

Last edited:
    Reactions: hittman

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Well, lets discuss here al related to zeus Single, i have some pics to start, did a re-wick this weekend, wanted to share:
    View attachment 820419
    View attachment 820421
    View attachment 820423

This single coil unit still rocks my days, how is yours?
    also, would you like to tell more about it, for example, i wish GV released a real SS one, not painted, polished SS like Zeus X, also another thing i like is zeus X drip tips, they are amazing when used on this babe!

Regards,
    My favorite of all of the rta's I have. Just wish they had more colors available. A gold one or maybe red. Lets face it-- everything goes with black, silver or grey and the blue does not match much that is out there. I like a wide bore on my vapes also. Easy to build, super easy to wick and vapes like a dream with great flavor without leaking. Can't get much better than that.

:)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yea go with the lighter coils like 30x5/40g, i also tried the 26ga and rump up took to long and didn't cool of fast enough :(
    They really do need something like fused clapton or something along those lines with 4 cores or more for best performance and flavor. Just don't give up think your prob is your coils maybe, give lighter coils a go and see what happens ..

I just got some new ni80 geekvape coils. I forget the wire size/count but maybe I'll give those a try.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    if i told ya that i haven't used the provided coils you trust me?
    all my tanks incluide the factory coils or the bundled ones,

Yea go with the lighter coils like 30x5/40g 3mm id, i also tried the 26ga and rump up took to long and didn't cool of fast enough :(
    They are a bit tricky to master, too much cotton and it's muted, too little and it floods, but i run mine with bare minimum of cotton to the point where it is very close to flooding that gives me best flavor, well for me
    well, a interesting single to try in this zeus is Alien ni80's! amazing flavor,

My favorite of all of the rta's I have. Just wish they had more colors available. A gold one or maybe red. Lets face it-- everything goes with black, silver or grey and the blue does not match much that is out there. I like a wide bore on my vapes also. Easy to build, super easy to wick and vapes like a dream with great flavor without leaking. Can't get much better than that.

:)
    i do really hope our friends at @Geekvape_Official make maybe a new remake of single zeus, already sent a interesting idea, but i do agree there, new colors and more driptips could be flawless there!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    If they do make another single coil zeus then I hope they don't change it to the point where it doesn't work as well as the original. You know, I wouldn't mind if they just did a reissue of the same one. I do plan on buying more for my stockpile.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    If they do make another single coil zeus then I hope they don't change it to the point where it doesn't work as well as the original. You know, I wouldn't mind if they just did a reissue of the same one. I do plan on buying more for my stockpile.
    at least a colors refresh would be a nice idea right, maybe bundled with a limited edition aegis solo or mini, meant for TC, the brand have several potential items to be launched, they just need me as director, lol

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    It would be nice if they would package the zeus with the solo and mini. I know most manufacturers package mostly tanks with stock coils in their kits but it would be nice to see a solid rta like the zeus packaged with a solid mod like the solo or mini.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    It would be nice if they would package the zeus with the solo and mini. I know most manufacturers package mostly tanks with stock coils in their kits but it would be nice to see a solid rta like the zeus packaged with a solid mod like the solo or mini.
    you see, i should lead that place, a RBA starter kit: Aegis Solo Limited + Zeus RTA REcolored (just a few metalic colors to match the new color scheme for Zeus and aegis Frame), would be a interesting bundle and maybe a new revolution for another brands that might be in the market too adding their own bundle competitors!
    @Geekvape_Official you see, so many more ideas! your 1st RBA kit,

Regards,

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    I did the review and then bought another one. I’m thinking about a third for the stockpile.
    well the incoming one will be used to test and endure temp-control on a zeus single, also waiting to receive this package cuz spare parts for that zeus single are coming too! hope this one couldRock temp control as well my colossal is doing this moment with salt!

Regards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread