Easy deck
Good looks
Good flavor
Reasonable price

Enter, maybe, this...

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Gemz-Prime-Mover-RTA.html

Maybe?

Yup...

The top fill on this is quite unique. Tge airflow looks plenty large.

The capacity is, perhaps, a tetch low. The deck is interesting, but looks easy enough. I think it looks good if only because I keep looking at it wondering how it works.

And, finally, it's priced right.

In the cart with you.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
How 'bout some pics?
6fd003a7ee66b51affcaab309393a173.jpg
ba3f2f010f8fad696094f246f8d958ba.jpg
3cb1f191130e156863d35dc86cd31b65.jpg
2dbbfacfbe9b37950c8f79876ca6869c.jpg

Reactions: Gallant

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The problem I see with the build deck is the way the screws go in at an angle it's going to twist the coil. I'd like to hear some feedback after someone has one.
Mine should be here soon, I hope. I think there would be some twisting, but less than on a velocity deck...

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
It's here!

On the looks side, I kinda like it. In the box, there's a spare glass, an allen wrench, spare o-rings, spare grub screws, short mode drip tip. and a set of coils (about 8 wraps of 24AWG Kanthal A1 3mm ID 0.2 Ω)

WIN_20171208_13_51_47_Pro.jpg

I was initially worried that the tank might be a leak fest in tall mode, but I've been running it on tall mode for about 3 days and not leaked a single solitary drop. At first I was careful to close off the air, but the last several fills, I've just dumped the juice in with no adjustment to the air flow at all, and still no leaks. In fact, I've been enjoying the spring loaded top fill so much, I haven't even bothered to run it in short mode. Not having to remove anything and set it aside... I just can't stress enough how much I hate unscrewing something and setting it down to fill a tank. I know the OBS and older Melo/Lemo tanks offer a side fill (and I like those quite a lot, actually), and that Smok and Vaporesso offer that swing away top fill, and that a couple offer the sliding top fill, but this is easier... There's no fumbling for the catch in the dark, spinning the tank around, twisting the wrong way... It's just push down and twist, fill, twist and spring up. It is important to note that the height of the tank does not alter the capacity of the tank... Tall or short, it's just 3ml +/-. I suppose running in short mode might increase the flavor, or warmth, but I'm finding the tank to be quite flavorful regardless.

The build deck is kinda interesting, but not nearly so interesting as the top fill... The angled posts don't twist wires near as much as old school velocity decks (with the screws in the side) do, but they do twist a bot more, obviously, than clamp or top screw posts. It's as easy to build as any 2 post, 2 hole build deck, and a bit easier to tighten because of the angled posts... I don't have to fight with the mandrel as I am tightening like I do with side mounted grubs. The air is kinda like the Ammit Dual or Kylin in that there are slots in the bottom with tabs up the side to really direct the air at the coil. This means that it's a little limited in terms of build space... I wouldn't go larger than 3.5mm with round wire or 3mm with claptons. I wouldn't even try something like a mohawk or juggernaut. But, again, the flavor has been quite good. The air slots are also a bit on the small side, and if you really want that air directed at the coil, 8 wraps spaced or 10 contact is about all you wanna do.

The AFC is smooth enough to operate, but stiff enough to stay in place, and stops either direction. It's open enough for a restricted lung hit, but not wide open... comparable to a Big Baby Beast... maybe a little less. The air is also a tetch loud, but no whistle and no real turbulence.

Thus far, I've run it with the stock coils at about 50-55 watts for about 10 tanks, and I just switched (OK, two tanks ago) to a 24AWG SS316L 7 wrap 0.16Ω build in TC (the resistance is quite stable).

More as I use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread