General decadence :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feuille

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Adore Decadent Vapours, and can't imagine using any other company.

A few questions as I shall soon be making the move to mixing my own. I've already been tinkering with simple blends and adding extra flavour essence.

One of my favourites is Turkish with Peppermint and a little Lotus Flower. I've ramped up the flavour so it's about 12.5 Turkish : 14 Peppermint :2.5 Turkish essence : 1 Lotus essence. However it isn't quite right yet. The 10ml sample of Turkish had a wonderful nutty, toasted flavour that seems to be very faint in subsequent orders - whether used alone or in a blend. Does anybody have any suggestions for how I could get a blend that is a bit nuttier and aromatic, but without adding caramelly or sweetness, or how to reduce the sweetness without losing much peppermint or lotus? I quite like the effect of using it on top of rose or violet when I haven't cleaned my atomiser. Could this be a way to go for the aromatic aspect? Would another tobacco flavour provide more nuttiness and smokiness?

Many thanks.

Xxx

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Try a little of the Oriental tobacco. It's not really "nutty", but a more "aromatic" tobacco taste than most I've tried (kinda reminded me of bidis). I found that one to mix quite well with the floral flavors, it was great with a touch of the Orange Blossom or Lotus Flower :)

For a nuttier tobacco, IIRC the Statex is along those lines, but I can't say for sure since I haven't had that one. I'm just going by other peoples' descriptions on that one

Feuille

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Ah ha. This sample of Oriental is just like the sample of Turkish I had and loved so much. Subsequent bottles of Turkish were different, so am assuming the first sample was really a mislabelled Oriental. Very happy.

Also greatly enjoying the Aromatic tobacco and Havana reserve. They are all gorgeous with a hint of blackcurrant under them. On it's own it tastes of summer evenings. With tobaccos it is autumnal. Delicious with rose also.

Sour cherry is very good - juicy tart fruit with lovely sweetish almondy cyanic notes from cherry kernels too, so it's very scrummy.

Thanks again Decadent Vapours. Will do proper reviews on their site sometime this week.

Xxxx

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Good to hear :) The DV Blackcurrant is the best black currant vape out of the few I've tried. I still have a little bit of that concentrate kicking around, maybe I'll mix up a batch tonight. The Sour Cherry is one of my faves, but for a while there they weren't able to get something they needed to make it so it disappeared (back when TW still sold them). Glad to see it re-appeared. At one time the only tobacco flavor I'd vape was the Rich Pipe with a little of the Sour Cherry mixed in ;-)

I'm almost out of DV concentrates, I've been rationing what I had left for a few months. Guess I need to get off my .... and put together a shopping list . . .

Feuille

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Mmm, the blackcurrant is gorgeous, but saving it and some other favourites until I've finished a few that I'm not so keen on. French Pipe appears to have vanished, but the almondy note in the sour cherry might mix well with another tobacco for a similar effect. I gather it was marzipany.

Think I'll try out the morello cherry next time, and maybe some other too. My sense of taste is changing so no point settling yet. :D

Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread