Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Went to my local vape shop today to see if they have any coils for my fireluke 2. They did. And told me they didnt see any problem for keeping them either. Said because they were a business they can still get stuff. So I bought a voopoo drag x. With red leather. To call this thing a pod is a stretch. It vapes amazingly well for what it is. It has the gene chip and is as responsive as the original drag, no complaints there.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
Went to a vape shop by my job a few days ago. The employees were always eager to help the few times i'd gone there. i'm stocked up but thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to get reacquainted & make nice, just in case. All the vape stuff they used to have is gone. They had CBD & head shop kind of stuff before; now it's the whole store. The shelves that used to have e-liquid & the display cases that had pod kits & mods are all filled with cannibals products now.
Guess that's were the money is and the regulators aren't these days.
"Get em while you can" indeed.
Glad i already have em.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I didnt think I'd even like the pod/mod that voopoo came up with, just bought it because it may come in handy. The gene.tt chip in this thing is super responsive, even more so than my drag 2. If this thing passes PMTA, there is hope for vaping still. Puff counter says I've hit it 1010 times, no, make that 1012 lol. The .3ohm coil is ok at 50w. Flavor was a bit weak at first but I gotta say, I'm impressed with the drag x. And the airflow control knob is kinda snazzy too. I'll jump on over to the voopoo pod bunch and see what all this thing can do.

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
I'm now queasy to go see the state of my local shops I'll bet its the same here, cdb has taken over, flower and delta 8 are huge too, and then bongs and stuff, strange times but I'm glad we've stopped locking people up, but now all that energy is coming to keep people smoking it seems.

Get you a smrt rebuildable coil for that pnp setup... God help me I love it as much as any I've ever had, it's not really rebuilable since the mesh isnt standard but a pack is so cheap and can be wicked more than a few times, part of my long term stock idea for small pod carrying setups

Reactions: YoursTruli

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Get you a smrt rebuildable coil for that pnp setup...it's not really rebuilable since the mesh isnt standard

It should be able to be rebuilt fairly easily with a vertical wire coil, single or dual parallel. The vape would probably be different, though.

• Agree
    Reactions: Coyote628

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2021
    Dang, good call, I have some of those coil master pnp rebuild kits, it's a single plain .8 vertical coil! Wouldn't be the same as a mesh but in the long term I guess these would have a bit more staying power, if only it made sense how they 'solder' the wires on the mesh strips then I'd order a few more coils... Anyone? Thanks for that post, sir!! @UncleJunkle

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Dang, good call, I have some of those coil master pnp rebuild kits, it's a single plain .8 vertical coil! Wouldn't be the same as a mesh but in the long term I guess these would have a bit more staying power, if only it made sense how they 'solder' the wires on the mesh strips then I'd order a few more coils... Anyone? Thanks for that post, sir!! @UncleJunkle

You would do well to look up youtube videos about rebuilding Aspire Atlantis coils because it'll be an almost-identical procedure. You have to remember that since you are using a vertical wire coil, that the one leg coming from the top of the coil will have to be bent down and that leg will have to be isolated (with cotton) from the coil so as to not short it out.

Reactions: markfm

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I can get a 510 adapter for the drag x. And I have plenty of RTA's and wire. But I sorta like this pnp thing. I'll use it as long as I can get the coils for it. Bought a 5 pack this afternoon just because. And as long as I can get them, im also stocking up on mesh coils for my fireluke 2.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    I didnt think I'd even like the pod/mod that voopoo came up with, just bought it because it may come in handy. The gene.tt chip in this thing is super responsive, even more so than my drag 2. If this thing passes PMTA, there is hope for vaping still. Puff counter says I've hit it 1010 times, no, make that 1012 lol. The .3ohm coil is ok at 50w. Flavor was a bit weak at first but I gotta say, I'm impressed with the drag x. And the airflow control knob is kinda snazzy too. I'll jump on over to the voopoo pod bunch and see what all this thing can do.
    Get you a smrt rebuildable coil for that pnp setup... God help me I love it as much as any I've ever had, it's not really rebuilable since the mesh isnt standard but a pack is so cheap and can be wicked more than a few times
    i won a Drag X+ in a vendor giveaway (actually, i won a Drag 3 but they sent a Drag X+ instead). Not wanting to buy a lifetime's worth of coils, i got the PnP RTA Pod/Tank. Haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty simple. Something to consider in addition to the SMRT coil.

cdb has taken over, flower and delta 8 are huge too, and then bongs and stuff, strange times but I'm glad we've stopped locking people up, but now all that energy is coming to keep people smoking it seems.
    Sick thing is that, even though states have decriminalized it, marijuana is still illegal under federal law -- they're just not enforcing. Meanwhile, it's federal law/regulation that's decimating vape (not that states aren't participating) yet we don't know how enforcement is going to play out.

Just wait until Big Pharma starts making THC Replacement Therapy products.

• Agree

crazyvape

ECF Veteran
    May 6, 2019
    Texas
    I have 2 of the Drag X mods and 2 of the Argus GT mods. These devices are fantastic, initially I used the VM6 (.15) coil and have recently switched to the .20 coil, the .15’s tend to leak. I have seen the rebuild kit for the PNP’s but I have not had any luck finding it here in the US. The RTA looks simple, the only downside is the e-liquid capacity.

Reactions: MLEJ

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2021
    Yeah that spot welding helped and then really did NOT help lol, ah they're so cheap and I'm still on my first mesh anyhow, thnx for the post!

Yeah 2ml on that pnp rta is ....e, be fine for a mtl setup I guess but I didn't spend for it. And if I can say I don't think federal adjustment is coming anytime soon, it sure should, but it's been THAT way since the 60s. This administration is wormy, maybe next time, but congress does seem to be behind it, maybe I'll be wrong, it's a long time coming, I can hope anyhow too bad I gave it up decades ago, the dad grass is kinda cool though but still

Reactions: MLEJ
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread