GG T pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
I have mirror shined a grant and yes, it did remove the engraving......pics will be coming at some point

AH THAT SUCKS!!!!

I know it would be to much to ask for to have them lapped before they are engraved. I thought the markings were a little deeper than that, but I guess I was wrong about that one.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Excellent shot!!

Try moving your lightsource from the left of the subject to directly over it. This should result in more even lighting, and no "burn" like you see on the left.

NOT a critique (I love your shot), just some helpful advice.

'nother one:D

GGT05.jpg

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
AH THAT SUCKS!!!!

I know it would be to much to ask for to have them lapped before they are engraved. I thought the markings were a little deeper than that, but I guess I was wrong about that one.

We will have to have an Okie GG count I think pretty soon. I know of 3 already. Is there going to be a new delivery soon?

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Lisa, those reflection photos are the best photos I've seen of the GG bar none. That type of photo should be used in marketing on Ikenvape.

Also what was your shiny shiny :) technique? My attempts with Brasso, although an improvement weren't up to much.

ooooooooooh, so glad you likey:D:D
I might do some more of my other GGs with the reflection......
I might allow use of my photos if I were asked officially.........

OK, the shiny shiny......

I sand the end caps to remove the marks, then I use a dremel with polishing compound on the body and caps and then I use a nail buffer afterwards.
It is important not to go too hard if you don't want to lose the engraving. I got a complete mirror finish on a grant but I did lose the engraving on it.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Just been speaking to someone about possible theft of people's photos for use on commercial sites. Just remember, the original photographer owns the copyright to the images and it's not cool to steal them.

I am happy to consider requests to use mine (for a small fee of course). They are all protected by digital watermark and I can (and will) find out if they are used without my permission.

OK, serious bit finished, back to the fun.........:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread