The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Glantz heavy hit piece in "The week"

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by guambred, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. guambred

guambred Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2014
    Guam, USA
    I won't bother to link it as I'm on an iPad and it's darn near impossible for my old brain to figure that process out. But it's titled "What do e-cigarettes do to your lungs?" For the life of me I can't get how this quack is able to keep spreading his fallacies. There are a couple quotes from Haijek sp?.. But they seem to be spun negatively as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

And of course there's no way to comment on that article. Glantz is a walking, talking conflict of interest. He's made his career in Tobacco Control.

• Like Like x 5
  3. guambred

guambred Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2014
    Guam, USA
    Perhaps that's how he pulls it off? Only does interviews if he can be certain there will be no rebuttal?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lessifer

They actually did a "study" and came to the conclusion that they were losing the social media war because they couldn't control the dialogue, so yeah, don't expect him to engage in an open discussion online.

• Like Like x 5
  5. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Is Slantz still around?

I thought that since his work had been Discredited so many times, that all of his Funder's pulled up stakes moved on.

That, I he had become an Embarrassment to his Employer.

6. Lessifer

He's uniquely qualified for his position, he has no real skills so he can dedicate his time to pseudo science, and when faced with something he can't rebut, he comes up with phrases like "scratched their heads and their butts and came up with a number."

• Like Like x 3
  7. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Fun fact:

If you rearrange the letters in Stanton Glantz name you get "Knucklehead"

• Like Like x 5
  8. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Doing what Slantz did works.

But it Only works for a Limited amount of Time. Because even Susceptible people catch on Sooner or Later.

And for Slantz's employer(s), he starts to become a Liability. Because when his Credibility goes to Zero, his Name on a Study or his Quotes in the Media cause more Harm than Good for the Dis-Information his side is trying to Sell.

• Like Like x 2
  9. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vaslovik

Vaslovik Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2013
    I think it speaks volumes of them that they can only have a chance of winning when they control the dialogue. Obviously they dread free and open debate.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Ipster

Ipster Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Could someone please be generous enough to edit the title here? Pseudo Doctor attempts another hit at e-cigarettes.
    cmon peeps...Glantz is so unworthy of grabbing our ECF noobs attention. I'd rather send them off to read the posthumous
    podiatry files of Dr Roger Lier looking into alien implants.;)

12. rokyo87

rokyo87 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2016
    I think that Glantz time is limited... Or I hope so. He is a fraud.

13. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    He is like the boy who cried "Wolf!" - if he ever does manage to find a legitimate problem, none of us will believe him.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.