Glas marbles in liquid bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
Yes you can, and it won't hurt a thing.

It's an old photographers trick they used to do with bottles of developer. Developer is very prone to oxidation, and they would put marbles in the bottle to raise the liquid level and drive the air from the bottle. Put them in after you have all the liquid you want in the bottle.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes you can, and it won't hurt a thing.

It's an old photographers trick they used to do with bottles of developer. Developer is very prone to oxidation, and they would put marbles in the bottle to raise the liquid level and drive the air from the bottle. Put them in after you have all the liquid you want in the bottle.
It should also help when shaking it up to mix. I’ve considered using marbles just for that purpose

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
It should also help when shaking it up to mix. I’ve considered using marbles just for that purpose
I would be cautious about vigorous shaking tough. I envision chipped marbles, and/or shattered bottles.:shock: Maybe, with limited headspace and viscus liquid, it won't be an issue?:confused:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I would be cautious about vigorous shaking tough. I envision chipped marbles, and/or shattered bottles.:shock: Maybe, with limited headspace and viscus liquid, it won't be an issue?:confused:
Multiple marbles might in fact do this. One marble would be the ideal here and in a plastic bottle. I was referencing spray cans which mostly all have a single marble in them to assist with shake mixing. It’s the “rattle” of a “rattle can”

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Why not split the nic up into 500, 250 and 125ml bottles? Any leftover nic gets put into a 60ml bottle as working nic and stored in the fridge.

Am I the only one imagining 5 lbs of marbles in a liter bottle once the majority of the nic is used?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Why not split the nic up into 500, 250 and 125ml bottles? Any leftover nic gets put into a 60ml bottle as working nic and stored in the fridge.

Am I the only one imagining 5 lbs of marbles in a liter bottle once the majority of the nic is used?
    Freezer space is lacking for many of us sweets. Ironically it is easier to store a liter bottle rather than many smaller glass bottles logistically.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    In my view the small amount of air present in 1 bottle is not going to cause much of a problem when frozen. The molecules move slowly and once the oxidation has happened with the existing air it cannot oxidise further unless you open it of course. I definitely would split it up though into 120ml bottles....that's what I do anyway. ;)

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I ended up putting half my liter into a 500ml, the remainder into a 250 and 2 120s. That way, I'm only thawing out the nic and refreezing it again one time and there are less bottles to contend with.

Either way, of course.

untar

Vaping Master
    Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    ...but what if I lost my marbles

Kappa.png

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Plus, your going to have to completely thaw and then refreeze that liter over and over again with the frozen marbles inside.
    Thought of that. Decided to get some stackable plastic boxes the 120ml ambers will fit neatly into. For now the liter is in freezer as is.

Reactions: smacuser

Roggy

Jun 9, 2018
    Thanks everyone for your help and contribution so far

@Roggy . Exactly how much liquid are we talking?

Not fully sure yet, my last batch was 3.5 liters. Now i've come across a shop with even better "order a lot and get better discounts" so it may very well be 5-6 liters. A few recipes will be made a liter of, but others, to try them out in a 100ml batch where i can use squeezy bottles to press the air out.

I guess my main problem is the nic base, in germany we're only sold 20mg/ml shots, but i've got a liter XXXmg now which should last me for 20+ liters

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Thanks everyone for your help and contribution so far

Not fully sure yet, my last batch was 3.5 liters. Now i've come across a shop with even better "order a lot and get better discounts" so it may very well be 5-6 liters. A few recipes will be made a liter of, but others, to try them out in a 100ml batch where i can use squeezy bottles to press the air out.

I guess my main problem is the nic base, in germany we're only sold 20mg/ml shots, but i've got a liter 200mg now which should last me for 20+ liters
    We aren't allowed to post about nic over 100mg/ml. Just use 100+ in the future and it will be okay. Honestly if stored in the freezer while not ideal to have much head space for air it will likely be fine until you decant to usable smaller amounts.

• Informative
    Reactions: Roggy

Roggy

Jun 9, 2018
    We aren't allowed to post about nic over 100mg/ml. Just use 100+ in the future and it will be okay. Honestly if stored in the freezer while not ideal to have much head space for air it will likely be fine until you decant to usable smaller amounts.

Woops sorry, thanks for the heads up. Edited it out hope thats alright

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    I have 2x 1liter jugs of 100mg nic in my kitchen freezer. One is a working bottle for over a year. It has been distributed from- into a 250ml black bottle that stays in the "lab". More and more air has been introduced over the past year, but ironically no visible "tanning". It is still the same quality as the untampered bottle that it sits next to.

Glass marbles in a glass bottle is probably a bad idea due to possibility of breakage, mkay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread