Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
yeah that reminds me a lot of the protank actually, except for that one piece which i assume is the metal jacket protector you mentioned

the miniprotank2 doesn't have a protective jacket but it is completely dissassembleable for propercleaning and you can get replacement glass tubes (in different colors too); the smoktech aro is the one which comes with the metal protective jacket; there is also a glass evod which has the metal jacket.

the piece I think you refer to wold be the 5th piece in the picture? thats the eGo base; that's very important; it is why I recommend the miniprotank2 and not the protank2. The eGo base screws onto the eGo thread; the protanks, like most other common tanks, use the 510 thread which is much smaller, and that interace is resposible for a lot of problems users get with tanks. Inside that smaller space you have to do some
- physical mechanics holding the tank down
- electrical requirements (alot of users end up with center pin problems)
- airflow problems (the new airflow bases for the nautilus and aerotank help with that).

That 510 interface suits cigalikes/cartomizers very well and that's what it's really designed for; but for clearos the eGo thread is superior.

1640100-5.jpg

eGo base.

1640000-5.jpg

Protank2: note the 510 thread base at the bottom of the tank.

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
I feel like a broken record when it comes to the minis.

mini-protank-3-3.jpg

Btw, the O-ring on top is not loosely attached to the top of the glass like the Mini PT2, so it is a littttttle easier to clean up without accidentally messing up the top O-ring. Don't get me wrong, I like the Mini PT2, it is just the Mini PT3 is better.

Last edited:
I use a nautilus all the time - its a great system, and if you rebuild, as good or better rebuilt as a single coil. Plus I really have put it to the test as far as dropping the thing goes. Even dropped out of a truck seat a few feet to the driveway twice. Maybe lucky, but it has taken a few really good thumps and hasn't busted yet.

CassiusCloud

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
U.S.
I have both the PT3 and the Aspire BDC. Both glass and both dual coil. Like the Aspire love the PT3. Dual coil seem to like blends that are more VG than pg. Thicker fluids do well on duals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Aspire BDC,at least the one i have which is the mini, is plastic..It felt like glass until i pulled the bottom off and seen that the tank threads were not..
I know the Nautilus is glass from pulling it apart..

Now if they have a bigger Aspire BDC and that is the one you are referring to,then i'm gonna have to check it out for sure..:)

Tom Fuller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
Mansfield, Texas, United States
Now if they have a bigger Aspire BDC and that is the one you are referring to,then i'm gonna have to check it out for sure..:)

The Aspire BDC I have is really close to same size as the PT3 Kanger. I am new to vaping so not sure about capacity in ml. Also it is Pyrex with a metal protective covering. Cost was about 5 less than the PT3. The PT3 is quickly becoming my fav. Just a tip on dual coils, more voltage needed. I have read on here people getting muted flavors with the Aspire BDC, so was I till I turned the dual a few notches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matija

Jun 9, 2013
Croatia
hello ecf, and happy vaping.

I currently have a ProTank II and an AeroTank in my rotation, but would like to add to the collection in the near future. I am aware of the Aspire Nautilus tank (at a whopping 5ml if im not mistaken), but am not sure about many others. Ive heard mention of Phiniac and SmokTech but haven't really looked into them or heard much in detail. What pyrex tanks do you guys have experience with, and what do you recommend? Thanks and vape on!

Aerotank Mega recently introduced. Food-grade SS and Pyrex Glass tank.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I feel like a broken record when it comes to the minis.

mini-protank-3-3.jpg

Btw, the O-ring on top is not loosely attached to the top of the glass like the Mini PT2, so it is a littttttle easier to clean up without accidentally messing up the top O-ring. Don't get me wrong, I like the Mini PT2, it is just the Mini PT3 is better.

1640100-1.jpg

1651404-1.jpg

Doesn't seem to be a big difference between the two.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
so the ego base just screws on where the beauty ring normally would for the PT2?

You can take off the pt2 base just as when refilling, and screw on the miniprotank base instead; the atomomizer head screws on to the base. Actually the tanks themselves use the same eGo thread;

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
Doesn't seem to be a big difference between the two.

The Mini PT3 does use a dual coil instead of the single coil of the Mini PT2. The dual coils in the 3's does give a bump in vapor and flavor, but making your own coils for them will bump them even more. Making a microcoil to replace the dual coils on the 3 is not too difficult and pretty inexpensive to get into. Cotton wicks will also make a difference. I do find that the O ring on the top of the glass for the PT2 tends to stay with the tank for some reason and can get out of position easily. I would take mine apart now to take pics about what I am talking about, but it is full of Strawbana at the moment and I am loath to part with it for that long. :)

Ultimately, my experience with both that while there was a bit of tweaking that needed to be done with the Mini PT2 right out of the box, the Mini PT3's I simply washed, assembled, filled and they had a more satisfying experience than I did with the Mini PT2 right away. Don't get me wrong, I like both now. Since the 3's are relatively new, not many have experience with them so SOMEONE has to toot that horn. :D

oldnic

Mar 31, 2014
Willmar, MN, USA
I hit gold when I bought a couple of PT2s, more vaping and much less messing around. The first setup that I could just fill in the morning and depend on to work well all day. Weeks now and I have had zero problems. That's what I've been looking for. I may play around with other gear at home, and a protank2 on a twist is not real handy, but they work every time I hit the button. That's with 50/50 PG/VG ymmv.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
The Mini PT3 does use a dual coil instead of the single coil of the Mini PT2. The dual coils in the 3's does give a bump in vapor and flavor, but making your own coils for them will bump them even more. Making a microcoil to replace the dual coils on the 3 is not too difficult and pretty inexpensive to get into. Cotton wicks will also make a difference. I do find that the O ring on the top of the glass for the PT2 tends to stay with the tank for some reason and can get out of position easily. I would take mine apart now to take pics about what I am talking about, but it is full of Strawbana at the moment and I am loath to part with it for that long. :)

Ultimately, my experience with both that while there was a bit of tweaking that needed to be done with the Mini PT2 right out of the box, the Mini PT3's I simply washed, assembled, filled and they had a more satisfying experience than I did with the Mini PT2 right away. Don't get me wrong, I like both now. Since the 3's are relatively new, not many have experience with them so SOMEONE has to toot that horn. :D

Are you saying you can't put a dual coil in a minipt2 or put a single coil in a minipt3?

Dual and single coil are properties of the replacement atomizer heads, not the tank.

The really difference between the miniprotank2 and miniprotank3 is whether or not the older heads fit in the newer tanks or viceversa.
And by the looks of it the older head should fit in the newer tank, but I don't think the newer head would fit in the older tank because the newer head is taller.

And the supposed difference you happen to notice of a rubber o ring is no difference at all between types of tanks; the same difference would probably be found between two miniprotank3 tanks; it's just rubber, not metal.

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
Are you saying you can't put a dual coil in a minipt2 or put a single coil in a minipt3?

Dual and single coil are properties of the replacement atomizer heads, not the tank.

The really difference between the miniprotank2 and miniprotank3 is whether or not the older heads fit in the newer tanks or viceversa.
And by the looks of it the older head should fit in the newer tank, but I don't think the newer head would fit in the older tank because the newer head is taller.

And the supposed difference you happen to notice of a rubber o ring is no difference at all between types of tanks; the same difference would probably be found between two miniprotank3 tanks; it's just rubber, not metal.

No reason to be overly pedantic. I commented on the differences as I perceived them with the two tanks. You said you SEE no difference. A picture of the tank dissembled has little relationship to real world use. The dual coil has a taller area for the coil, so will not fit in the PT2 tanks. I have heard that some have tried the single in the PT3's and most have experienced leaking. I didn't bother as I have plenty of each type and no desire to waste juice on a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread