Go outside to vape?

Do you go outside to Vape for some free time?

• Yes, It is kinda nice.

• No, are you nuts!? its cold outside!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hell to the No... it is hot here in the summer (broiling, brain melting heat) and cold in the winter (well, cold in Zonie terms... yeah, we don't own coats and the summer frying heat has thinned out my blood. haha). I don't miss that part of smoking at all!! If I can get away with doing it in a bar or restaurant, I do! No more going outside if I can help it.

If I was working, I think I'd sneak in the bathroom instead of going outside with other smokers and the weather.

I do sit out with the dogs once in a while... take a break, pull some weeds (yes, it is like spring in Arizona right now... yippie!) get some Vitamin D from the sun... This won't last long here though. One more month or so, and back inside for me!!

Gamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
www.Youtube.com
This forum is a bunch of hermits!!! 8-o

j/k :wub:

I love some of these answers. Last night after posting this topic the wind picked up and slammed the bay door behind me, it scared me enough to get my tail back inside and thank the stars that I could vape inside. Richmond at 2am is not such a nice place.

trailblazer6

A.K.A. Igor the Vapaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Lakewood , NJ
www.bikerornot.com
Me I live in New Jersey. So ya got to go outside to vape in public places. It's fun to see the look on the smokers faces when I pull out my 510 manual and start vaping away. They are like " Whats That ... " But, When I get home, I stay indoors. Heck, I work outdoors in all weather conditions.

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
I never went outside to smoke because I wanted to smoke outside.

I only left my office, public buildings and home to smoke because I'm consious of the needs of others.

I still like to take an outdoor break once in a while, but it no longer hinges on curbing my nicotine craving. And I can hang out for 10-20 minutes, one or two times a day with the normal people, instead of ten 2-4 minute rushed breaks in a dark corner by the back of the building.

I'm enjoying the freedom of not having to get my jacket on, take an elevator and then walk out the door to take a rushed smoke break.

Freaking LOVE vaping!

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
For the most part, I didn't go outdoors to smoke. Exceptions of course being buildings where smoking is prohibited ... at work, airports, restaurants, etc. But I do enjoy the outdoors when it isn't too hot (most of the year). I haven't flown since I started vaping. Some airports are so huge that getting to a designated smoking area can be a major endeavor. And then there's the flight itself ... transcontinental (5+ hours) really had me jones'n after a couple hours.

Does anyone here know how vaping is viewed in flight? Oh, that's off topic and for another thread, I suppose. But, I'm curious.

As for the poll ... I had to answer no, but not because it's cold outside.

ChickHabit

Feb 22, 2010
Boulder, CO
In Colorado-- a state known only among locals for its sunshine and mildness--it's been murderously cold this winter. Lots of wretched, wretched snowfall interfering with the steady 40 degrees we're usually blessed with in the wintertime.

That being said, part of why I started smoking real cigarettes in the olden days was because I loved an easy exit. Party's getting a little weird, a little stale? "Err, wanna step out for a smoke?" Workplace driving you ape....? "I'm gonna take 5 for a smoke, boss." Haven't left the house all damned day? "Whoo, time to see what's doin' on the porch!"

Now that I vape, I appreciate the flexibility, but I miss the necessity of being-- well, somewhat of a persona non grata. How're you supposed to escape when people around you are getting wise to the fact that e-cigs swing, uh, both ways?

I gotta say that vaping has opened up a door previously locked to me, and that's in regards to my apartment building's smoking rules. Although I own my unit, I still can't smoke indoors as I please. That was, at least, until my e-ciggie came bouncing along. I tell ya, I really relish the idle, thoughtless puffs I can get while snuggled in bed.

This all being said, I try and get some fresh air whenever I can. I'm fortunate that I don't have anyone breathing down my neck about taking valuable time to vape al fresco, but I'm curious about those who do. I remember when I scraped by at my Starbucks job, long before I vaped. Smoking was PRECIOUS to me. Granted, I don't think Starbucks would take too kindly to indoor vaping anyway, but...I guess what I wanna know is...

Has anyone straight-up lost their outside priveleges to a third party because of their vaping?

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
When I first started vaping, I'd go outside like I did when I smoked. But then we started getting the -16 garbage, so I figured enough of that. So I voted no. But now that it appears there is some hope of spring arriving, I imagine I'll go outside once in a while, just for some fresh air.

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
Love vaping both inside or outside! Instead of smoke breaks, I take vape breaks. I like going for a walk and vaping as I do, and oftentimes, I opt to vape outside just because I'm comfortable outside and like a nice bit of sunshine. Of course, in southern California where it's not legal to smoke inside restaurants and entire cities are smoke-free zones, I still get some odd looks if I'm vaping where I'm not allowed to "smoke", but since my PV of choice doesn't look like a cigarette, I rarely get any problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread