Going crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epaVi

Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Toronto
Ive been trying to vape for a week now. I still smoke cigs and am trying to find the perfect set up to prepare for my quit date.

I grabbed an ego Twist with a Kanger T3. Vaped some really strong PG juice so it wasnt enjoyable. Kanger also gurgles and leaks.

I ordered some juice from a vendor in Canada over a week ago who still has not processed my order or replied to emails.

So today, I ran over to the retail spot for Canvape and grabbed two atomizers, a SD and a drip tip. At first, my cotton candy from Maple leaf vapes was delish, but there was a bit of a weird after taste. Kinda burnt......still yummy however, and I loved the vapor I was getting from the atty. Got home, threw some RY4 into the other Atty as I wasnt able to sample the flavors I grabbed this week. Very hazelnutty....with a hint of wood......then the wood flavor grew stronger and stronger.

Now, my cotton candy doesnt taste like cotton candy in the arty, or the kanger. I threw the cotton candy into the SD and all I could taste was what I would describe to be chemicals. Was I supposed to do something to the SD before smoking?

Was I also supposed to prep the atty's for use?

Im really getting annoyed as I just want to vape my goods! Now all i have in my mouth is a gross burnt taste. The analogs havent even cleared it out.

Is vaping really supposed to be this hard? :(

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I still smoke cigs and am trying to find the perfect set up

There is no perfect set up, so you are going to be somewhat disappointed if you expect perfection. :) Vaping is really not like smoking, however, I think once you get the hang of things you will, like everyone here, do just FINE.

Since you have a brick and mortar store, I would suggest letting them help you as welll, there's nothing like hands-on help.

There is a learning curve, but nothing you can't handle.

You need to prime the atty with a few drops of juice. Give it a minute or so to soak in. Then put in 2-3 more drops, and vape. You will probably get 4-6 hits on that, then put more drops in.

If using really dissimilar flavors, you should blow out the atty from the connection side and/or use a different one, as the flavors from one juice to the next may carry over.

Make sure your battery isn't turned up too high.......start low, adjust up.

Sounds like maybe you burned up the wick. Clean the atty under hot water and/or everclear/vodka soak, let dry overnight .... try it again and prime it right. Let us know if it works now.

Newbies probably should not start out with just a dripping atty. Until you do a search here on "dripping" in search box, then you will learn.

Watch You Tube videos.

Ask the guys at your brick and mortar store to suggest carto and/or clearo and show you how to use it.

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
It can be a bit of a hassle at first getting a setup that works for you. As far as the kangars I'm not sure I've never used them I prefer cartotank setups.

Juices that taste good can be very hard to find. You might have burnt your wick which would cause the burnt flavor you are experiencing.

It sounds like a more reliable delivery system in conjunction with a better juice would be the best solution.

Sent from my Nexus 4

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Sorry to read about your vaping troubles. I suspect a trip to your local vape shop will be helpful and resolve a few of these problems. You stated something about setting your quit date. Please do not be too hard on yourself and please don't struggle with a quit date. Be prepared to move that date until you are are 100% comfortable in your 'vape world'. As others have stated, this is not an easy journey. Some folks seems to have a bigger adjustment period than others. Keep at it until you find the best equipment and juice for you. Once that happens quitting the stink sicks will fall into place.

Wishing you all the best,

Definitely let your quit date drift if it has to and focus instead on the cigs you aren't smoking.

Once you find something that works, you may be surprised. For me, it was a basic clearto and a Vision Spinner that did it. I went from idly wondering if I'd hit my quit date (October 10th) to quitting early (October first or so). Even so, I snuck a few here and there until they finally tasted awful (around December 25th). As expected. After that, none.

Over the course of the period, September 10th to December 25th, I had about 30 cigarettes. If I had been smoking it would have been closer to 4,000.

Big difference. That was what I was focusing on...the 99% reduction.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Is vaping really supposed to be this hard? :(

Proper filling technique for each individual juice delivery device and knowing how to vape on them makes all the difference in the world. Do yourself a favor and look at this link. There are descriptions and explanations of most of the common juice delivery devices, complete with pictures and videos that show how to fill each one. This knowledge should go a long way to help you.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rto-tank-what-juice-delivery-attachments.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread