Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
David,

Any chance of offering your T-tips with gold plating? Perhaps on a special order basis? I was thinking while getting your posts plated, you just toss in the ordered T-tips in the tank with them! :)

I'm having trouble locating US vendors that offer such and I really loathe other manufacturers drip tips, when in the end, I just wish I could get one or more of my favorite T-tips gold plated.

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
Yeah vap, I wouldn't go that far on the accent rings. A bit of polish on the brass ones will do the trick. But the tips make more sense. Now that my brass T-tips have gotten a heavy patina on them, I've been rather put off by using them. That's where the gold plating came to mind. Stylish looks, without all the yuk! Food for thought!

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've been doing some research online and was able to find gold plating kits for as little as $200-300. Now for me to make a couple tips goldplated, that's rather costly, but for a manufacturer to get one and offer some "special order" items.... could prove profitable...

Just sayin'! :)

Don't get sucked in by those kits, they flake off within a few days to a few weeks. A few manufacturers have tried them to make gold plated contacts and plate mods only to have it flake off right away. You need a good mil spec plating for it to stay. I may do it some day, but for right now, I just don't have the time unfortunately, too many projects not enough time :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread