Good eGo model for chain vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hullo folks,

Wondering if there's a decent VV eGo battery for chain vaping. I'm a chain smoker trying to make the switch. It's difficult because my Vision Spinner tends to get hot (well, the threads do) if I chain vape. I stop when that happens as I don't think it would be wise to continue using it until it cools. I use both Kanger E-Smart clearos and a Genitank mini (Genitank always gets hot, including the glass). Want to get some Protank mini 3's and just use those instead.

Any and all suggestions would be welcome. Please keep in mind that I'm far from rich, so price is also a consideration. I can't afford to run out and replace a battery and clearos all in one shot. I would prefer to stick with an eGo setup so that I can use what I already have and slowly replace the E-Smarts with Protank mini 3's.

I'm in Canada so if you plan on linking me to some reasonably priced goods, I shop only at Canadian stores (thanks to customs issues). It certainly doesn't hurt though to see some product pages on US sites for ref.

I am willing to consider other sorts of batteries and/or mods for future purchase. Atm I very much prefer to vape at 4.1v with 1.5o dual coils. We do own a Nitecore charger and some 18650 batteries... Husband is using Innokin Cool Fire. I'm not fond of the size and weight. Weight is an issue for me. Have arthritis very bad in both hands. No joke, a few days ago I dropped a loaf of bread. Just to give you an idea of my problems with weight.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The problem is basic eGo batteries aren't built to handle 1.5 ohm anything, let alone dual coil. Anything lower than 1.8 ohms is drawing more amps than eGo class batteries are designed to deliver. (Even 1.8 ohms is pushing it for an eGo.) End result: Batteries with short life spans or suddenly dying from tripping the protection circuit. The fact that your button/threads on the battery are getting uncomfortably hot is a clear sign you are pushing the battery too hard. If you really want to chain vape at 1.5 ohms you need to look into something beyond an eGo or Spinner VV battery.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I agree with Rickajho. I suggest looking into the Heatvape Defender or the Eleaf istick 30W. It is where I have went after using eGos for years now. I have both but prefer the Defender. They can take the dual coils - I have used the Aerotank V2, Aerotank mega, Aerotank EMOW mega and the Genitank regular and mega. All fit well, have airflow control and don't leak. The advantage of the Defender is the reversible adapter that allows you to still use up the eGo threaded clearos. Eleaf has that too but imo, not as good.

See post #50

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...etition-heatvape-defender-5.html#post15351438

... and follow up posts to that for more info.

Don't know what Canada shops carry it but many ship to Canada (within their Canadian warehouses.)

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
You could consider looking into the new Ego One. It's not variable voltage and incompatible with your current ego parts, but you will be able to vape all day, especially if you go for the larger 2200 mah battery. The 1.0 ohm and 0.5 ohm heads allow you chain vaping options too - whether its mouth to lung or direct lung inhaling - with these heads you don't really need variable voltage. I've been using mine for 2 months and like the simplicity and performance of the device. Although the battery isn't fancy or regulated, the device is getting some very favourable reviews.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
Not a fan of dual coils but loving the EVOD Twist with the Mini Pro Tank 2s got some 2.2coils left form my EVOD BCCs I used before (same coils) on standard 3.7 EVOD Batt, but currently using the 2.5ohm coils ranging from 3.6-4.2v so far on it. I notice on 2.5ohm im liking the 3.8-4v settings should be around same volts even on the 2.2ohm coils according to chart..http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Another thought - what nic level are you vaping? Perhaps upping it a bit might alleviate the need to chain vape?

I know when I started vaping, I got the level the clerk recommended based on my smoking habit. Darn thing hardly left my mouth for the first week. (I live out in the sticks, so it took that long to get back to town...) Upped the level a notch, and began vaping like I used to smoke, and quit the cigs that day. :2c:

Reactions: redrebel821

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Evod BCC with 2.2 ohm coil. Works nice on ego VV battery. Works fine on standard ego battery too. Decent vape and flavor and decent draw. Much better draw than the esmart clearos. I know since I just moved up from them too. You can get the generic evods for as little as 1.99 and 3.99 for 5 coils at the link below: So as cheap as the esmart clearos and much nicer all around. You can even rebuild the heads if you so desire.

https://www.goodejuice.com/

Last edited:

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
Evod BCC with 2.2 ohm coil. Works nice on ego VV battery. Works fine on standard ego battery too. Decent vape and flavor and decent draw. Much better draw than the esmart clearos. I know since I just moved up from them too. You can get the generic evods for as little as 1.99 and 3.99 for 5 coils at the link below: So as cheap as the esmart clearos and much nicer all around. You can even rebuild the heads if you so desire.

https://www.goodejuice.com/

Id spend the extra 2$ all the value EVOD BCCs I got from here leaked at the base, but the Kanger namebrand ones lasted 2 years well still got one that the plastic is not cracked in very good clearos I used on my Kanger EVOD 650. my sister got the cheaper 650 EVOD Values and her batterys are still good even though a clone of the Kangertech EVOD. But dont buy the value coils get the Kanger coils!! Those value ones ewww everyone has way to much cotton its worth the few extra bucks for the Kanger namebrand! But you can get the genuine Kangertech EVODs and coils cheaper at Mt Baker Vapor just so you know..I have ordered from both but Im going to recomend the Pro Tank 2 now I got the Minis but both nice and pyrex glass, takes same coils the PT2 10.50$ at MBV and the minis 7.99

Reactions: redrebel821
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread