Google Chrome issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
We have had it reported by some users that there are issues with Google's Chrome browser not processing ECF properly.

If you get strange errors while browsing ECF and are using Chrome, would you please try to log on with Firefox or Internet Explorer (latest versions) and see if it runs any better!

I will leave this thread open for anyone who has any knowledge of Chrome to explain why it might be the case that Chrome has difficulties with, ECF - and, especially, whether I can change anything to accommodate it.

SJ

TheIllustratedMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Upstate, NY
I use Chrome pretty much exclusively and have had no problems here. Some sites do have issues, and nearest I can figure it's due to ActiveX plugins that don't support the browser (or that the browser doesn't support). Could we maybe get a list of reported problems? I could try to replicate some of them and see what I can come up with.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Chrome would NOT display a frame page layout on a Web site I update. It "didn't do frames." Well, excuse me, but frames are older than Google. I don't know about the newest version because I banished Chrome from my brain for all eternity. IE and Firefox display frames and everything else just fine and the world needs a new browser as much as it needs a mutated form of swine flu.

CellWho

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Interesting. I just did a quick test and found that Chrome handles frames fine. I've used IE, Opera, and Firefox in the past and have been using Chrome for a few months now. I much prefer it as the footprint is lighter than IE or Firefox.

Chrome will not just be a browser, but more of an interface for Google's upcoming OS. Each tab will represent an application. It's an interesting idea built on thin client ideology while leveraging cloud computing.

I wouldn't give up on it quite yet TB, as it may be the way of the future :D I'm curious to see if it gains any traction in the years to come.

Chrome would NOT display a frame page layout on a Web site I update. It "didn't do frames." Well, excuse me, but frames are older than Google. I don't know about the newest version because I banished Chrome from my brain for all eternity. IE and Firefox display frames and everything else just fine and the world needs a new browser as much as it needs a mutated form of swine flu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread