Got my 510 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trance

Jun 7, 2010
Texas
So today I got my joye510 starter kit with a PCC from ValleyVapor.com. I ordered my liquid from them before to refill carts when I had my Blu. Really fast vendor, always got it to me two days max. Anyways, so I didn't really like the Blue, there wasn't enough vapor production. I had gone back to smoking cigarettes for a few weeks because I fell into a lake and my Blu ruined and was really debating whether or not to even start vaping again..So after lurking around here for a while and reading some posts I decided to go with a manual 510..and I must say that I LOVE it. It's absolutely fantastic.

So today shall be day one of NO MORE ANALOGS!

Trance

Jun 7, 2010
Texas
Yeah haha, I had spent a lot of money on the Blu buying accessories and extra batteries, etc. and it just wasn't cutting it, I would still want a cig, and pretty much only used it when I was at work, so I wouldnt go out for smoke breaks cuz I'd only get between 8 and 10 good hits before I'd have to refill the cart and wait for a good while before it would work good again. With this, I can see why people enjoy these so much! Glad I found this place and did some reading before I bought another auto...

great right?? i baught 25 cartridges not knowing what i was doing.. blu was crap. 510 kills it in every aspect. i got a EM RiVa now with the 510 lr atty and it's working wonders, i rarely change the battery, maybe once every other day, works like a tank. i suggest staying with the 510 for a while, and if you start to get curious about the others, go with mods like 6v or indulgence from eastmall. i seriously considered switching back to cigs when i had the blu, now there is no way i'd start smoking regular cigs again... well unless vaping becomes illegal... but i have enough juice to last me 2 years... haha i'd still vape even if it was illegal.

Drinking is legal, but the side effects of that are way worse than vaping for months.. i'm not comparing the two, just pointing out that they shouldn't ban the e-cig. everyone on this forum i'm sure feels the same way.
:)

Trance

Jun 7, 2010
Texas
I sure hope that they don't get banned. Here in texas no one seems to know to much about them yet, everyone was mesmerized when I had my Blu and it was fun being able to educate people a little. One of the coffee shops in town has started to advertise a website where you can get them to, so it's just starting to hit here I think. The kit I bought just had one battery and atty in it, but thats cuz I wanted the case. My next check I'll be getting a few more batteries, carts and attys and some more liquid(I bought two of the cappuccino flavors because so far that ones my favorite).

Heisenberg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Vegas
www.myspace.com
Me too. Cappuccino is my favorite so far. But jesus there's so many flavors.

You can buy adapters for those batteries so you can use 901 or 801 attys on em. try those. try some low resistance attys too.

I find with my low resistance attys the coffee flavors really intense. But I use 801s. You'll need new attys eventually. I bought adapters so I could sample. I think the 510 is alright, but 801s are my favorite so far.

i'm the only person who vapes in this whole town, every time i vape at work someone has a comment about it, every time i'm in a store people tell me to put it out , and i rub it on the nearest surface, usualy on the scanner or the table close. haha they always get freaked out like i'm smoking and putting it out on their tables, then i puff it and blow the vapor towards them and ask if they smell smoke. they usualy look at me crazy and confused, then i tell em "get up on that vapor son! it's the new age!! smoke is the past!" i laugh all the time, around here people want them but they dont know where to find them, there are no stores besides online. i get everything on the internet. so this was easy for me to switch to.

gotta love the peoples faces when they think you're putting a cigarette out on their property... PRICELESS!

mister kil

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
tacoma wa
i'm the only person who vapes in this whole town, every time i vape at work someone has a comment about it, every time i'm in a store people tell me to put it out , and i rub it on the nearest surface, usualy on the scanner or the table close. haha they always get freaked out like i'm smoking and putting it out on their tables, then i puff it and blow the vapor towards them and ask if they smell smoke. they usualy look at me crazy and confused, then i tell em "get up on that vapor son! it's the new age!! smoke is the past!" i laugh all the time, around here people want them but they dont know where to find them, there are no stores besides online. i get everything on the internet. so this was easy for me to switch to.

gotta love the peoples faces when they think you're putting a cigarette out on their property... PRICELESS!
Now don't go making us vapers look bad, just kindly explain to them what you are doing. I was using it all over at first, but then decided it was more polite to ask about it, except going into the POS Walmart, we want people to see us as a new breed not that of disruptive smokers.

Now don't go making us vapers look bad, just kindly explain to them what you are doing. I was using it all over at first, but then decided it was more polite to ask about it, except going into the POS Walmart, we want people to see us as a new breed not that of disruptive smokers.
i mean, i was on the run, usually i dont have time to explain the whole thing, i usually tell them to check the internet, and not to get a mainstream one, do the research and make the purchase based on how it works. sorry i made it seem like i'm a ...., sometimes i can be when i'm late for work, then i tell em "it's vapor the new smoke! /check the internet!! /get your nicotene without smoke!/ 0-CARCINOGENS!!" usually they ask to hit it, and i wouldn't just share mouth contact to random people so i gotta be stern.. you know?

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI

+1 on that Kil.

Vape with dignity and class. You may think it's ok everywhere, but many juices have a strong smell which might offend some people...my two adult daughters CANNOT stand the smell of the tobacco I vape, TV's AC really bothers me (and I'm a vaper!)...so you never know who you're going to offend. Really, no one NEEDS to vape where they never smoked before, so why??

If we get too many black eyes in public, it might tilt the scales in favor of the antis.

EDIT: Hey Trance! You're going to love your 510. When you start getting tired of recharging (even if you have a pcc) look at upgrading the batteries...many options available. eGo clones from Tasty Vapor have been getting good reviews and are great buys. Or for a little greater batt capacity for about the same price as clones, the Rivas are a great buy from Vapor Junction.

Last edited:

mister kil

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
tacoma wa
+1 on that Kil.

Vape with dignity and class. You may think it's ok everywhere, but many juices have a strong smell which might offend some people...my two adult daughters CANNOT stand the smell of the tobacco I vape, TV's AC really bothers me (and I'm a vaper!)...so you never know who you're going to offend. Really, no one NEEDS to vape where they never smoked before, so why??

If we get too many black eyes in public, it might tilt the scales in favor of the antis.

I do it in Walmart every dang time I get myself dragged down there. That place is a looney bin. My Stress level goes up enormously within 20 feet of entering the store. I keep it down to stealthing around most people in there, but if you are one of those cursed aisle blockers or jump right in front of what I was already looking at people beware you might get vaped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread