got shocked maybe, or burned not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Bye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Turlock, California, United States
so everything's been fine. went to go have a vape, been sitting awhile not a fresh batt but not used up either i pushed the button and felt a weal shock or a burn. there was no heat after i rushed to take out the battery (just in case it was shorting) so i dont think it was a burn cuz it would of been warm still. so i am assuming i got juice on my hands some how or something and my hand shorted it somehow. anyone have this happen to them?

Matthew Bye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Turlock, California, United States
yeah is the mechanical one ....i cant figure how either...thats whats so strange. ive vaped it since and no problems. i guess whateder it was was just some fluke. if it happens to happen again i bring it up again i was just wondering if anyone else had this happen at all really.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I figure I push the REO button 250 X a day at least ....... Times about 1000 days now .... (2 year 9 months)

250,000 REO button presses with never such an occurrence.

EDIT: Hmmm I wonder how many times a day I do push the button .......
Maybe Rob should add the Chinese loved "puff counter" .... Nah

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
the only time i ever felt anything weird like that from a mod was when my rebuildable atomizer had a hard short in it. (somewhere in its innards, factory gifted). It happened to be on a tube mod, not REO; but that's neither here nor there. It was a very pronounced sensation and the battery instantly started to get quite hot. I would suggest metering the atty/build in question carefully; but not to worry unless it happens again.

rjtoole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Road I Land
When I first built a coil on my RM2 I did not check the resistance like a good boy, instead I just through it on top of my mini and fired away. Then BAM stinky plastic/metallic smell and then I noticed my battery was loose, I look inside and sure enough the coil collapsed like a narcoleptic on ambien.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Okay... since the early days of 9-volt 2-transistor radios (for 50+ years now), I've been using the tip of my tongue as a 9V battery tester (but then I love peppers). Do it after every smoke detector battery swap to rate remaining charge.

You know where this is going, right?

Fully charged, 4.2V 18650, brand new RM2, posts on the tip of the tongue. Pressed the fire button and could barely tell it was there. Of course this was a 2000 mAH and the 1600 mAH fans will swear it tastes hotter! ;)

I'm with Rob on this... if you felt current through the callus of a thumb tip, it was from static.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Okay... since the early days of 9-volt 2-transistor radios (for 50+ years now), I've been using the tip of my tongue as a 9V battery tester (but then I love peppers). Do it after every smoke detector battery swap to rate remaining charge.

You know where this is going, right?

Fully charged, 4.2V 18650, brand new RM2, posts on the tip of the tongue. Pressed the fire button and could barely tell it was there. Of course this was a 2000 mAH and the 1600 mAH fans will swear it tastes hotter! ;)

I'm with Rob on this... if you felt current through the callus of a thumb tip, it was from static.

50+ years experience with the tongue as a 9v tester.....I'd say by now you should be pro & experienced enough to use your tongue to measure the wattage of coils. Stick the coil on your tongue & fire away, I'm confident you will be pretty good at determining what your coils is! :p

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
50+ years experience with the tongue as a 9v tester.....I'd say by now you should be pro & experienced enough to use your tongue to measure the wattage of coils. Stick the coil on your tongue & fire away, I'm confident you will be pretty good at determining what your coils is! :p

I started to add a warning about not doing this with a coiled RM2, but thought, no... REO owners have more common sense. You've restored my faith in humanity. :laugh:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I'm glad you said it was a fault in the atomiser because i refuse to believe that you could make a bad coil! Works of art they are.

Which reminds me - the o-ring around the base of one of my RM2's looks a bit ragged and i am worried about it shorting in the same way A7s can do - offhand what size is the o-ring?

T

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Oh, fanks. :blush:

The o-ring is just big enough to fit around the 510, and still small enough to fit inside the catch cup. It is thick enough to provide some resistance to the atomizer base; but not too thick. The o-ring is thin enough to fit between the RM2 bottom and the catch cup bottom; but not so thin as to flop around in there.

Its the bottle cap o-ring. Or same size and 1/2 the thickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread