Kit Includes:
1 Atomizer with 1 Hole
2 batteries (200mah) with RED LED
1 USB Charger
1 USB to WALL Adapter
1 USB to CAR Adapter
5 Cartridges
1 Instruction Manual

Fully compatable with the DSE901 batteries, Atomizers, PT's and chargers!

Please check them out here!

Also, our NEW Debut of the GP411
With 2 complete PV's

Unperson

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
New England, U.S.A.
Rob, could you refresh my memory? IIRC, 901 attys work with 808 batteries,,, is that correct?? I want to stock up on some 901 stuff. :p

or if anyone has a link to the info of how 901 and 808 parts interchange.
, I'd be most grateful.
Thanks!!

Most 901/KR8 batteries and atomizers are interchangeable. I say most because there are always 3rd party manufacturers out there that produce variations on both models and they may use different threading on screws, but I haven't personally encountered this.

Important to note is that the default 901 batteries are 180mAh and default KR8 are 280mAh. The KR8 XL batteries are 380mAh. That results in the following combinations:

901 battery on a KR8 cartomizer = Weaker vapor production (than using a standard KR8 battery and cartomizer) and may result in difficult draws from the unit.
- Some may actually prefer this if using a standard KR8 is too strong.
- Because the head on the 901 battery doesn't have slotted venting like the KR8 batteries, using a cartomizer results in much stronger resistance when taking a draw.
KR8 battery on a 901 atomizer = Stronger vapor production (than using a standard 901 battery and atomizer) and unit may heat up more.
- Because the 901 doesn't offer a mega battery the way the 510 model does, many see using the standard KR8 (280mAh) battery as the only mega option for the 901.
- Because of the increased battery output, vapor production increases, but so does atomizer heat. Extra effort needs to be made not to block the single vent hole on the atomizer or the atomizer could heat to the point of burning the user or ruining the unit.
KR8 XL battery on a 901 atomizer = MUCH stronger vapor production (than using a standard 901 battery and atomizer) and unit will heat up more.
- As with using a standard KR8 battery, many see using the KR8 XL as a way to go beyond anything a standard 901 can offer. Some users combine a KR8 XL battery (380mAh) with a Low Resistance atomizer to emulate a 5 volt vaporizer.
- Because of the significantly increased battery output, vapor production increases much more, as does atomizer heat. Do not block the single vent hole on the atomizer or the atomizer will heat to the point of burning the user or ruining the unit.
Hope this helps.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Wow, that was a nice explaination.

Did you just write that up or what?

I will say that 808 Cartos will not work on GP or dse 901 batts without an adapter or
two adapters to provide the airflow.
I have personally tried this on a few occasions.
The GP901 will give a bit more airflow, but for both the the threading of the batt and carto have to be super loose, and I ony use it in emergency. lol

Unperson

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
New England, U.S.A.
Wow, that was a nice explaination.

Did you just write that up or what?

I will say that 808 Cartos will not work on GP or dse 901 batts without an adapter or
two adapters to provide the airflow.
I have personally tried this on a few occasions.
The GP901 will give a bit more airflow, but for both the the threading of the batt and carto have to be super loose, and I ony use it in emergency. lol

Yeah, I've been known to be wordy. I was a tech writer earlier in my life and I tend to over do it sometimes.:p

At least I didn't bust out a pie chart! :p

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
Most 901/KR8 batteries and atomizers are interchangeable. I say most because there are always 3rd party manufacturers out there that produce variations on both models and they may use different threading on screws, but I haven't personally encountered this.

Important to note is that the default 901 batteries are 180mAh and default KR8 are 280mAh. The KR8 XL batteries are 380mAh. That results in the following combinations:

901 battery on a KR8 cartomizer = Weaker vapor production (than using a standard KR8 battery and cartomizer) and may result in difficult draws from the unit.
- Some may actually prefer this if using a standard KR8 is too strong.
- Because the head on the 901 battery doesn't have slotted venting like the KR8 batteries, using a cartomizer results in much stronger resistance when taking a draw.
KR8 battery on a 901 atomizer = Stronger vapor production (than using a standard 901 battery and atomizer) and unit may heat up more.
- Because the 901 doesn't offer a mega battery the way the 510 model does, many see using the standard KR8 (280mAh) battery as the only mega option for the 901.
- Because of the increased battery output, vapor production increases, but so does atomizer heat. Extra effort needs to be made not to block the single vent hole on the atomizer or the atomizer could heat to the point of burning the user or ruining the unit.
KR8 XL battery on a 901 atomizer = MUCH stronger vapor production (than using a standard 901 battery and atomizer) and unit will heat up more.
- As with using a standard KR8 battery, many see using the KR8 XL as a way to go beyond anything a standard 901 can offer. Some users combine a KR8 XL battery (380mAh) with a Low Resistance atomizer to emulate a 5 volt vaporizer.
- Because of the significantly increased battery output, vapor production increases much more, as does atomizer heat. Do not block the single vent hole on the atomizer or the atomizer will heat to the point of burning the user or ruining the unit.
Hope this helps.

Nice writeup, but it seems you're making the mistake of confusing mAh for voltage. More mAh's simply means that the battery will last longer, not that it puts out more power at any given moment. In other words, these 3 different mAh batteries that you compare should all perform the same and give the same amount of vapor production, just the higher the mAh the longer the battery will last before needing a recharge and thus the longer amount of time you can expect consistent performance.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
Nice writeup, but it seems you're making the mistake of confusing mAh for voltage. More mAh's simply means that the battery will last longer, not that it puts out more power at any given moment. In other words, these 3 different mAh batteries that you compare should all perform the same and give the same amount of vapor production, just the higher the mAh the longer the battery will last before needing a recharge and thus the longer amount of time you can expect consistent performance.

There is truth to your statement, but at the same time, a higher mah (when fully charged) will put out a higher voltage from the beginning.
I suppose not all batteries/manufacturers.

This is just my XP and opinion on ecig batteries.

Rob @ GP

Unperson

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
New England, U.S.A.

I'm aware of the impact of mAh, but it was easier to focus on that.

I've read Scottbee's excellent evaluation of voltage output for various models and his results showed that Kanger (KR808D series) consistently put out 3.7-ish volts versus the 3.1-ish results from everyone else (510, 901, etc.). I could've just pointed to that I suppose.

smellrose

Jan 6, 2010
Detroit
I noticed on your site that these have a high arch bridge. Does that mean it would have a more "airy" draw? I've been using an RN4075 and I do like that it has a little bit harder draw. The problem is the batteries seem to crap out after about a month. I've been looking for some new batteries that will last a little longer than that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
:)

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
The batteries can only take so many charges, around 300 cycles.
If you are using it alot and charging it 5+ times a day, that would go quick.

Have you ever tried a Passthru?
Use it when ever you have access to a PC ( or wall outlet when used with a high mah adapter)
They save on batteries, and with a 901 PT, you get full 3.7v to 4v
With an 808 PT, you get 5 volts. (which needs cart to be topped off aot, and overheating will occur)

I warranty 30 days on all spare parts, so if the battery fails arounds a month,
I would be happy to replace.

smellrose

Jan 6, 2010
Detroit
The batteries can only take so many charges, around 300 cycles.
If you are using it alot and charging it 5+ times a day, that would go quick.

I usually go between 2 and only charge them once or twice a day...

Have you ever tried a Passthru?

Not really interested in a passthrough at this time. I guess my biggest concern is will the 901 battery act the same as the 4075 when it comes to the draw? I also have an 808 and some batteries have a harder draw than others. I just don't want to get the 901 and find it's too airy. Which is why I was curious about the "higher bridge" and if that means a lighter draw?

I warranty 30 days on all spare parts, so if the battery fails arounds a month,
I would be happy to replace.

Awesome!

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
I would say that the GP901 atom does not give a lighter draw to the dse901.
They are very close, and probably the GP901 has a slight harder draw.

I dont know where the RN4075 plays in with that.

The 808 batteries normall have ajust a bit more airflow, but when those holes ob the batt threads clog up, they tend to have a harder draw.
You can unclog them with a toothpick or other means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread