Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Post in thread 'Eleaf GS Air Fan' by GranFumador has been reported by Bikenstein. Reason given:
language referring to the "other" smoke

Content being reported:
Drives me nuts to sit and watch a movie and know what's going to happen because it fits a formula.
Hard to find flicks outside that boundry...but when I do!
. Check to see if YouTube or some movie site has Antonioni's Blowup. 1960s.
Based on a three or four page short story by an incredible Argentine writer, Julio Cortázar. Way outside the boundaries. When I was teaching Latin American literature, before the screwdriver was inventd, I used to have my students read it, then watch the film. In the jargon of the times, it blew their minds, which were already tie dyed, stoned, and otherwise open to anything.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Conversation Message in 'Rule Reminder - Inappropriate Content' by sonicdsl has been reported by sonicdsl. Reason given:
for report

Content being reported:
GranFumador,

Your message (Eleaf GS Air Fan) contains inappropriate content:
Drives me nuts to sit and watch a movie and know what's going to happen because it fits a formula.
Hard to find flicks outside that boundry...but when I do!
. Check to see if YouTube or some movie site has Antonioni's Blowup. 1960s.
Based on a three or four page short story by an incredible Argentine writer, Julio Cortázar. Way outside the boundaries. When I was teaching Latin American literature, before the screwdriver was inventd, I used to have my students read it, then watch the film. In the jargon of the times, it blew their minds, which were already tie dyed, stoned, and otherwise open to anything.

Please do not discuss content of this nature on our site. This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Forum Rules | E-Cigarette Forum

Why we don't allow drug talk | E-Cigarette Forum

10. Misconduct
a. These are not permitted -
  • Flaming (insults).
  • Criticising or complaining about a Moderator, or how the site is run, except via PM (private message).
  • Discussion or mention of illegal/illicit drugs or sexual content.
  • Posting of vulgar videos.
  • Obscene or vulgar language.
  • Trying to place offensive text in a post by evading the forum's built-in word censor, using symbols or alternative letters for example.
  • Multiple identities/accounts: each member is allowed only one account on the ECF Forums. This also applies to Facebookers (one account only on ECF).
  • Spamming for post count (placing meaningless posts) is against the rules.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
FTR... the poodle:
v8rMUAS.png

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Conversation Message in 'Rule Reminder - Inappropriate Content' by GranFumador has been reported by sonicdsl. Reason given:

Content being reported:
GranFumador,

Your message (Eleaf GS Air Fan) contains inappropriate content:

Please do not discuss content of this nature on our site. This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Forum Rules | E-Cigarette Forum

Why we don't allow drug talk | E-Cigarette Forum

10. Misconduct
a. These are not permitted -
  • Flaming (insults).
  • Criticising or complaining about a Moderator, or how the site is run, except via PM (private message).
  • Discussion or mention of illegal/illicit drugs or sexual content.
  • Posting of vulgar videos.
  • Obscene or vulgar language.
  • Trying to place offensive text in a post by evading the forum's built-in word censor, using symbols or alternative letters for example.
  • Multiple identities/accounts: each member is allowed only one account on the ECF Forums. This also applies to Facebookers (one account only on ECF).
  • Spamming for post count (placing meaningless posts) is against the rules.
Hello Sonicdsl,
I take your point. It hadn't occurred to me that a reference to college student behavior in the 1960s would be understood as "drug talk". On reflection, given the
current political environment, I can see that some people might (intentionally?) mistake an accurate historical portrayal with some sort of advocacy.
I will make a strenuous effort to adhere to the rules in future posts. If you have not already edited the post, I will.

Best regards,
Brian

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Conversation Message in 'Rule Reminder - Inappropriate Content' by GranFumador has been reported by sonicdsl. Reason given:
for report

Content being reported:
The point is not the context, it's the word 'stoned'. Please read the link I provided labeled "Why We Don't Allow Drug Talk".

By the way, the poodle can stay if you shrink it, as can the fish. But I just noticed the fish is also 150x150... still over the 65 permitted.

Thanks!
Yes, I read the linked material, and understand the total prohibition against the word.
We agree on the substance of your objection. I will shrink the fish. With your permission that will happen early tomorrow. I don't have the tools to adjust the size on this device, but I'll be able to use a real computer no later than 7:30 am, if that's ok.

Thanks again,
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread