Grants VC-Different PG/VG Blends

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Im a huge Grants addict. Wasn't at first, it was one of the first custards I tried and I found it bleh. I tried more and more, and slowly became a custard fanatic, to the point where I vape custard 24/7. I vape other stuff too.. I usually have like 4-6 devices setup at any one time, but one is ALWAYS a custard, and for a while now, its been always Grants.

I have always bought the 50-50.. the original. I DO like a heavier VG blend generally, though I dont prefer 100%.. I like around 60-75%.. but for grants I always stick with 50-50, because its great.

I recently bought some of the 100% VG, direct from Grant.

It is lighter than my 50-50 grants bottles, and I gotta say.. The flavor is not the same to me on the same setup(s) I vape the 50-50 on.

Now. I have a good stock of 50-50, so Im always vaping a decent'y aged bottle. The 100% VG just has whatever grant pre-ages before he sends, plus maybe a week. Its definitely not the same as it is.

I guess my question is this. Have any of you PAPS fanatics vaped the 100% VG GVC with a decent age on it, and if yes, what is your opinion of it? Im more then willing to just put it away for a while and vape the other stuff Ive got, but if it never becomes the awesome GVC I crave..idk..

Any info is appreciated. And yes, I know this is a juice forum question, but I wanna get the opinion of fellow PAPSHEADS first before venturing into the open auditorium of the general juice forum.. eeekk! Thanks in advance fellas and ladies!

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    www.vapourart.com
    Im a huge Grants addict. Wasn't at first, it was one of the first custards I tried and I found it bleh. I tried more and more, and slowly became a custard fanatic, to the point where I vape custard 24/7. I vape other stuff too.. I usually have like 4-6 devices setup at any one time, but one is ALWAYS a custard, and for a while now, its been always Grants.

I have always bought the 50-50.. the original. I DO like a heavier VG blend generally, though I dont prefer 100%.. I like around 60-75%.. but for grants I always stick with 50-50, because its great.

I recently bought some of the 100% VG, direct from Grant.

It is lighter than my 50-50 grants bottles, and I gotta say.. The flavor is not the same to me on the same setup(s) I vape the 50-50 on.

Now. I have a good stock of 50-50, so Im always vaping a decent'y aged bottle. The 100% VG just has whatever grant pre-ages before he sends, plus maybe a week. Its definitely not the same as it is.

I guess my question is this. Have any of you PAPS fanatics vaped the 100% VG GVC with a decent age on it, and if yes, what is your opinion of it? Im more then willing to just put it away for a while and vape the other stuff Ive got, but if it never becomes the awesome GVC I crave..idk..

Any info is appreciated. And yes, I know this is a juice forum question, but I wanna get the opinion of fellow PAPSHEADS first before venturing into the open auditorium of the general juice forum.. eeekk! Thanks in advance fellas and ladies!

I've used GVC Heavy matured for a period of time, but my taste buds prefer the 50/50 version. I have a GVC 100% VG which I will try the next week and I'll share my opinion.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Cool, thanks man.

I did a fresh build and put only the 100vg GVC on it. Once the first couple draws are done and that slight cotton taste goes away, I think I have to say that, its noticably less full on flavor. Time will tell if that is because its fresher, or because its VG.

I look forward to your thoughts Sir.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 23, 2012
    Western MA
    I can say this. We vape as many juices as we can with as pure a VG as we can. We vaped GVC 50/50 for a little while and had an opportunity to try the VG heavy and pure VG. At first it seemed a little "off". The bottle went into a dark area and was not touched for a while. After some steeping and aging, we find it absolutely delicious. No joke. Is it different? Yes. But to us we prefer the VG.
    Keep in mind that the lack of presence of PG will likely impact what you taste, see, and feel. It's not as hard on the throat as any juice with PG. ITS A "softer" vape. A "sweeter" vape.
    Steep it and let it age some. Then try it again. :)

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Im slowly coming around on this 100% vg GVC.

Im going to chalk it up to it being fresher than I was used too, and possibly the wick I first tried it on being out of wack.

Ive been vaping it since my last post a couple days ago, two fresh re-wicks, and have ONLY dripped the 100VG.

Its definitely coming around to the grants I know.

I think the 50-50 has a richer taste right now, but I would imagine you'd all agree, seeing how much darker the 50-50 bottles I have are than the 100vg bottles.

It just totally caught me off guard at first because it was NOT grants. I also would bet if I didn't have both to compare literally side by side, Id have a much harder time telling the difference.

I would bet that once my 100VG bottles get to the color that my 50-50 bottles are now, it'll be as close as they can be. Without knowing that for certain, when it comes to buying again, this is my current stance..

I OF COURSE will buy GVC again and again.. I dont have an "all day vape" that is one singular liquid, but GVC is the closest to it.
    Ill go for the 50-50 first if its available, but I have no hesitation buying the 100VG in the same quantity. And though I haven't tried it, the ~75vg/VG Heavy blend is probably the same thing.

jrs99

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    King George, VA
    I've actually got a bottle of VG heavy and 100% VG GVC coming in the mail today that I picked up from the classifieds.
    I've been vaping some of the heavy already and it's pretty good. Then again my taste is off anyways.
    I figure I ADV Boba's so I'm used to 100%VG.
    Some good info here, thanks for posting this :)

jrs99

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    King George, VA
    My taste is still all eff'd up. So once I find a flavor that's good which is kinda rare for me, I stick with it.
    As of now I only have 3 flavors. Boba's, Moonglow and now GVC.
    Ya know I've never had any problems getting Boba's. It's always been in stock, my only thing was trying to catch it on sale.
    100ml bottles for me about once a month or so.

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    Interesting read, thanks. I too rotate a lot of different liquids every single day and night, may have as many as 7-8 mods on-line at the same time to do so, and extra toppers running that I switch on those mods. Excessive I know, but that and a palate cleansing liquid in one of them helps me with vapors tongue since I pretty much vape 24/7.

My search for a custard, to find out if I even liked custards, started about a year ago with a couple from Yaeliq - Yellow Custard and Custard Nipple. Both highly hyped as his most popular at the time. They rated so far below zero for me that I thought custards were just not my thing. And the YC spoiled to jet black way before I used much of it out of the 90ml bottle. I still have 2/3's of the CN, it has not spoiled, is still not my thing but I am dripping it sometimes. Eventually I decided to try custards again, but with some of the hyped custards from longer established labs instead of from a new comer. First up was all four from Bryce's. I dripped them over about 4 months to see where they went, and again nothing to get excited about, none of them. As they aged and near the end of each of them the Cannoli and Pudding finally showed some promise, the Custard and Cake never did. Again, I thought custards are not my thing. Then a couple of months ago I tried a couple more highly hyped ones from Nicoticket, Creme Brulle and CLS. The CB about the time I ran out of it became a maybe, but nothing to get excited about. The CLS was a zero and the half bottle of it I still have is still not much to me. I almost bought some 24 from Interstate as well (may or may not if the GVC doesn't work out).

My first go with GVC was a 50ml bought from Perseas last May. It was 50/50 with Grant's 3 week presteep plus however long VA had it and shipping time. Didn't do much for me at first or for weeks in my RDA's or Herons. I learned in part my fault appartently for running it with only sub ohm coils (.5-.7) when I heard Grant rec's coils in the 1.8 ohm range for it. I paid heed up to a point and tried 1.2 and 1.7 builds with it in my Herons, 1.2 in the RDA's. Slowly it came around for me, but was better in the RDA's than the Herons. About the time the bottle was running dry it started to be something in the Herons as well. Some of that might have been my learning curve setting up my Herons though. So I assumed, for me anyway, the custards need to have a long steep... long enough to fully develop but not so long as to let them break down like the Yaeliq YC did way too fast. I have a UC and can fast age any eliquid, used it with all of my DIY, with some I buy, but not with any of the custards. Instead I am trying to do them like those that hype them are... other than maybe that I also keep them in the refridgerator like I do with all large bottles of eliquid (and PG/VG for DIY - the Nic in the freezer).

So where I am now is I have 100ml bottles of all three mixes of GVC in cold storage that I've done the aging on for a month now the old way - so they all have something over 2 months of aging. It's about time to break them out, portion some of all three into smaller glass bottles and start trying them out. When I do I'll probably dedicate 3 Herons and 3 RDA's, all with approx 1.8 ohm coils to the 3 mixes for the initial testing over 2-3-4 days, then maybe again down the road some a couple of times. With that maybe I'll finally know which mix I'd prefer, whether GVC will remain in my rotations at all, and if it is whether it will be for the Herons or RDA's or both. If not and I do decide to buy some 24, it will be the last custard I will ever try out.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    Personal taste is personal.

I guess I just dont care for the 100vg blend. Its just not the same as the 50-50 for me. Oh well. That may change in time.

I will say though, just to add info to the thread, I only subohm my GVC. Well, everything really.. but like, I dont specially build a higher build for GVC. I run it on the same .32 Dual coil I run most of the time.

Ive been screwing around with my Hana modz V3, doing 1.3-1.6ohm single coil builds and running full 30watts.. seeing what the fuss is in the high ohm cloud world. Tried the GVC in there the other day.. meh. FOR ME, builds of that range run at uber high wattage, might blow clouds like subohm dual coils, but they dont taste or feel the same. I dont subohm for clouds, I vape how I do for dense lung fill and moist moist vapor. The high watage/low res builds seem to lack in that area(they do throw some big vapor though if thats your thing)

I guess there is no messing with the original. 50-50GVC. Ha.. I should break out some Silica, the TRUE GVC wick :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread