Great forum - THank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

at1rest

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Hello and welcome to the forum Steve. Glad to have you here!:)

Thank you Susan-S. Glad to join.

-------
Maybe some one can clear up a bit of a mystery for me?

I just bought an Iclear 30b off of eBay and noticed that the head that came with it only has 2 wicks as opposed to the 4 staggered wicks that seem to be the typical head for the 30b.
Please see image:

P1060372.jpg

It worked fine for 3 days... no complaints, and I'd have put it back in after cleaning
(trying different juices so hot water bath and blow dry with hair dryer and dry burn in between different flavors)
but I already had a 5 pack of the normal looking 4 staggered wicks kind and I just wanted to ask about this.
It's marked 2.1 ohms and reads 1.9 in my Vamo V5 ... well ... so does the new official one.

I'm not noticing a performance difference with the new 4 wick head either, still no complaints,
but I'm almost always below 3.5 V and most always take it easy on the draw.

Any thoughts on this are welcome.

Thank you!

Steve

at1rest

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA USA
More on the heads from this vendor:

I had already ordered a second iclear 30b from the same vendor and it arrived to day with the same kind of 2 wick head in it,
BUT
initial test shows it reading at 3.0 ohms and it's supposed to be 2.1 ohms.
I tested with no juice in the tank. Is that possibly why I got the wrong ohms reading?

Am I correct to assume it takes more voltage to drive a higher ohm coil to the same level of heat?

Do you think the 3.0 ohm reading is an indication of it being a defective coil and should I just replace it with a new 4 wick version?
I have 9 unused new heads now since my order for an other 5 pack arrived today also.

Thanks for the input!

Steve

UPDATE: Added juice vaped a few hits and it now reads as 2.1 ohms so all is good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread