Great Lakes Flavours

Status
Not open for further replies.

br4d

May 13, 2015
I threw their fried dough and vbic in an order a while back when they were first released. Those two didn't seem to jive well with me at all. Tried a few different single flavor tests and just got a weird soapy kind of note from both of them. Anyone else try those two flavors with any success?

How is their biscuit flavor? Any better than JF or inw? Worth trying out?

Reactions: ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
I threw their fried dough and vbic in an order a while back when they were first released. Those two didn't seem to jive well with me at all. Tried a few different single flavor tests and just got a weird soapy kind of note from both of them. Anyone else try those two flavors with any success?

How is their biscuit flavor? Any better than JF or inw? Worth trying out?

It's not better than INW Biscuit. It's actually quite similar but somewhat weaker - I use it at double the strength of INW.
ie; if I would normally use INW at 2% I will use GLF at 4%.

If you already have INW and JF then you're not missing anything here.

br4d

May 13, 2015
It's not better than INW Biscuit. It's actually quite similar but somewhat weaker - I use it at double the strength of INW.
ie; if I would normally use INW at 2% I will use GLF at 4%.

If you already have INW and JF then you're not missing anything here.
hmm, i might have to pick it up in the future. Most canadian vendors dont seem to carry JF biscuit which i really want to try. And INW is one of my all time favs but it can be pricey and only certain places seem to carry it. Much easier to find GLF biscuit up here and seems to be cheaper as well. worth a try if its as good as inw at a bit more of a percentage.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
hmm, i might have to pick it up in the future. Most canadian vendors dont seem to carry JF biscuit which i really want to try. And INW is one of my all time favs but it can be pricey and only certain places seem to carry it. Much easier to find GLF biscuit up here and seems to be cheaper as well. worth a try if its as good as inw at a bit more of a percentage.

Yup, true 'nuff. GLF Biscuit is similar but not the same and to me, not as good as INW Biscuit.

BTW, I buy all my Inawera directly from Poland now - even with shipping it's half the price of what vendors sell it for here in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread