Greetings from Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubito

Oct 4, 2019
Magdeburg, Germany
Hallo!
At first I just want to introduce myself.
I am pleased to have found this forum website cause I hope to get contacts to many vapers out of my country Germany - in the USA, Kanada, England, perhaps in Asia ... everywhere in the world!

Te reason is: I mean we vapers have the same problems all over the world and this problems will increase: More and more countries forbid vaping or they drastically restrict it.
India, Israel, Malaysia, Singapore, Turkey, some states of the USA (p. e. Massachusetts), and so on.
My intention is to learn about the problems of the people in other countries and to see in which ways they handle with them.

In Germany where vaping is still allowed, we are in fear that the example of some states of the USA to ban flavors, will enter the EU within the next few years. So many vapers have joined together and founded an interest community. We hope we be able to influence politics.

Please excuse me if my English is not very well ... I hope to learn more by corresponding with you ;-)

I am very happy about answers!
Best regards from Germany!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! I hope Germany remains smarter than the US and doesn't increase regulation. There you have the TPD in place, so access to something is still assured (the 2 ml tank thing still seems silly).

Here we are waiting for the final FDA implementation of their approval process. Based on current wording it will essentially eliminate everything other than a cigalike pod systems from BT. But we're all fighting this together.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Dubito

Oct 4, 2019
Magdeburg, Germany
There you have the TPD in place, so access to something is still assured (the 2 ml tank thing still seems silly).
Fortunately it is not correct that we are limited on tanks up to 2 ml.
Volume of atomizers is not limited. But if we want to buy nicotine wie only get it in little bottles with volume of 10 ml with concentrate of 10 mg/ml max.

Here we are waiting for the final FDA implementation of their approval process. Based on current wording it will essentially eliminate everything other than a cigalike pod systems from BT. But we're all fighting this together.
That sounds very interesting! Since any time I am wondering what ist the strategy oft the tobacco industry and I guess it is to find a way to criminalize all other systems - our open systems.
Please, can you explain in which way it will be possible to keep open the market for BT but close for our open systems like RTA and else?
You suppose that open vape systems will be declared as dangerous while pod systems will be considered as safe? Ist it like this?

And, at last, do you see any possibility to fight against?

Our community is gathering stories: We collect stories vom vapers. At first lucky stories, vapers tell their change from smoking to vaping, they report the improving of their health by vaping after quit smoking, how easy this way was, and the report the lucky feeling today.
The other stories are sad: People report their experiences with other people who did not change and how their illness increased ... and some people died by tobacco smoke. In Germany (population 80 mio) every year 120,000 people die by tobacco smoke.

I am wondering, if the US government bans vaping - why they don't ban tabacco before? Is it logical? No, I guess, it is only the interest oft tobacco and pharma industry. And, maybe, the interest of a government that act only for show, without watching the consequences.
If people are forced to buy flavors on black market, the consequences will be dramatically.

Last question: From which state do yo come fram?

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Dubito

Oct 4, 2019
Magdeburg, Germany
I, too, hope Germany remains reasonable. The USA has lost its mind, and nobody should follow our lead right now. Someone ought to unplug this country and plug it back in, see if that works.
Yes. But they are not only the USA. Apparently there are many countries a little bit crazy about vaping. Do all parties so about vaping?
Why are the scientists not be listened to? For example the studies of the Public Health of England.

• Agree
Reactions: DeloresRose

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread