Greetings Organic Meatbags

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
This is HK-47, the Master's most faithful and valuable assassin droid.

You may relax, I'm not here to assassinate any of you particular meatbags. At least, not today.

Instead, the purpose of this inquiry is to eliminate a habit which has detracted from my overall assassination functionality. I have been a smoker for nearly 20 years, on average about a pack a day, and this is proving to be detrimental to my overall performance.

Optional upgrades to include: Less noticeable odor (increased stealth capacity), copious clouds of vapor (potentially useable to blind marked targets), improved stamina, and further research into stealth technologies as well as enhanced physical capacities.

While nothing will quite replace a 10 kilometer killer, I am interested in alternatives as I am always eager to increase my armaments and operational capacity.

For providing assistance in this matter, this unit will agree not to *prematurely* end any of your limited organic lives, or otherwise harm any of your squishy organic parts in any way not agreed to in some previous manner. Unless I change my mind, of course.

:)

I hope if any of you were confused by that, that you possess the wisdom to useth the Googleth to find out who HK-47 is and then it will make some sense. If you're not a Star Wars fan and know who HK-47 is.

A bit of background on me:

I've been roughly a pack-ish a day smoker since about 16 (I know). I've experimented a small bit with Blu and a few of the very noted lesser performance models of e-cigs in the past. Recently, looking at turning 35 and in the midst of an early mid-life crisis......I've decided to take the plunge on several aspects. I've already begun altering my diet to eat a bit healthier, am starting to drink more water more regularly to cut out the sodas, and I want to get off the analogs either mostly or preferably completely.

As particular to my e-cig experience thus far...I have used some of the Blu disposables and found them satisfactory enough (especially menthol, and I'm not a menthol smoker) and have owned the Blu Original Starter Kit as well as the Premium 100.

When I bought the Blu starter kit, it was still relatively new tech (2009/10). The battery life was horribly short but other than that I didn't actually mind it too much. The cigs were roughly the same size as a normal analog and only a little bit heavier. They were mostly satisfying, different but enough that I actually quit the analogs entirely for about a month and some change except that I was always recharging the damn batteries. The PCC made that much more convenient, as I often had a new battery 'ready enough' to go.

Then......I saw that Blu came out with the Premium 100 kit. Since I was *mostly* satisfied well enough with the regular Blu I decided to "upgrade" to the Premium 100 since it touted longer battery life with larger cartos that offered about 100 puffs more. Long story short, nothing but problems. Some cartos (and even entire carto packs) did not work. Some worked with one battery and not another, others tasted burnt straight away and that did not go away after letting them settle, etc.

Thankfully, I saved at least some money because I got discounts on the kit, but it was still mostly wasted money. I liked their regular menthol and tobacco flavors well enough, but the rest were either meh or rather bad in my humble opinion. Between the seemingly short battery life and the faulty/bad tasting cartos I was VERY disappointed.

So as I'm sure has happened before, I fell back to analogs. I smoked them again for quite some time (2 years? Maybe?) before now I'm getting the itch to vape again. I remember it being in some ways more satisfying and some ways less. I do remember that for a time I was quite happy with Blu (in my ignorance of course) and that for at least a month I was smoke-free and pretty much didn't miss it at all (or very little.)

I started looking around to see what newer advancements in tech were available, as this particular HK-47 unit loves to be informed on the most up to date technologies available. I was pleased to note there were quite a few more vendors than in the past, and a VERY wide array of devices and accessories available. After watching some video reviews of several e-cigs on Youtube and reading a few other sites, I decided a bit impulsively to order the Halo G6 kit. It should be arriving in the mail any day now (ordered on Friday, shipped same day, should probably arrive tomorrow or the next day most likely.) I read quite a few good reviews about Halo most notably that their shipping was fast, and the juices were very tasty and satisfying.

My primary concern is that seeing as they are a mini e-cig battery style with the 280 mAh batteries, that I'll be in somewhat the same boat as Blu, except perhaps with better tasting juice and perhaps more reliable cartos. I bought this knowing full well this was going to be a 'reintroduction' to e-cigs and the tech, and the price tag of about $55 for the starter kit didn't seem too bad given the many positive reviews I read and vids I watched. Even if I swap somewhat to something else it's probably likely I'll keep my Halo kit either as a backup or pass it on to someone else to try out.

This all comes about of course because I'm currently re-evaluating my habits, life status, assassination capabilities, and detrimental behavior patterns to eliminate any potential threats to optimum performance. This of course would be a waste of my genius engineering.

Your assistance in this matter is not optional, meatbags. You will offer premium advice on selected upgrades and varieties of selections so that I may choose an optimal array of devices to assist in my primary functionalty. Which is still assassination, with a strong tendency toward vaping during downtime or stalking of chosen prey.

HK-47: Commentary: I say we blast the meatbag and save you the trouble, master.
Tanis Venn: What's with all the droids, lately? My wife get to you too?
HK-47: Negative. I just don't like organic meatbags. Except for the master, of course.

Last edited:

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
Currently, I will probably keep the Halo G6 kit I've ordered as a backup and spare/swap unit. I am much more interested in something I can be able to vape on more heavily when I'm stationary without any current meatbags to dispose of.

I am primarily interested in upgrades to stationary functionality which will be more convenient and last longer when I am stationary between assassination targets. I've done some investigation into the variable volt unit circuitry and perhaps it would suffice.

Those of you meatbags with expertise and comparison knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of pass-through devices, variable volt and other long-lasting devices should feel free to offer up your knowledge.

Those of you with further knowledge of the advantage/disadvantage curve of different options such as the tank systems, rebuildable atomizers, and other more stationary units should also volunteer your information. It will be less painful. Mostly. I promise.

Current specification desires are as follows (in order, of course meatbags):

1) Nicotine satisfaction (throat hit less of a concern, true flavor and nic satisfaction more of a concern).

2) Battery life and/or constant recharge option. I'm definitely in the market for a unit that will keep up and be satisfying when I'm using the computer as I do often when not out mangling organic meatbags. Either a very long lasting battery that charges overnight, or a pass-through style unit that works well seems sufficient provided it isn't too expensive.

3) Quality. I'd much prefer not to deal with a fly-by-night company even if I have to pay a bit more. Knowing most of this is relatively new tech I've already seen some good offerings but I am always willing to expand my options. Seeing as this seems to be a high-activity board with people who have experimented with a lot, I would appreciate some of your knowledge about the things that work well and don't.

4) Maintenance. I'm a gadget guy so I don't mind dismantling a bit and getting my hands dirty and experimenting with things. That being said, however, I don't have thousands of dollars lying around for buying every new thing out there and trying it out. I doubt I'd mind filling and cleaning a tank-style system, but am unsure of the advantages that it may have over other types.

Revan: I don't think "killee" is a word...
HK-47: Exclamation: Damn it, Master! I am an assassination droid, not a dictionary!

boardopboy

MustachioedMechModManiac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Castle Grayskull
While most of your post confuses and scares me... I do applaud the unique nature of it!

Halo is a strong choice for your re-assimilation. The G6 is a strong device, their cartos are top notch, and their juice is pretty much unrivalled. Though there are other vendors with some excellent juice.

Looking forward, you'll want to look into ego twists and something like a Vivi or T3 tank.

Welcome back. I hope I have removed myself from your hit list.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
er.. well, You could always go the route of the VAMO... I have called it an ASP Baton with built in Tazer and Smoke screening device....
Adding a Smoketech UDCT (Upgraded Dual Coil Tank) of either chrome or gun metal chrome to your chosen device is also nice!!

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
Wow...I was not expecting replies that fast....

You meatbags certainly are on top of your game. I applaud you. Continue and you may one day begin to approach a fraction of my level of genius engineering.

(Please if you thought that post was strange/creepy, look up a Youtube vid of HK-47 quotes or something. Very humorous and somewhat twisted assassination droid in a few of the Star Wars games like Knights of the Old Republic. LOTS of amusing commentary.)

On a specification question, upon browsing this unique distillation of what seems to be pretty accurate information about e-cigs....knowing I'm about a pack a day smoker of 'lights' how much might I be able to expect out of the Halo? I bought it knowing it's not going to be the full answer, but more with the intention of getting me 'back into the game' while I researched a few longer lasting options, as well as to have a somewhat decent one that I can use while at work or on the go. I fully intend on investing in another unit to use while at home and vaping in a more stationary environment.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Terminator 6 dizzy-smiley-emoticon.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
@jerseyrob

This unit is powered with a triple-fusion multi-core hydrogen cell. Power is not an issue, only portable power for alternative devices not augmented to function directly in line with this unit's originally assigned assassination protocols and hardware.

Tesla units are are very 19th century. I was looking for more recent technologies.

Mercenary: There's something out there... it got the other submersible already.
HK-47: Suggestion: Perhaps we could dismember the organic? It would make it easier for transport to the surface.
Mercenary: Hey! Y-you... you can't rip me to pieces! I'll die!
HK-47: Amendment: I did forget that. Stupid, frail, non-compartmentalized meatbags!

Amendment: Your contribution was more satisfactory than expected, jerseyrob. Here I was being archaic thinking you were talking about the original Tesla coils :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread