Gurgling and spitback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a very merry Christmas ;)

So, last night I rewicked my RTA and everything was working fine. I refilled the tank and it continued working just fine. The two juices I used were by Dinner Lady. Then just a few minutes ago I decided to refill the tank but this time with some Jam Monster (75vg/25pg) and immediately I get gurgling, it feels like there’s just so much juice in the coil and I burnt my tongue big time with loads of spit back. I don’t get it. I’ve already tried some tricks from videos but none are really working. I need your help guys :cry:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
If you have wicked it properly, or at least good enough, I would suggest the following:

Grab a tissue or paper towel, micro cloth.. what ever you use to clean up eliquid messes.
With a quick flicking motion, fling your vape in the down direction so that the drip tip faces the ground - forcing the eliquid out through the drip tip. Remember to Not let go of the vape.
Do this two or three times then wipe off anything still clinging on the drip tip.

I would also suggest you do this outside, if possible.

This should clear your chamber of excess eliquid. If you have properly wicked it, it should stay clear.
If it starts to flood again, try rewicking it.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
If you have wicked it properly, or at least good enough, I would suggest the following:

Grab a tissue or paper towel, micro cloth.. what ever you use to clean up eliquid messes.
With a quick flicking motion, fling your vape in the down direction so that the drip tip faces the ground - forcing the eliquid out through the drip tip. Remember to Not let go of the vape.
Do this two or three times then wipe off anything still clinging on the drip tip.

I would also suggest you do this outside, if possible.

This should clear your chamber of excess eliquid. If you have properly wicked it, it should stay clear.
If it starts to flood again, try rewicking it.

I’ve done that but because my tank has top airflow all the liquid comes out

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
It could be a change in temp or altitude, even weather can affect the pressure in the tank. I would try rewicking it. I know it can be a PITA at first.. it gets much better and easier. How long has it been since you rewicked and cleaned the coil? Or more importantly, how many ml's of juice have you gone through since last wicked? I go about a week usually, different tank than you use and different juice, so no real comparison. I do have to change how I wick for the seasons here though. I have to thin the tails more in the winter. if I travel through areas where altitude changes, i.e. Colorado, Tennessee, anywhere with mountains, expect some flooding.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Well I haven’t travelled since I got this tank like a week ago. Changes in temperature? Hmmm nope, it’s been the same for the last few weeks.

I cleaned and rewicked last night and I’ve gone through probably 5 or 6ml. I’ve tried using different wattage and I get the same result. Lots of gurgling. Like when you drink something through a straw and you make bubbles. Actually, I went up to 70w and it got worse.

I guess all I can do right now is get rid of this juice and fill the tank again

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Rewick it, something is off a little, or a seal isn't seated quite right. It shouldn't be flooding that soon.

Agreed. That's the only reason it can flood. It's a pain to break down, rinse, and rewick but it's the only cure. You might get away with flopping the tank, let the juice settle, carefully unscrew the bottom deck, take it and rinse and rewick, give the chamber a swab out with some paper towel and reassemble. That way you don't waste the juice already in the glass section. If it doesn't work, well you were going to dump it anyway. I frequently rewick that way on a tank in use without emptying it first.

And a merry Christmas!

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
I can’t save the juice because if I put it upside down it’s just going to come out through the top airflow. I didn’t even think that was a thing but I guess it means I can never take it with me without the juice spilling all over my bag.

I just cleaned the tank and everything. As soon as I opened it I noticed the coils themselves were full of juice all over and the deck itself had a lot of juice too. Is that normal?

• Optimistic

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I can’t save the juice because if I put it upside down it’s just going to come out through the top airflow. I didn’t even think that was a thing but I guess it means I can never take it with me without the juice spilling all over my bag.

I just cleaned the tank and everything. As soon as I opened it I noticed the coils themselves were full of juice all over and the deck itself had a lot of juice too. Is that normal?

What was the PG/VG ratio of the juice that didn't gurgle? Same, or ? Different mixes give different viscosities, and wick differently.

Perhaps too much wick in the tails, sounds like it may be drawing up too much. Thinning out the tails can help with that.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
What was the PG/VG ratio of the juice that didn't gurgle? Same, or ? Different mixes give different viscosities, and wick differently.

Perhaps too much wick in the tails, sounds like it may be drawing up too much. Thinning out the tails can help with that.

I think the culprit is something else. I tried this juice before already and it was just fine. The other juice was 70/30 so not much of a difference there.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
I agree, it's probably not the juice in this instance, just be aware even changes in brand or flavor can change viscosity even if the basic pg/vg is the same. Also, once you get the kinks worked out, you should be able to take it with you just as you would pretty much any other tank, with a few precautions.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I’ve done that but because my tank has top airflow all the liquid comes out

Just because it is a top air flow tank is no reason for the eliquid to come out if you flick the thing.
You have another problem then. Those are all I use myself.

As you say you keep rewicking, I suggest you're missing an o-ring or at least one is damaged.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The airflow is channeled into the chimney.
    Juice won't come out the air holes, by turning it upside down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread