Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If the novo came out after the infinix I suspect the primary difference between the two is you can’t rewick the pods. This has happened time and time again. A device comes out which becomes very popular because it has limited reusability. The company is annoyed that they have this huge customer base but they aren’t selling quite as many devices as they “should” so they change it and the thing completely dies off. Every time.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
Yes, the Novo came after the Infinix. It's the latest pod system by Smok. I guess, a very low percentage of pod users are interested to to re-wick their coils at all. I don't think there would be a measurable loss for the manufacturers.

A user on the FastTech forum mentioned that the Novo is even easier to re-wick than the Infinix. May be I got an updated version of the pod. Actually it was a pre-order. Had to wait almost a month.

• Agree

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
Pull it off with some pliers and chuck it in the bin, dont need it to use the pod.

I guess we mean something different. The base from my understanding is the metal part at the bottom of the pod. I need to remove it to gain access to the coil. But then I have to put together those 2 parts again. Because the other part is the tank with the mouth piece.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes, the Novo came after the Infinix. It's the latest pod system by Smok. I guess, a very low percentage of pod users are interested to to re-wick their coils at all. I don't think there would be a measurable loss for the manufacturers.
This has historically always been the case. None the less it seems to keep happening. There are numerous instances.
A user on the FastTech forum mentioned that the Novo is even easier to re-wick than the Infinix. May be I got an updated version of the pod. Actually it was a pre-order. Had to wait almost a month.
Hmm. No telling. Perhaps you will have luck with google or YouTube

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Some people say, Smok is low quality. This pod is rock solid :)
Most people say SMOK is low quality, their mods just don't last, some brick after a month some last a year. With a pod it might not be as bad.

In 6 years the only mod i've had brick was SMOK.

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
Dont need the metal part to use pod.

Finally I rewicked the pod. It's actually quite easy and done in no time. I burnt off the gunk of the coil with a windproof lighter. That worked very well. Wicking was easy too. The inner diameter of the pre-installed coil is exactly 2mm.

The only thing I did wrong was not to take out the rubber chimney. After I put the bottom of the pod with the coil and cotton back into the pod, the chimney didn't seal the tank properly. That resulted in flooding the tank and leaking trough the air hole at the bottom of the pod. So, pull out the rubber chimney, slide it in the base and put back all together into the pod. Perfect.

I didn't put back the metal part. As you said, It's not needed. However, I will keep then.

Thanks guys for your help. I'm sure this will help others too.

Reactions: Foggy Road
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread