Halo E-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered the halo triton starter kit! has anyone here invested in this? we also ordered the tobacco sampler kit. We are bridging off of Marlboro mediums (hubby) and Newport 100s menthol (me).

We both sadly to say smoke due to ... well at least in my case, boredom... stress relief... more boredom.

How has switching to an e-cig been for you? and who has tried this one and loved it or have any advice/opinions? :)

Lady Ruger

Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Southern Utah
Just ordered the halo triton starter kit! has anyone here invested in this? we also ordered the tobacco sampler kit. We are bridging off of Marlboro mediums (hubby) and Newport 100s menthol (me).

We both sadly to say smoke due to ... well at least in my case, boredom... stress relief... more boredom.

How has switching to an e-cig been for you? and who has tried this one and loved it or have any advice/opinions? :)

My hubby and I both fought giving up smoking more due to stress and as you say boredom. Fortunately, we started with vaping and the stress is still there, BUT, I am so much happier to NOT be smoking those nasty things! I enjoy using my ecig more than I ever did with the cigarettes! As I have heard others on this Forum, it is actually turning into a type of hobby! Looking for new rigs, and new flavors is right now a little overwhelming, but is also fun! THIS FORUM is a great place and helps make it fun! There is a lot to learn, but with the great people I have met on here, I am really getting into this and do not miss smoking analogs at all! I am looking forward to stepping down the amount of Nicotine and actually can't wait till I'm at Zero! I also like that I am already seeing some health benefits and have already noticed that I can taste food again!
Just give it time, and talk to a lot of the people on here THEY help a LOT! I don't understand a lot of the terminology, but it is nice that there is a place on here where you can find out what something is and understand what they are talking about! I spend a lot of time just reading aout different things and learn so much! I hope you and your hubby do too!

eckszero

Jan 13, 2014
United States
I honestly struggled a lot with quitting in the past. I used to run a tank setup and tried things like the blu. I couldn't stay quit for more than 3 days using that kind of stuff. This last time I was really having a hard time until a friend recommended that I try a more serious set up. I got set up with a mechanical mod running a rebuildable dripping atomizer. The vapor production was HUGE compared to anything I had ever tried. The hits were extremely satisfying and I can safely say it saved me from going back to smoking. Now I make my own juice and the cost of eliquid is so marginal it doesn't even matter. I wish you both the best of luck in your quitting!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Hi supermama0314 -- and Welcome to ECF!

The HALO Triton kit is an awesome way to kick the analogs: I started with FINS disposable for about a week, then began online researching into something better. I watched many YouTube reviews and read print reviews and made the decision that the HALO Triton kit was the best investment for me when upgrading to an "Ego" style kit. More than 8 months later, and I am happy to report that the HALO Triton Starter kit is still pumping out the vapor, still holding it's charge and recharging quickly, and still holding up with daily use.

I have grown as a vaper, have been cigarette free for nearly 9 months and I wouldn't be if it hadn't been for the HALO Triton kit. I would have been frustrated and most like gone back to smoking. But I continued to research and found other devices that kept me off cigarettes, began rebuilding coils and found even more vendors and flavors of elquid that I like as much as HALO eliquid (Try the Torque 56 now, but order some Voodoo in about a month). Vaping is a journey, we learn, we grow and we pass along that wisdom and gifts along the way.

If you have any questions, after you've made your 5th post in the new members forum, jump on over to the HALO forum if you have any questions or just to play a few games: Halo

Kezrak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
United States
I'm currently using my Halo Triton that I got a week ago as my first vaping setup. I'd honestly rather have ordered something like an eGo Twist with a glass tank. Don't get me wrong, the Triton and it's tanks do a wonderful job, but I'd love to try a ton of the juices that plastic tanks can't handle. That's why I'm ordering a twist and some Kanger's on Friday :D

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
I was a 3 pack a day Smoker so when I came off Cigs so I wanted (or thought I did) a juice that reminded me of tobacco. That was very hard to find as a lot of tobacco e-juices simply suck. I finally found an excellent one through our local B&M (brick and mortar) and the rest as they say is history....I really wish you the best of luck and encourage both you and your husband to fight for this like your life depends on it(it does) :) -Dave

Australe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
Dover, DE, USA
I'm using one of our new Tritons right now... full day #2 using it. Yesterday, I only smoked 2 analogs vs the normal 10-12. My PV should be here tomorrow, then hubby can have this second triton back. Yesterday morning I didn't like the triton, by last night I couldn't put it down. This I believe will be our last week smoking analogs and I am SO ready to be done with them!

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH

Welcome! I don't think you'll regret the Triton at all, and as someone else said, join us over on the halo threads once you've got your 5 posts.

I think you'll love your kit, I suggest if you're sharing just the one kit to plan on buying plenty more tanks and at least one more battery each. The money seems overwhelming at first but once you're set up with the right batteries and tanks for backups the cost seriously drops, then you're mostly buying juice

CykoDad

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Laurel, MD, USA

I started vaping two months ago on the Halo Triton starter kit. I absolutely loved it and it got me off the analogs a lot faster than I thought. The only downside that I found with the Triton SK was with the threading and the inability to use other tanks like the Protank II mini or iClear 16. Doing some searching on Google and on this forum I found out there is an adapter I could have purchased, but few retailers had them in stock, and by the time someone did have them in stock I was already considering going the VV/VW route. At two months into my vaping experience I've already started my journey into RBAs and am shopping around for a mechanical mod.

Considering how far I've gone into this journey in the short time that I've been doing this I do not regret the investment I made in the Halo Triton system at all. While they really only serve as backups now I will always be grateful for what they did for me in getting me off analogs.

For what I'm doing now with vaping and the direction it is taking me in my journey I might not buy another Halo battery or tank again, but I would definitely recommend them as a starting point for anyone who simply wants to quit analogs. The Triton SK is a very easy system to try out without having to figure out other aspects such as variable voltage or differences in tanks/atomizers while introducing you to the use of ejuice. You and your husband may find yourselves wanting more out of your vaping experience somewhere down the road, and this site is the perfect place to figure out your next steps and help guide you into the next phase of your journey. Until then, enjoy your Halo Triton, bone up on some readings here, ask all the questions you can think of, and above all...Happy Vaping :vapor:

Joe13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The Halo Triton was my first "serious" vape setup, after my obligatory Blu and disposable cigalike failures.

I haven't smoked since my Triton starter kit arrived in the mail. I opened the package, filled a tank from the tobacco sampler, let the wick soak for about 30 seconds, screwed it onto a battery, and began taking drags. I seem to remember the first drag or two being kinda weak, but after that, I was blowing plumes of vapor.

I promptly walked my remaining 1/2 pack of cigarettes outside to the trash can, and gave them an explicit hand gesture as I dumped them with yesterday's garbage, where they belonged. :) It felt pretty darned good to do that! Looking back, I just knew at the time that my new device would be satisfying. I had the desire to quit, but none of the tools I had tried (gum, patch, Chantix) worked up until this point.

I haven't even wanted a cigarette since that day. And I think that's really the key here. I enjoy vaping more than I ever enjoyed smoking, so I don't feel like I've "given something up". I've actually found something better, so there's no motivation whatsoever to go back.

I bought 4 Halo Triton starter kits as Solstice gifts for friends and family. One is down to 5 cigarettes per day, the other three have quit completely.

I think you made a great choice with the Halo Triton.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
My story is exactly similar to Joe15. Bought it early October 2013, and it has not been out of my sight since then!

I recommend the Triton highly. It's simple, works superb, works after months, looks good, and most important, satisfies. I will never smoke again, and I thank Halo for that.

And supermamma0314, just for you, here is a special 10% off coupon for Halo ejuices:

ECFTEN2014

The rest of you can use ECFTEN2014 good for any ecf member for 10% off Halo's superb eliquids.

Using a Triton won't make you a wiseass, but it keeps this wiseass very happy and fully satisfied.

Fittytigsic

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
Welcome! I as well started on the halo starter kit and really really liked it. At that time it was so high tech to me and I thought it was the best thing ever. Like CykoDad said, most people decide to move up from the halo kit. Your tank options are very limited and so is your juice. I look back on it, and wish I had just saved up the money to buy a really nice setup from the start. I literally would have saved hundreds of dollars. Everyone is different though….some people just like it for the fact that they are no longer smoking and what they have works good enough for them. Personally I also have found it a really interesting hobby too by building my own stuff, trying out many different tanks and other things(Rebuildable atomizers and cartomizers)…ect But congratulations on quitting that is great. I originally purchased an ecig just because I couldn't smoke everywhere I went and I hated always smelling like it. Now I don't even have the urge to smoke…id much rather taste banana and blackberry than tar and tar….

And CykoDad!^ try out the SS Magneto for a mechanical mod! You can get it on trianglevape.com for only 39 dollars or something like that.SS Magneto - Triangle Vape LLC There isn't a spring with the fire button on the bottom…it just works by magnets :blink: i play with the magnets on it all the time…It works great with my 1 ohm octopus setup and I love it!

Papajohns

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
LB, CA, USA
I was a pack-a-day smoker for about 5 years. I tried the blu cigs but they did not satisfy at all. I wrote ecigs off, I didn't think they were a viable alternative to smoking. Then I tried my friend's Ego w/ protank setup, and I was blown away. I bought myself the same set up and quit smoking within 2 weeks. Been smoke free for 6 months now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread