Hana Modz Stripped Threads :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsdntbplr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Northamptonshire, England, UK
I've had a Hana V3 for just over two weeks before I noticed my drippers weren't really screwing in properly. I decided to ignore it and hoped that it would be okay (stupid idea) and a few days later realised that the threads were almost completely stripped. Just yesterday I sent into back into the UK Authorised Dealer I purchased it from (Midlands vaping) as it was still obviously under the 90 day warranty.

They emailed today and said that they received the mod and that they will have to contact Hana as they haven't ever encountered the issue before. A couple of days before I actually sent it back, I emailed to ensure that it was actually covered under warranty and they said that it will be. However, the fact that they don't seem to have had it happen before worries me and now I'm doubting I'm going to get it repaired/replaced under warranty at all.

What is the normal procedure for this? If they refuse to repair/replace the unit, is there any way that I can repair it myself - if that means removing the old 510 connector and installing a new one I guess I'm up for the challenge, as there is no other alternative for me at that stage.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I've had a Hana V3 for just over two weeks before I noticed my drippers weren't really screwing in properly. I decided to ignore it and hoped that it would be okay (stupid idea) and a few days later realised that the threads were almost completely stripped. Just yesterday I sent into back into the UK Authorised Dealer I purchased it from (Midlands Vaping) as it was still obviously under the 90 day warranty.

They emailed today and said that they received the mod and that they will have to contact Hana as they haven't ever encountered the issue before. A couple of days before I actually sent it back, I emailed to ensure that it was actually covered under warranty and they said that it will be. However, the fact that they don't seem to have had it happen before worries me and now I'm doubting I'm going to get it repaired/replaced under warranty at all.

What is the normal procedure for this? If they refuse to repair/replace the unit, is there any way that I can repair it myself - if that means removing the old 510 connector and installing a new one I guess I'm up for the challenge, as there is no other alternative for me at that stage.

First of all, if paying those prices it better be covered , secondly, using a simple adapter is always a wise move to prevent stripped threads on your device. I would be shocked if they don't take care of it asap , imo they should ship you a brand new replacement no questions asked.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
If it's under warranty they will cover it. All that's required is replacing the 510 connector which is no big deal and they shouldn't give you any grief for switching that out under warranty, however they are most likely going to put a new standard 510 connector of the same quality back in it. If you go that route just be careful with the new one. Don't over tighten, never tork an atty down on any standard connector as it can ware the insulator and threads out over time.

If you're up for it I would suggest doing it yourself and upgrading the connector. The fatdaddy connector mentioned above is much better quality and will last without worry of stripping the threads or wearing the insulator but it does require tapping threads in the box for the connector to screw into. Not a difficult job and can be done by hand as the aluminum is pretty easy to work with but will require the expense of the right size tap and the connector.

Last edited:

rsdntbplr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Northamptonshire, England, UK
First of all, if paying those prices it better be covered , secondly, using a simple adapter is always a wise move to prevent stripped threads on your device. I would be shocked if they don't take care of it asap , imo they should ship you a brand new replacement no questions asked.

I hope so. £170 is the most I've spent on a single mod so it'll definitely put me off purchasing expensive mods in the future if I'm left wth an unusable aluminium shell and a circuit board. The dealer I bought the Hana from still haven't heard back from Hana themselves, but they "think" they should be able to sort something out. Really, I'm not sure how it would work if they had to replace the unit - would the dealer have to cover the cost or would that fall down to Hana?

Even if they replace the 510 connector, that may not be possible for the dealer so that means sending it back to the states for repair.

If it's under warranty they will cover it. All that's required is replacing the 510 connector which is no big deal and they shouldn't give you any grief for switching that out under warranty, however they are most likely going to put a new standard 510 connector of the same quality back in it. If you go that route just be careful with the new one. Don't over tighten, never tork an atty down on any standard connector as it can ware the insulator and threads out over time.

If you're up for it I would suggest doing it yourself and upgrading the connector. The fatdaddy connector mentioned above is much better quality and will last without worry of stripping the threads or wearing the insulator but it does require tapping threads in the box for the connector to screw into. Not a difficult job and can be done by hand as the aluminum is pretty easy to work with but will require the expense of the right size tap and the connector.

The strange thing is, I was fully aware of the delicate nature of the 510 connector so I made sure I never over-tightened any of the RDAs I used. I've considered replacing the 510 connector myself, which will probably be the only alternative should I not be able to get a replacement/repair.

julpin

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Florida
Don`t mean to hijack this thread, just wasn`t shure where to get some help. I just purchased my Hana V3 Mini and having a problem with it. I can`t vape it passthrough, it just resets when out of battery, I thought they had the ability to be used as passthrough, any inout will be very appreciated, I am using the charging cable along with an iphone USB wall adaptor.

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
They can't work as a true passthrough. That is, they don't work when the battery is dead. They only draw 500mA from the usb port. They put out 2 to 10 Amps. You can use it while it is charging but it needs the battery to work. It will charge while you vape but it may not charge as fast as you are using the battery if you are chain vaping at high wattage.
You will need to let your dead battery charge up for a while before you can vape again.
Hope this helps.

One of the first things I purchased when I started vaping was the correct size taps and dies for the threads because I knew I'd bugger them on a Sunday night when no store is open and i was without a backup. I spent about $32 on the two taps and two dies from Amazon. And you'll likely have to buy them online because I checked a dozen hardware stores near me and nobody carried these sizes. And don't make the mistake of buying cheap ones because I guarantee you'll end up throwing away what you want to fix. Cheap taps break, aren't precise, and will cut threads too wide so the parts wont fit tight.

Here are the ones I bought off amazon. If you don't have a tap and die wrench, i suggest buying one too. Just don't stick it in a power drill.

2hxqfb9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread