Happy Birthday Alice :)

bday21.jpg

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Many thanks all. Tattle Tale Lisa.:eek: was hoping to sneak by. Jan especially ADORE the Bully Bday pics. Love the tattoo.
DH and I hadn't discussed any plans. So when I picked him up at airport, last evening, flight delayed, and tired puppy coming off four long days I told him all I wanted for my b-day was a full day working outside with absolutely no human intervention or expectations so we had to do B-day dinner Sat night. Of course choice was The Oasis, on our way home from airport. Well...... on Band nights it's best to get there before 1700 to get a good outside table. We pulled in 1830 and :eek: we had never seen parking area so crammed with hundreds of autos. Even valet was double/triple parking. We went in and no way there would be a free table outside till closing. Long wait for inside table, too, even though they can seat a couple hundred or more. We didn't stay although the most popular band and one of our favorites was playing. (Last month when we went to see them huge storm came in.) So headed out and valet didn't charge us.

Headed straight to my favorite in town, local "pub" Macaroni Grill. Luckily bar vaping area, with booths, almost empty, cool, dark, and very quiet. This gurl needs quite above all else. (The Oasis is deafening on band nights with not much elbow room even.)

We decided to toss GF to the wind. (neither of us are very gluten sensitive but best to limit). I started with two of my favorite Pomegranate "Martinis" up (made with vodka and sugared rim with long string of orange zest. Smelled delightful. Calamari. Simple salads and the best I've ever had anywhere and my usual there Capellini Pomadoro with roasted eggplant cubes. With dinner a very fine Pinot Grigio. Their desserts are to die for. Ordered three for home, a peach cake (looks more like a cobbler but is cake), a lemon cake (so moist almost a creme) and a chocolate, all with sauces so wonderful they are sinful. DH suggested movie The Prime of Miss Jean Brody but couldn't stream it from Netflix or Amazon so settled on Slaughterhouse Five. So glad!! We haven't watched it in years. Highly recommend. We split two desserts and having the choc tonight after cold Capellini for DH and warmed for me. They give you so much I can make three meals. So delightful evening and didn't even need any sleep aids and slept through whole night without waking once. That is a huge gift from the doGs!!!!!!!

Heading out to hard work bliss in a few. Pool guys starting tomorrow. One thing we are doing is converting big Pentair Quad DE filter to cartridge now that the new cartridges can filter out microscopic cementous dust. Will need a different multivalve. Out here, until most recent cartridges developed nothing but DE could filter out our fine stuff. The Pentair Quad is a fine filter, in theory, but it just doesn't backwash properly. Lot of us out here, especially with multiple swimming dogs, have to backwash several times a month. I use AquaPerl, similar to DE, ground volcanic rock without silica content. I backwash to woods down the hill.

Mastic between coping and concrete is going to cost double as the gap has gotten so large. The plaster job I had done in 96 was an exceptionally good job (luck was on my side). It's still in great condition despite my abuse and multiple acid washes. It's now 17 yrs old. Rare to have plaster last so long. The composite finishes were just coming on scene back then.... I wasn't even aware of them and it wasn't offered.

So off for a calm, quiet day. Emptying hot tub, too, later on or maybe not. I've overfilled it and had to drain off so many times it's almost new water.

Lawn crew stood me up Sat. I was up at 0600, dogs arranged, and they never showed or called. So I was a bit ...... much of day. I couldn't run anything noisy inside because I had to listen for them and couldn't do any work outside for fear of being caught scantily dressed (almost undressed).

Love and appreciation, Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread