Happy Father's Day!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Isaac my good man, HAPPY FATHERS DAY to you and family. You guys have been pure pleasure to deal with the last seven months. At this point in time I consider you a friend with all the help and advise you have given with great enthusiasm to boot. :D Your just a great giving person.

I'll second that. ;) :thumb:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Wow guys! THANK You!! Father's day sure has been extended this year! My daughter, whom I have every weekend has been here for about a week straight and is going to be for another! It's been just wonderful, busy,but wonderful. Val thought it was best to take Lara with Jake to the baby sitter so I can actually get some work done! :laugh:
I hope All the Daddys here had just a GREAT Father's day!!!

Aspen! I didn't even realize that your daughter's wedding was on the day before Father's day!!!! Just imaginable! It must've been the greatest/saddest/greatest Father's day ever! Lol in that order! Again my friend, I hope everything went nice and smoothly and I sincerely hope that everyone is enjoying their new found lives. Thank you Aspen.

LOL Stui!! If only I can impersonate a mobster! Want to know something about this Italian? Never seen any of the Godfathers'. Thank you so much good buddy!!!

Lol Whiskey!! I hope you had an awesome ride! You know, we have a Law in Pa that states a motorcyclist doesn't need to wear a helmet, but that doesn't mean you should! :p

aspen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Ca.
Thanks a lot Isaac, yes everything went smoothly. Well I had a little problem when it came to speech time. I could not focus on the font size (12) and every time I lifted my eyes to have audience contact I would lose my place on the page ( heavy sigh) needless to say if I was to grade myself it would be a C for delivery but an A for sincerity and an A+ for genuine. Prior to speech time dread was heavy on my mind and the only thing that worked for me was the thought that memories last a lot longer than dreadful feelings. So happy I got through this with flying colors in the end. The order of feelings described by you were exact.
Take care my friend

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Thanks a lot Isaac, yes everything went smoothly. Well I had a little problem when it came to speech time. I could not focus on the font size (12) and every time I lifted my eyes to have audience contact I would lose my place on the page ( heavy sigh) needless to say if I was to grade myself it would be a C for delivery but an A for sincerity and an A+ for genuine. Prior to speech time dread was heavy on my mind and the only thing that worked for me was the thought that memories last a lot longer than dreadful feelings. So happy I got through this with flying colors in the end. The order of feelings described by you were exact.
Take care my friend

LOL Oh man o man Aspen. Chuckling over here. Why in the world would you use 12pt?? Beautiful logic good sir. I'm glad you achieved the right state of mind for your grown up lil one to remember your expressions and words for lifetimes and for the future Aspen generations to come. Sounds odd from a spectrum point of view, but I'm sure that day will be told over and over again through the many years.
Cheers to you good sir.

aspen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Ca.
LOL Oh man o man Aspen. Chuckling over here. Why in the world would you use 12pt?? Beautiful logic good sir. I'm glad you achieved the right state of mind for your grown up lil one to remember your expressions and words for lifetimes and for the future Aspen generations to come. Sounds odd from a spectrum point of view, but I'm sure that day will be told over and over again through the many years.
Cheers to you good sir.
I know it sounds stupid now but with 12 font size everything fit on one page, so I was happy until reality hit upside the head when trying to read it while standing up and with no podium. LOL My efficient one page document kicked my ..... :laugh:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Hey Aspen.

I had to give a speech one time in front of about 500 people. I had butterflies in my belly and my knees.

I walked up to the podium after being introduced and had my fine speech right there with me in my briefcase.

Only ... I ran into one small problem. I couldn't get that danged briefcase to open and nothing I did was going to make it open. A guy in the audience even came up to help me and he couldn't get it to open either!

I ended up having to do it all from memory and it probably was a better speech because of it.

So don't worry about anything. Your speech was probably enjoyed more because it had to come from the heart, not read off a sheet of paper. And all you need to remember was a very happy day.

TT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread