Hard Hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyVape

Sep 11, 2016
In my experience so far and what I have been asked and have heard from others. Is that when your juice contains the product PG the hit seems to be harsher and the nicotine has a slight spark to it. From others Ive heard you can lower your amount of PG to help counteract with the nicotine. But what I have came into contact with was that the PG was needed for a harsh hit or itchy throat. The juice is just fine without adding PG to the mix. The PG also seems to water it down or thin the mixture of the nicotine, flavoring and PG.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
typically, higher PG = more throat hit, thinner juice - keep in mind, though that PG is also, to a large extent, the 'flavor carrier'... higher VG = more vapor, smoother vape

higher nic content will also increase throat hit (and some nic brands seem to have more throat hit than others, as well)

personally, I prefer a 70% vg/ 30% pg vape

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
best way is time, overall - least degradation of nic if stored in a cool, dark place and simply given time to do it's thing...

that being said, when i am mixing - especially samples/ testers - i often use a heated ultrasonic cleaner to 'speed steep' the juice - total of about 2.5-3 hours worth of heated UC cycling is roughly the equivalent of a week or so of steeping - for the most part now, i have enough juice mixed up that i just use a steeping rotation

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
typically, dessert flavors (creams, custards) need more steep time - and a lot of fruit flavors are close to shake and vape - this is going to be offset by the recipe somewhat, though - some are designed with higher flavor %'s to specifically be 'shake and vape' though steeping generally improves all flavors... some, for me notably lime flavors, do NOT like to be rushed - speed steeping seems to actually mute the lime

Reactions: LuckyVape

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
does the steep time vary by flavor? Say I wanna quick juice same day mix. How do I go about steeping it ready to be used? Is there a steep time difference for custards, fruity, alcoholic, menthol, vanilla?
Simpler flavors generally don't require any steep time. Simple fruit or menthol flavor, for example.

More complex, or multiple flavor recipes often require some steep time. Deserts (custards), tobacco, coffee, multiple fruit favors...for example.

Best method to steep, IMHO, is simply time. Vape it upon purchase as a test. Set it aside for a few days and try it again. It helps to shake the bottle daily to mix the contents as it steeps.

Some people suggest heating the e-liquid. I'm not so sure that does anything good. Heating can degrade nicotine.

Reactions: LuckyVape

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
The problem with vg is its to sweet and pg less so

Or is it that pg detracts from the natural flavoring of juices? I can't quite make up my mind. Maybe I conflate taste with flavor.

Then too PG has a lower boiling point and maybe that's why some say more flavor? More vapor, more flavor. But then again most agree you get better output from VG. Kind of a contradiction, isn't it?

There are other ways to get the bite so many of us equate with tobacco flavor. A little research should reveal the kinds of ingredients that produce it. Then we can find the juices made with them. Or, mebe add some to tweak recipes we like. Like, menthol for example.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread