Has anyone tried the EM 306 LR Cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa
Has anyone tried the EM 306 LR Cartomizers? How do they compare to the normal 510 Cartomizers.

I recently became a rather big user of the 510 Carto’s together with the Riva and some peanut Butter liquid. At this point it is my holy grail, :laugh: and I am not sure if I must venture off my finding to the 306 LR Carto’s?

MusicBox

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
Australia
If you like 510 cartos, you're gonna lurve these.
Way more vapour.
Way better flavour.
They are slightly smaller than the 510s so there is a bigger air gap around the Riva cone which gives a lighter draw.
If these were soft caps with a matching drip tip, I would use no other.
Funny, because I found the whole 306 atty fad a waste of time and money.

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa
Thanks MusicBox. This helps. I currently have one extra cone that I drilled holes in to enable the draw no to be so stiff. This has me running a white or titanium Riva with a black cone. So if that were not necessary that would solve that problem for me already. :laugh::laugh:

I use the Carto’s without drip tips. So I have this short stubby looking device. I Quite like the look.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
I've never much liked cartomizers as the ones I had tried made too much noise, felt hot and didn't give off much vapor. However, the first one of these I pulled from the pack is acting much like a really good LR EM5 atomizer when used with a cartridge. Fills easily with a syringe and lasts me about 5 hours between fills which is the same amount of time a 16340 battery lasts me. Renewing both becomes an easy 3 minute pit stop.

I'm not going to give up my LR EM5s and BE112s but if this was all I could buy and assuming they last a week, I'd be just fine.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
The 306 LR Cartomizes on EM website are "hard glued ones;" is it easy to drill out and remove the hard glued tips AND is it possible to put on a drip tip these cartomizers? Is it possible to purchase 1 x 5 pack of these 306 LR Cartomizes from eastmall.net?

There is no need to drill out anything-

you just warm the top of the cartoz with a hairdryer, or a cigarette lighter, then remove the white top piece,
and yes, a drip tip does fit into them.

It is not possible to purchase only 1 pack of 5 cartoz,
as there is a required minimum purchase -- different for each country due to postage ----

contact Customer service for details of your particular country ------

Last edited:

g33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
North of Pittsburgh, PA
You can use a drip tip on these? What kind? I have both the LR 306 carto's and 510 carto's and the 306's are slightly smaller in diameter. I'm going to go now and remove one of the caps and give it a shot...haven't done so yet as I just got my first shipment of EM products in today! YAY! Great transaction by the way...will definitely be back again!

g33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
North of Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Zeeky, I have those as well, but they are the same as the outer circumference as the carto. The 306 drip tips are made for the atty, since it is an exposed, bridge style atty...the 306's are the only ones that I know of that fits around the outside of the atty. Drip tip would need to be inside of the carto in my opinion. My 306 tip doesn't fit anyway...just went and tried it :(

g33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
North of Pittsburgh, PA
Well, sadly this one I'm not sure of as I don't have any of those ones. If I can get a good answer on this, I'll have to see about getting some. This little 306 carto is quickly becoming my favorite as I'm getting the great flavor like a 3.7 should be, plus the vape that I'm used to out of my many 6v devices. Definitely a winning combo here! Now to be on the hunt for this mysterious drip tip..."must have drip tip...must have drip tip" lol!

Another thought....if a drip tip is to go on the outside of the 306 carto, then I would think that the air flow through a TorneGo / Riva style PV would become pretty restricted. This is because there is just about half of an inch of the carto sticking out of the cone and anything obstructing the gap between the carto / cone would lessen the air flow. I'd like to see the "inner" type drip tips for these bad boys instead. Maybe EM could be the first to produce it specifically for the 306 **wink wink** Di :D

Zeeky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
California
An 801 cart tip fits perfectly.
It also doesn't restrict airflow with a Riva cone.
I am using this setup right now.

Excellent news MusicBox! Thanks!

The 801 cart tips I have are all whistle tips and provide a good mouth/lip piece to draw from and then all one need do to refill a 306 cartomizer is remove the 801 cart tip, drip around the inside of cartomizer cylinder until poly fill is soggy, put on the 801 cart tip and your good to go! And besides it's never a good idea to refill a cartomizer dripping down the middle of a drip tip!

g33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
North of Pittsburgh, PA
Awesome news MusicBox! Thanks for the heads up...I'll be getting some of those on my next order to try them out :D

Also, +1 to this!
And besides it's never a good idea to refill a cartomizer dripping down the middle of a drip tip!

Can't say I've ever tried to refill while using a drip tip on a carto...I could just see getting a middle tube full of juice and a huge mess to go right along with it lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread