The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Has anyone tried the Lab Series,yet?

Discussion in 'Smokeless tobacco' started by TWISTED VICTOR, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TWISTED VICTOR

TWISTED VICTOR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    Been looking at the Lab 01 and 02 from Swedish Match, particularly the 02 for the higher nic content. I'm not really fond of the traditional citrus/pepper flavor and this is described as tobacco with nut. Sounds kinda tastey. Also, the portions are longer and skinnier than normal portions for a better, more discrete fit. Anybody tried this, yet?

2. paladinx

paladinx Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2008
    mars
    I actually have the 02 sitting in my freezer. I have not tried it yet tho. Will report back when I do.

3. Stubby

Stubby Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Been using 01, finishing up my second can and waiting on a roll from getsnus. Needless to say but I like it. I to have been having problems with the citrus/pepper thing. The only one I can take is Skruf original white as it's mild and not much pepper, but even that is iffy. Just use it as an occasional change up from my normal stuff.

The 01 is among my top 3 all day snus along with Ettan white and Grovsnus white. Mild tobacco flavor with a slight herbal taste. No pepper and it doesn't get bitter even after 2 hours. Some people claim it's to bland and I can understand that. It doesn't over power with flavor. Just kind of hangs nicely in the background, The long portions are more comfortable for me then the standard and also more discreet. I don't do strong snus but I've heard the 02 has the same flavor.

4. TWISTED VICTOR

Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    Thanks, paladinx, will be making an order for getsnus soon and everytime I go to their site I see that ad. I think I'll like it and was going to throw in a can, but I figure if it gets a good review and doesn't taste like a peppered lemon :p I'd just go for the roll :).

5. TWISTED VICTOR

Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    Hey, Stubby. Ya know, if I was to design my own snus flavor, your description fits the bill. Good enough...a roll is goin' on the order :).

6. TWISTED VICTOR

Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    Alright....anticipation ate me up, so I ordered the roll of 02 :rolleyes:.

7. Stubby

Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Hard to beat the 2 free cans with a roll, though the 13 mg 02 would likely have me losing my Christmas cookies.

8. TWISTED VICTOR

Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    The 2 free cans is quite the bonus.....hope I like it. That and a roll of the Thunder Frosted mini's + the..mystery can. I should be good for a while. I hope my taste doesn't change between now and sometime next year 8-o. Now I won't be able to sleep wondering what the mystery can will be.

9. TropicalBob

TropicalBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2008
    Port Charlotte, FL USA
    My mystery can last week was a favorite that I hadn't ordered -- General Wintergreen.

10. TWISTED VICTOR

Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    A charmed life, indeed :).

11. Dredbull

Dredbull Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I digressed and ordered the general intro sampler for 3 bucks what the hell.

I did get a can of Roda Lacket los, lab 1 and lab 2. My stand by to replace my cans I am using out of rotation of Oden es kanel.

OH IF anyone is a los hound and like a sweet los the julesnus nordstrommen and gotlandskt julesnus is a xmas blend.
    one is glogg, cinnamon and clove the other is gingerbread mulled wine and clove.
    Both happen to be my favortie ok in the nic but nic and flavor packed.

I have a can of knox, and a couple others from northerner inbound also.

12. Stubby

Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Got the order today

1 roll of 01 plus 2 free
    Half roll of General Wintergreen
    1 can Gotlandsnus Julesnus (there Christmas snus)
    Free can is Odens classic. I don't mind odens classic. Better then my last one, GR#1. That ones in the land fill.

Big news, Getsnus sent the 2010 Swedish Match calendar. Besides photos of snus it has significant Swedish dates. Bet you didn't know that March 25 is Waffle day in Sweden, or that King Gustav Vasa was born on May 12 1496. Well, now you do.

13. TWISTED VICTOR

Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    They sent me a calender, too...and it was only an order of 2 cans and one of those was free. Made me feel a little obligated to order from them next time around instead of Northerner...I crack that way, like a slow knuckle grind to the groin. That's how I ended up being mezzmorized by the 01/02 ad :rolleyes:.

14. Stubby

Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    You do know that it's very likely getsnus gets the calendars for free from SM. I would be very surprised if they paid anything for them. It's just advertising for SM.

Nevertheless I order from getsnus much more then northerner. Better prices and faster shipping, though the shipping may have improved as of late with the expanded Northerner US warehouse.

Feb. 16 is National Cream Bun day in Sweden. Can't wait for that one.

15. olderthandirt

olderthandirt Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    Was kinda holding off from another snus order but between the remarks on the 01 AND a free calendar, well shucks, where is that silly peice o' plastic...

16. TWISTED VICTOR

Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    I know, I know. I'm just a sucker that way :rolleyes:.

Buy now, pay later...it's the American way :D. Hey, it's Christmas, I wanna hit the card limit before Momma, this time.

17. Dredbull

Hmm lab 1 and 2 unsure about these I just them in and got a mystery can pris out of my face.

Got gotlandskt anise it seems, not bad a bit sweeter than I like but good.
    Also roda lacket los is not to shabby, very fine grind.

18. Zofryer

Zofryer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2009
    Near DC
    As an experiment once, I actually made a bunch of little snus animals out of roda lacket. A little rabbit, and a turtle, and a chicken, and a deer. Prima Flint is the same way.

19. Dredbull

Man Zof I was considering making rabbit turds or rat turds and placing them all around the office.

20. a2dcovert

a2dcovert Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2009
    Louisiana
    I have tried it and I like it. :) But, I didn't get no calendar! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.