Hate to do this, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
I know Provape is busy, but I'm desperate, and I'm sure anyone else in my shoes would be upset too.

I just received my Provari yesterday (#5024), used it for a few very enjoyable hours. In that time I did have a clearomizer pull apart and leak juice onto my unit. I promptly cleaned it up and continued vaping. A few hours later I'm surfing the net, go to take a toot, and nothing. I look at it and see the button flashing rapidly. I pulled out the battery, put it back in and same thing. Without going on about my troubleshooting steps, with fully charged batteries (18650 & 18500) showing 4.17v on my voltmeter, My Provari is still flashing rapidly.

Of course they don't have a phone number, not even on the receipt. I've emailed and posted on Facebook, and now here. This is a wonderfull unit, LOVE it, and I guess that is part of the problem, I love it so much I DESPERATLY want it to work!!! I didn't have it 6 hours and now it's a $200 paperweight. :(

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I'd guess it's related to being new electronics, not to the spilled juice. I've had a MAP tank come apart and leak 4 mls of juice all over mine, and it didn't hiccup, just made a sticky mess I had to clean up.

Unfortunately electronics can fail right at the start. That's why companies like Rockford-Fosgate do a burn-in of their amps before shipping them. Lots of potential causes, but the only way to mitigate it is to do a few hours of burn-in testing, and that adds lots of bucks to the cost of the item. I'm sure ProVape will take care of you, a few others have had issues and had replacements in their hands within a couple of days. I think they've planned for this and keep a small stock on hand for fast warranty replacements.

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
I hope you're right, I've gotten 1 email from them so far:

Rapid flashing usually means "dead battery". I'm assuming you're using theA&W batteries you got from us? Is the charger showing the green LED when thebatteries are done charging? Do you have a different charger you can try, ora volt-meter you can use to check the battery voltage? The fully chargedbatteries should show over 3.7 volts.

I see we just shipped the unit to you, so I'm leaning away from device failure. If it's not the charger, we'll dig deeper. We'll get you up and running - quickly.

Kindly,
PhilP
roVape

I replied, but haven't heard further, yet. I would LOVE to figure a quick solution so I don't have to send it back and wait for a fix/replacement. But being the batteries don't seem to be the issue and are putting out 4.16v, I'm leaning toward a device failure. :(

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Thank you Kenny, but you don't have to now, it's WORKING!!! :)

I am kinda scared to say this, and it hopefully wont void my waranty, but I think it was the juice spill, and I'll tell you why. In a DESPERATE attempt to get this working, I poured rubbing alcohol into the body, almost filling it. My thought was it might clean the electronics, and I believe it did. I did blow it out and let it sit a few hours.

I do want to mention something here, I don't know about other's, (like yours Scott) but mine is NOT sealed. The alcohol dripped pretty quickly out of the connector, as well as the button hole. I love clearomizers, but am concerned that this could happen again. :(

crackbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.thecrackhouse.net
once my maptanks bottom blew out and did not realize it and liquid flowed down the side and down into the lcd cover.. i was freaking out cleaning ect.. but have had no problems but not sure on how much liquid got in it if any. i looked inside and did not see any but could have gotten on the board..

i think they should fix it as this is bound to happen once or twice in owning one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread