have i already destroyed my atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artage

Oct 15, 2009
nashville, tn
hello, i am obviously a noob here. i bought my first, a sidesho from modern vapor (and yes everything everyone says about his customer service is correct and then some) i'm in love with it! by day two i was depressed and disgusted when my battery was dead and i had to smoke an analog. but here are my problems

1. pretty sure i ruined my auto battery from dripping. but after dripping once i had to keep doing it! i know the dripping on autos is probably not the right thing to do. lesson learned

2. i also got a manual battery though. dripping heaven! untill last night that is. the battery lights up (for that matter the auto battery still does too) but i get absolutely nothing. the atty doesn't even get warm anymore and definately doesn't glow or produce any vapor what so ever.

so have i flooded the atty? or maybe something else that i'm not even aware of? any hope of bringing it back to life? i'll definately be ordering more spare parts anyway but if i could bring this back while i'm waiting for that it would be sooo good as my analogs just don't taste the same anymore.

thanks in advance for any help and apologies if my answers are already here and i just haven't found them.

-AA-

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I see you are in Nashville.... Try to contact Casey (user Casey@PS) or Steve (user CasHmere) at Puresmoker.com and they may be able to help you out with an atty..

Just a long shot... They are in the area and you might be able to talk Steve into meeting you....

I buy atties in 5 packs now... and batteries no need with the Prodigy and Protege...

Sorry what is the sideshow actually? Is it a M401? Or a 510... I was thinking it was a 510 for some reason...

Last edited:

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Try DIPPING the auto E-cig rather than DRIPPING. By dipping you aren't letting it run down into the battery and it will only wick up what it can hold thus reducing the chances of excess liquid running into the battery. I dip with my Dragon and I have not had any issues with flooding, or battery life. I find it quicker and easier than dripping as well since I don't have to be accurate, I can just dip it into the contact lens case that I have about 15 drops in it and away I go.

artage

Oct 15, 2009
nashville, tn
thanks again to everyone.. so far no luck. might have to mark this one up as nooby mistakes and suffer the consequences. :( but lots of good info to prevent this from happening in the future. will definately have to try the dipping instead of dripping! and good to know there's someone in the area too. and from what i understand its an upgrade from the 401. i believe its actually a L118 or M118 or something like that.

-AA-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread