The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Have you tried PLUGGING !? Much better than dripping...

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by revolver, Jul 28, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. revolver

revolver Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    This is something I wanted to share with my ECF friends:

As you drip, a big amount of e-liquid goes through the air channel and it is not effectively vaporized. So you end up wasting a lot of juice !!! Furthermore, eventually, you may end up with a clogged/ saturated atty. And you are not really exploiting the possibilities of the mesh/ fibers...

Dipping, on the other hand, lets you do so... -Dipping is the technique consisting of simply letting your metal mesh "drink" from a pool of liquid, by letting the bridge sit there- But, you cannot do it with atties which do not have an exposed bridge, such as a 306. And, the worst downside to it is that it is not as 'comfy' as dripping; even when you have a cool and convenient dip cup, the entire process of carrying it, opening this, etc. makes it a pain, to say the least. It may be convenient when you are sitting at your desk, but definitely not on the go...

So... I have designed a new way... Plugging !!!

And What is that !? You may ask...

Well, it is a very basic and simple technique, as a dripping/ dipping alternative which will allow you to fully exploit the possibilities of the wicking -which will translate into much more puffs- and keeping your vape much more consistent -quality-wise- and 'clean'. It is also very easy and natural...
    It is basically all of the advantages of dipping with the simplicity of dripping !!!

How can I do it ?? Explain !!!

It is extremely easy... The very beaty behind this technique may stem from its simplicity...

Steps:

1. "Plug" your juice bottle into the drip tip (by pushing gently) and you will be surprised to see how tight it feels; seems as if the size to most tips was thought for plugging !!!

2. With the tip of the bottle facing up; plugged into your PV through the drip tip: Feed your atty by squeezing the bottle of juice until your juice level reaches just about the ceramic cup level... Leave the juice there for around five secs; as if you were dipping, so to speak !!!

3. Vape away !!!

Set up note:

While it is convenient to do this with an exposed bridge atty such as a 306, and a translucid drip tip, you may do it with most atties by means of simply modding them... The mod is a very simply one; you just have to change the 510 or 901 cover and replace by a transparent one; such as the one from clearos-cartos or similar; compatible. Thats it !!!

Try this; it is really worhty !!!

This is a link to a video clip... It is from a member of "vapendo.com" so it is in spanish... But the images shall do the trick !!! Simply watch the first minute or so and you will definitely get it !!!

‪Plugging‬‏ - YouTube

This technique was introduced within the context of The First Vape Fest in Argentina and it has become very popular among people from my country... We have been practicing this for a while now, with great results !!!

Go for it and enjoy !!! You will see how consistent and convenient your vape gets !!!

:2cool:

Just click on the LIKE button later because you WILL and leave a comment... !!!

2. moonsbabe

moonsbabe Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2011
    Texas
    seems to me you would contaminate your whole bottle of liquid.

3. prometheus

prometheus Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA
    Can't really see this catching on... Cool idea though

4. Coil

Coil Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2011
    SO. CAL
    @ Revolver. VERY COOL CONCEPT! I kinda wanna try this one out now. Actually I will have to try this out sometime here this week. I did have to watch the full video to get the full understanding of it instead of just the clip. Thanks for sharing.

5. Sandrita

Sandrita Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    Gibraltar & Spain
    Cool Idea Thanks for sharing I will try this evening :D

6. XDoctor

XDoctor Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2009
    Casper, WY
    OP has a future in late night informercials.

7. ericdjobs

ericdjobs Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2011
    Northern CA
    I would at least have a single small bottle to use strictly for this.. the method from the video seems like you could have a freak accident and ruin all your juice :) Imagine one of those burnt black old juice drops dripping back into your fresh bottle of juice.. i would be pissed lol

8. rolygate

rolygate Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    This is good, we will call it the Argentina Drip.

:)

9. myxomatosis

myxomatosis Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    KC
    Seems like a cool idea. Thanks for sharing.

10. prometheus

prometheus Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA
    When they said contaminate I think they mean the flavor. As in old burnt juice mixing with stuff still in the bottle. I just tried it and I can tell you that you have to have a clean atty cause it will mix with your bottle. Now I have coffee in my apple danish... although may be a good mix lol. Point is it doesn't seem to save me any time (in fact takes longer but this may be cause I am not used to doing it) from dripping and I get the same hits so not sure what the advantage is...

11. moonsbabe

moonsbabe Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2011
    Texas
    That is exactly what I meant. I don't think I want some of my flavors to mingle without permission! LOL!

12. puntadigital

puntadigital Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    Uruguay
  13. revolver

Jul 9, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    May it "contaminate" your liquid ... !?

Just as when bottom-feeding, for the most part! No difference...

14. revolver

Jul 9, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    And when it comes to whether it will make for a longer vape session... Well, even though your vaping rythm, techniques, gear and dripping methods, together with other circumstances may translate into similar duration...
    Again, it is to last longer than dripping, in general... For your entire wicking element gets fully saturated the perfect way when plugging...

:)

15. revolver

Jul 9, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Sorry for the triple post... My connection is failing...

Anyhow... Try plugging... Youll luv it !!!

16. nastos.

nastos. Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2011
    South West FL,
    cool idea, I was confused at first reading the post but the video cleared it up. I started dewicking my atties so not sure this method would work well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.